Is "new" VCA finally going to deal with bad supporting vendors?

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I think it's time for me to join the Vipair list.... I've ordered from Steve before and he was honest and went above and beyond. So when I recently, 2 months ago, placed an order with him I didn't hesitate. Now two weeks after I was told "It's almost done".... no response/communication.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I think it's time for me to join the Vipair list.... I've ordered from Steve before and he was honest and went above and beyond. So when I recently, 2 months ago, placed an order with him I didn't hesitate. Now two weeks after I was told "It's almost done".... no response/communication.

Welcome to the club! :crazy2: I waited for 6 months and finally asked for (and received) a refund. Anyone received any carbon fiber parts from Vipair in the last few months?

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm missing the issue. I easily found Vipair in the vendor forum, I see several open issues going. What is the VCA expected to do? You have a forum to open a critique, it's visible to all. Even JonB is not 100% positive.

Last time we got involved with a vendor policing issue we lost the Pacific NW. Caveat Emptor, you're all grown-ups who own vipers, "the VCA" making decisions on behalf of members has not worked out so well for us in the past...

If there are issues that are unresolved that some mod is closing the thread to early on to "protect the vendor" (as I read the insinuation), that's one thing, but I can guarantee we don't have the manpower to do that, we have bigger fish to fry than silencing someone's legitimate complaint to a vendor (unless its a personal attack).

Seriously, you guys are painting innuendo that we're silencing critiques of vendors (which we are not); that pales in comparison to the crapstorm that would happen if we kicked a vendor off (and we have recent history of that).

Even the Hennessey deal was a huge crapstorm of pain, no thanks...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, I think hes referring to allowing shady vendors to continue to be site sponsors in which it would be YOUR DUTY to break ties with because it brings bad business to a forum. But in the end you allow someone who has constantly had issues on the forum, CONSTANTLY, openly advertise and sell and just turn a blind eye. I understand a lot has been donated but enough is enough! And don't think my comments are directed just towards VCA, I said something on the other forums where he is a sponsor as well. VG really disappointed me when they allowed him to be a sponsor.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, I think hes referring to allowing shady vendors to continue to be site sponsors in which it would be YOUR DUTY to break ties with because it brings bad business to a forum. But in the end you allow someone who has constantly had issues on the forum, CONSTANTLY, openly advertise and sell and just turn a blind eye. I understand a lot has been donated but enough is enough! And don't think my comments are directed just towards VCA, I said something on the other forums where he is a sponsor as well. VG really disappointed me when they allowed him to be a sponsor.
Very observant:2tu: Pecunia non olet, as the Romans used to say :)

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve reached out to me and we are all good!!!! With his patience and help I was able to put together a set of heads I have been wanting for a while and placed my order with him today for the Stryker heads.... thanks Steve!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve reached out to me and we are all good!!!! With his patience and help I was able to put together a set of heads I have been wanting for a while and placed my order with him today for the Stryker heads.... thanks Steve!

I wish you the best of luck, honestly. I wanted to buy the stage 3 heads but I don't trust sending money to him. Hopefully he can turn around the years of bad press because he usually has nice things to sell.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I was a bit preoccupied getting my paperwork in order for my court date with Mr. Prescott.

Anyways, I wish you luck:2tu: Perhaps you should reserve your praises until you receive the heads and everything checks out? Come to think about, seeing the prices, I really wish you luck.:) I had a very pleasant experience with Mr. Prescott as well, at least until I paid my money and "donated" my parts to him.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck. You are a brave man.....especially after your previous comment. I guess dangling a carrot works. Hope you get what you paid for if you get it in timely fashion and if they are what they are advertised.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree 100%. Should be cut and dry. And what is a bigger fish to fry out there? We are talking doing honest business, is that too much to ask?

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Should be cut and dry. And what is a bigger fish to fry out there? We are talking doing honest business, is that too much to ask?
Should be interesting how this plays out with VOA and how they will deal with "supporting vendors" and who will be allowed to carry this title.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be interesting how this plays out with VOA and how they will deal with "supporting vendors" and who will be allowed to carry this title.
PeterMJ I really hope your situation gets resolved. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PeterMJ I really hope your situation gets resolved. Keep us posted.
Thank you very much. I am actually thinking about others and safeguards that should exist to prevent the opportunity in general. I really do not want anyone else to go through it. Just trying to make a change I guess.:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4