Is there a product like this for the SRT (Viper in general)?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Porsche 991's brake lights flicker a few time to warn drivers behind them when you are under hard braking. Is there a product out there that can do this for the SRT (and other Vipers)? I have a buddy with an SRT that would like this on his vert if possible. TIA

BTW, the new 991 has rear LED tail lights. Now that I think about it, it may be a little difficult to do this with regular incandescent light bulbs? Maybe he could add one of those lights that flickers rapidly, such like the ones you see on dump trucks/18-wheelers etc... if nothing else? lol Seriously.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are universal products sold out there that target motorcyclists. I had a nice one that I put on my 675 before I sold it.

Incandescant would not be able to strobe like LED's, but you could still flash them on-off-on-off-on. (strobe versus flash is just the speed at which the light flickers... Thats the lingo I have seen them use on the mcycle world)

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Example:

http://www.mymotorcyclebrakelights.com/

Thats not the one I got. The one I got had three PID switches to customize whether you wanted it to flash, strobe, both (it would strobe three times) and whether you wanted it to repeat every 30 seconds or just stay steady ON after it performs the flash/strobe. It also wouldn't reset until 30 seconds, so if you tap the brakes it would strobe but if you let off and hit the brakes again within 30 seconds it wouldn't strobe again.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will pass it along. Didnt think about looking on the motorcycle side. Appreciated.
Example:http://www.mymotorcyclebrakelights.com/Thats not the one I got. The one I got had three PID switches to customize whether you wanted it to flash, strobe, both (it would strobe three times) and whether you wanted it to repeat every 30 seconds or just stay steady ON after it performs the flash/strobe. It also wouldn't reset until 30 seconds, so if you tap the brakes it would strobe but if you let off and hit the brakes again within 30 seconds it wouldn't strobe again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960