Introduction for Gen V / New York Autoshow / Group Ticket Purchase

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the NY Debuts page there is no mention of the VIPER. The Chrysler 200 SRT and Grand Cherokee SRT is mentioned, but nothing from Dodge. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Bob
You're looking at vehicles that debuted last year.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PA/WV Region is going to put together a bus trip to go up the first weekend....I for one hate taking my personal vehicles into the city. Details will follow as they develop.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure to ask JonB about the fabric, thread count, shrinkage details, sizing info ..... he loves all that stuff :D

Absolutely and make sure you call him first thing Monday morning to ask

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very Funny............ just add $1 per each fabric-care-color related questions....

Last edited:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how can we find out the day/time the Viper will first show? I might be able to fly up for the day for it, but would need to know those details.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The website states that the full schedule of special events (vehicle Debuts, etc) will be posted in early March.
You have to think it will debut for the press on Press Wed; Dealer Thursday "Should" be a day club members can get special credentials? After all, arent we all "sales ambassadors" for Viper, SRT, and Dodge? ADRIAN! Twist some arms

http://www.autoshowny.com/show/faq

JonB

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those were from last years show ... they haven't posted much info about this coming years show yet

On the NY Debuts page there is no mention of the VIPER. The Chrysler 200 SRT and Grand Cherokee SRT is mentioned, but nothing from Dodge. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Bob

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The website states that the full schedule of special events (vehicle Debuts, etc) will be posted in early March.
You have to think it will debut for the press on Press Wed; Dealer Thursday "Should" be a day club members can get special credentials? After all, arent we all "sales ambassadors" for Viper, SRT, and Dodge? ADRIAN! Twist some arms

http://www.autoshowny.com/show/faq

JonB

I don't want to be left out! :sadpace:I NEED TO BE THERE WHEN IT UNVEILS!

--RS

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't want to be left out! :sadpace:I NEED TO BE THERE WHEN IT UNVEILS!

--RS

That almost certainly will be on PRESS DAY. I wonder if Ralph and/or Sergio will do the honors? Its Gonna Be BIG!

[Maybe Chrysler-Journalist Maurice needs a valet to carry his lenses?] I remember when the Prowler debuted, and Bob Lutz and Bob Eaton came on stage on press day dressed like the BLUES BROTHERS.... Mr. Gilles has already been SuperSoul in One-Lap of America. Gotta be some fun theme in the works............. "Snakes On a Stage" ?

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB......thanks for your input....one off topic comment since this is my thread...where is the reply of my email for a pair of those 7:12 stickers for my ACR?:rolleyes:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JonB......thanks for your input....one off topic comment since this is my thread...where is the reply of my email for a pair of those 7:12 stickers for my ACR?:rolleyes:

YIKES! I must missed it....or I bet I sent em to the OTHER ViperBob! SORRY. Shoot me a mail with PREFERED COLOR of decals and they go out tomorrow. Red+white ?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That almost certainly will be on PRESS DAY. I wonder if Ralph and/or Sergio will do the honors? Its Gonna Be BIG!

[Maybe Chrysler-Journalist Maurice needs a valet to carry his lenses?] I remember when the Prowler debuted, and Bob Lutz and Bob Eaton came on stage on press day dressed like the BLUES BROTHERS.... Mr. Gilles has already been SuperSoul in One-Lap of America. Gotta be some fun theme in the works............. "Snakes On a Stage" ?

Maybe Both!! Would love to see Ralph AND Sergio do the honors. It brings to mind that photo of Ralph kissing the SRT 8 Charger. Showing how much care he has for the automobiles he is responsible for. I would think we could expect no less for "The Grandaddy of them all."

srtx-wide-community.jpg

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that after 20 years of Vipers where there has always been an open roadster and sometimes no coupe, 2013 could be the first year with only a coupe and no roadster.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd think that the Viper would be unveiled during the Industry/press preview days. So It's probably futile to try to coordinate a time to see the unveiling unless you're a privileged member of the automotive community.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally something big in our neck of the woods.... NYC.....will be there for sure!! Now how about the next VOI up here??

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that after 20 years of Vipers where there has always been an open roadster and sometimes no coupe, 2013 could be the first year with only a coupe and no roadster.

errr maybe maybe not, remember the test cars with the new front are Verts. Some coupes had suspension and other tests done, like drivin on snow.

--RS

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
errr maybe maybe not, remember the test cars with the new front are Verts. Some coupes had suspension and other tests done, like drivin on snow.

--RS

And when they introduce a rigid vert, it only means that when the coupe comes out, it will be even more rigid (albiet at the sacrifice of weight)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth