Introducing......Street Legal Competition Coupe

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!

First Jeff Lemke's Street Serpent and now Wayne Finch's Comp Coupe!!

This truly IS an AMAZING time to be into Vipers!!

Both are works of art!

Jay K.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice work Wayne.....Just curious...Were these panels just bolt on???If so DC should have offered these pieces as an option or in the Mopar catalog...

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much fabrication had to go into changing those panels? I imagine the doors/quarter panel area needed alot of work. What else?

OP
OP
W

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer some questions....

A fair bit of fabrication around door/window area. SRT window is much more rounded than Comp Coupe. Interior matches up fairly good. Installed roll cage as well.

I also wanted the rear lexan window to be hinged and operating which required fabrication.

Panels are not bolt on as mounting points are not the same.

Weight is definitely down, not sure the exact amount

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, the panels aren't even bolt on when you are trying to put them back on a CC.....

Nice work, Wayne - definitely the way to go - starting with a coupe. Can't wait to see the looks of the car on the ground. I'd be interested to see how you dealt with the rear hatch, the "trunk" and the space behind it.

Again - VERY cool. And I have an idea of how much work that is.... you are very patient. :laugh:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car was originally a coupe. Much easier to start there than the other way around

Reading the thread, I was just about to ask that question. I figured it would be more cost effective that way than the other way around.

Scarfone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow Wayne, that looks amazing! I've always wanted Dodge to come out with a street legal version. If you ever want some pictures just send me a PM or email.

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You city boys have way to much time on your hands. Just buy the comp coupe move to a small town in Oregon and they will issue you a plate for your race car.

But if I had to live in big city, you did a great job!!

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your car looks awesome, Wayne. :2tu:
It takes the patience, skills and "short time" of Viper Enthusiasts to create the Coupe 99% of us were waiting instead of the SRT-C. And DC were not even able to do that in the 4 years from the SRT and CC were created... :rolleyes:
Thanks Wayne and Jeff to give the cars we want. :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte