Is The Viper An ANTI-CHICK MAGNET?

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense, Ted but what sort of female would that old school Duster possibly attract? From my experience, women are attracted to money (as in luxury) and social status more than anything else. They don't quite get the old car thing. You might attract a beatnik with that ugly duck but otherwise, stick with that monstrous Viper when it's a piece of a$$ that is worth a dip.

This is about the same thing I was going to say. The biggest first impression turn on for MOST women is a guy that is financially secure. When a woman see's a Viper, most of the attention getting part of it is she knows that you are financially secure (or, is under the impression that you are). That and they are rare cars as well and they (women), like the fact that the car draws a crowd because, even if no they don't know **** about cars, they know that it is something rare because there are very few Vipers on the road. This is again a rational that they cost a lot of money and is an attraction to women.

Alexarz -

With the car parked (and me not near it) I watch the car, and watch who stops and checks it out. So, I am trying to judge the merits of the Viper as a standalone, and - before you get your undies in a bunch - all I am saying is that I observe very few women getting fired up over the car. That's all I am sayin'.

:omg:I'm trying to tell you!!!!!! Yellow is in!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Parked, driving, Show & Shine, Viper meets....Yellow is in!!!!!:2tu:

I have no idea who the girl is on the hood, she just came along when I was visiting with buddy (also Yellow Viper) and said she LOVED the car and would I take her picture.:D:D

YUK X 10000000000000000 :lmao:

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no problems here. most girls i meet are surprised that a 24 year old can afford this car lol

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's gotta be the Jersey thing...

Here in So Ca, I had to pull a girl off my Gen I hood... :omg: I'm freaking serious!
I'm sitting in a restaurant, and someone at my table says do you know who that is on your car? I look out and ***! There's a woman slithering on the hood of my car :mad:

Yelling "Start me up baby" :nono: I couldn't believe what I was seeing...
I wanted to beat the crap out of her...

Another time I was driving the Red Gen I down PCH, when a guy in a BMW started yelling at my car... "Thats gotta be a really BIG Man to drive a car like that" He kept harassing me down PCH at every light... Always saying the same kinda BS... I kept him behind me... Finally he got up along side my car, and just then his phone rang... I yelled at him, "You better answer"... "Your MOM wants her car back"... :lmao:
He sped off and left me alone :eater:
He must have wanted some big guy to beat the crap out of him...

I decided I liked Vipers, so I sold the Gen I and bought a Blue Gen III..

I'd stop at a store and guys would run up and say "WOW your (inject moronic assumption here) BF - Husband- etc Must really trust you to let you drive that car"

So I decided to put a string of pearls around the RV Mirror... I thought no way a guy would drive a car like that with pearls on the mirror... The moronic statements kept coming.

I could be driving in traffic, and I would see a car driving crazy to get up next to me... It would always be a woman, who was ultimately disappointed to find a woman driving the car... This happened so many times... I decided to get vanity plates...

I put VIPRGIRL plates on my car...

Now I got em... They will leave me alone...

NO SUCH LUCK!

Now every freaking guy on the FWY has to SEE a VIPER GIRL...

I can't win... I tell ya...

Next I'm going for window tint...

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING. iT'S THE COLOR-YELLOW IS IN!!!! (EXTRA LARGE FOR ANYONE WITH VISION PROBLEMS).:):smirk::eater::drive::)[/SIZE]

Okay, you have said this about 15 times now. Stop being a post/attention *****. We get it, you like yellow Dodge Vipers, now chill out.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here in So Ca, I had to pull a girl off my Gen I hood... :omg: I'm freaking serious!
I'm sitting in a restaurant, and someone at my table says do you know who that is on your car? I look out and ***! There's a woman slithering on the hood of my car :mad:

Another time I was driving the Red Gen I down PCH, when a guy in a BMW started yelling at my car... "Thats gotta be a really BIG Man to drive a car like that" He kept harassing me down PCH at every light... Always saying the same kinda BS... I kept him behind me... Finally he got up along side my car, and just then his phone rang... I yelled at him, "You better answer"... "Your MOM wants her car back"... :lmao:

I'd stop at a store and guys would run up and say "WOW your (inject moronic assumption here) BF - Husband- etc Must really trust you to let you drive that car"

So I decided to put a string of pearls around the RV Mirror... I thought no way a guy would drive a car like that with pearls on the mirror... The moronic statements kept coming.

I could be driving in traffic, and I would see a car driving crazy to get up next to me... It would always be a woman, who was ultimately disappointed to find a woman driving the car... This happened so many times... I decided to get vanity plates...

NO SUCH LUCK!

poor girl... I'll send you a couple rolls of these to circle your Viper while parked ;)

electrocoil.jpg

Last edited:

JJB500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not really a Jersey thing, get plenty of attention, sometimes too much! Had a young lady get out of her car at a traffic light and give my a kiss on the lips.
I had to be rescued from two ultra hot German women at a party! They wanted to check out the Viper, then they wanted to know if ..........;) But another young lady alerted my girlfriend that she had better rescue me before I get in trouble:(

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oops... bad link

Electro-Coil Razor Wire... nasty stuff. :)

electrocoil.jpg
:lmao::lmao:I'll order some today...

I could also install some web cameras, to upload "My Cars Life" series to the net...

Viewable on my new iPhine 3GS too... LOL

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NO SUCH LUCK!

:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Man, I think I ***'d my pants!:omg: That is too funny! :lmao:

I feel for ya girl! But I still do find it funny!:lmao::lmao:

Ever consider a small rocket launcher mounted to the underside of the car? Will finally eliminate pesky people.:D:D

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a damn shame that said Sapphire owner doesn't have the necessary budget to buy a decent digital camera.

I'll resent that comment, only cause I was just on the cusp of taking motion photos but I'm surprised Mike didn't post these....

You must be registered for see images attach

Sapphire has always been a deep rich color so it's really more subtle than all the others.

--RS

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we first bought our 95 Green RT/10 we had so many people looking at us that we put the CD in the player with the Madonna song Vogue... "What you looking at..."
I have gotten free coffees and breakfast sandwiches just by driving my (dark colored) Vipers through drive throughs, can't imagine how much attention I would get if I were female or had a yellow or red car... heck I might need to get dark glasses!

The cars attract all kinds of attention from all ages. The Washington club has even won awards in local parades, one was people's choice which was voted on by the crowd. There are certainly some women who are too busy driving their min-vans while talking on the phone and adding make-up to notice the Viper but more often than not when it is parked even at home depot or even DQ, there are people taking pictures when we come out. All ages, too... I also get emails all the time from people who I know who had a friend who saw a Viper driving down the road... it really is an attention grabber at least in the Pacific NW.

A couple of recent examples:
When we were at the Portland International race track Memorial day, we had two girls (and one guy) in their 30s hang out with us as they wanted to get their picture taken with the coolest looking cars... those were at Lotus and Porsche club days and at events where I wouldn's normally expect too many females.

Two weekends ago we were at a car show with 3 Vipers, a real transam car from the 60s, an original GT-40 with race history and 5 hydroplane boats, our cars got at least as much attention as the unlimited hydroplane! When we decided to allow kids sit in and get their picture taken in the Viper, we had a line form, mostly 30-40 year olds who wanted to have their picture too.

For those not getting enough attention with their Viper, you are certainly invited to the NW for an event!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for the NJ thing, you really may be on to something. In NJ, there are two types of people. In NJ (south) the car is most likely accepted and people will treat you nicely.

In northern NJ, there is a psychology that a person knows what they are doing and are unimpressed by what goes on around them. That way, they seem to be from a higher social standing. Sort of a "seen that, done that" attitude.

As said by others, the way out of that attitude is to have a Mercedes or late model Jag emblem on your car. Then people will act warmer as if you are in the club. They are not impressed, but see you as an equal. They don't sneer down at you.

It does not matter if the Dodge costs 90k and the owner buys it for cash vs. a person that leases a cheap Mercedes for a weekend. The Mercedes will win out. Club member.

It is why the Northern NJ market is so highly coveted by manufacturers. People pay very high prices just for leasing stuff. It is about status. Don't believe me? Check out the "Real Housewives of NJ" show. While it is a piece of garbage, it will let you peek into the mindset.

Its not that your car isn't cool or unusual. It is. You just don't have the emblem.

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna help out Obsidian here, since I know him. :omg:

Its not him, its not the car............its the clueless, boring **** women in NJ. They are into themselves and have no clue what cool is. Mike put a Mercedes emblem on the front hood and your good to go. NJ women wouldn't know the difference. If they think you've got money, then they're interested in ya! Its all about status and name brands. When I had my Mercedes SL500, I got more looks from women in NJ than my Viper (both black cars). Also anything red will attract looks. Could be a red Kia with the roof cut off.........

Mike you want looks in NJ, buy a MB. Any other state and your GTS would probably attract them no problem. :2tu: Its not you buddy....trust me!

Hey brother... long time no talk! What is up with the Gen2. Did you sell the Gen3. Tell me if you are up for some cruises this year. When the weather stops raining, if it ever does, there is another fellow down in central Jersey (Mike H) who wants to do a a cruise.

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll resent that comment, only cause I was just on the cusp of taking motion photos but I'm surprised Mike didn't post these....

Sapphire has always been a deep rich color so it's really more subtle than all the others.

--RS

Hey RS. Do you have the photo of it on the highway (the one that is the avatar).... I can't find it.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Man, I think I ***'d my pants!:omg: That is too funny! :lmao:

I feel for ya girl! But I still do find it funny!:lmao::lmao:

Ever consider a small rocket launcher mounted to the underside of the car? Will finally eliminate pesky people.:D:D
It is funny... I got lots of stories like those...

After driving a Viper for 26k miles, sh*t kinda happens... Often:lmao:

I always said I wanted to mount a tank gun, on my Hummer...

Rocket launcher on the Viper sounds about right! LOL

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do chicks generally like good cars? Apart from a few notable exceptions, they usually go for 'cute' cars (e.g., mini, VW bug) or blatantly expensive cars (e.g., Bentley, Aston Martin, Porsche etc). Most wouldn't know what a Viper was...

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do chicks generally like good cars? Apart from a few notable exceptions, they usually go for 'cute' cars (e.g., mini, VW bug) or blatantly expensive cars (e.g., Bentley, Aston Martin, Porsche etc). Most wouldn't know what a Viper was...

See... the guy from Scotland gets it. Women generally dig the cute cars or the big money cars. Sports cars in general are **-hum.... to the women.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sports cars in general are **-hum.... to the women.

I'm telling you, move to redneck country. And make sure your car is Massey Ferguson red, or John Deere snake skin green, or Cub Cadet yellow, or...

You see, they think differently around here, but you have to be careful when you tell them to take the spurs off before getting in the car.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm telling you, move to redneck country. And make sure your car is Massey Ferguson red, or John Deere snake skin green, or Cub Cadet yellow, or...

You see, they think differently around here, but you have to be careful when you tell them to take the spurs off before getting in the car.

Damn, that's probably what happened to my seats and my a**. I told her I didn't want the blindfold.:(

:D:D:D:D:D:headbang:

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I have to say is I only been flashed one time outside the Viper, many times in it.

And lets be clear, these were women flashing :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molgera