Is there a way to banned people...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C’mon.:smirk: You would like leather Interior or a suede headliner?:2tu: What about your next Viper, will it come with the RB1 radio with the GPS?:eater:

So far, keeping the '05..no plans for another Viper! :) Nope, would not care for leather interior or suede (SUEDE???? For real??? ;) )...we have a portable GPS device...that's good enuf for us! Cup holders and power seats...nahhhhhh!! Good to hear from you here, BIG!!! Have missed ya~~~juli

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen1 = the way it should be.

roof? no
windows? no
cup holders? no, the drink would spill on take off anyway.
wipers? not sure?
a/c? not mine!
door handles? no
trunk space? oh, please.....
back seat for the kiddies? no
radio? barely. that however will be rectafied.
trans. dipstick? no
glove box? if you can call it that.

what it does have:

10 cylinders
thunder that makes children cry
appearance that makes old people scoule
lines that could put ****** out of business
power that makes zo6 owners rethink a foolish decision

stripped down and super fast. the way it should be.:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
roof? no
windows? no
wipers? not sure?
a/c? not mine!
door handles? no
trans. dipstick? no
what it does have:
10 cylinders

Jay, you are QUITE the writer...GREAT descriptions! ~juli

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

roof? no
windows? no
wipers? not sure?
a/c? not mine!
door handles? no
trans. dipstick? no

what it does have:

10 cylinders

You seem quite smart. I'll assume you were stoned when you said black is faster than red and forgive you. Remember kids, don't drive your Viper when under the effects of illegal narcotics. :nono:
:D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seem quite smart. I'll assume you were stoned when you said black is faster than red and forgive you. Remember kids, don't drive your Viper when under the effects of illegal narcotics. :nono:

Yes, Jay IS quite smart--he was STONE SOBER when he knew about the black/red/fastest debacle...okay--again, ALL VIPERS are fast...no matter what the color...it's the weekend, we can all agree on THAT one!!! :eater: Enjoy~~~juli

V

Venomiss

Just realize the yellow on your car is what makes it the fastest one.....:lmao:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think sending Viper owners, much like yourself, to a driving school would be much cheaper than devlop usless nanny tech.

Tell ya what disturbed, why dont you just show me around the track a little bit. I'd much rather that. Course, you most certainly would only be seing my back up camera (if I had one) for a short bit, before I made short work of you.

I'd like to ban you for being a *****..but no such luck.

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tell ya what disturbed, why dont you just show me around the track a little bit. I'd much rather that. Course, you most certainly would only be seing my back up camera (if I had one) for a short bit, before I made short work of you.

I'd like to ban you for being a *****..but no such luck.

Now your talking. Now just get the T/C, Backup camera, StabTrack and on-star and your set :2tu: The easy way would be for you to trade in your Viper and get something more your style....pssst...CHEVY

Bring your new bucket down to the Event Dec 9th...I'd love to run you. :drive:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way is to ignore, not write about not writing about it.

Sometimes its just the simplest solutions that solve the most complex problems. Too bad we can't ban people for not doing the obvious. :omg:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now your talking. Now just get the T/C, Backup camera, StabTrack and on-star and your set :2tu: The easy way would be for you to trade in your Viper and get something more your style....pssst...CHEVY

And Chevy beat our cars last year and the year before.. so before dismissing them so easily, maybe you could get your bucket to beat one of them 1st. As for me, you'll find me a bit more challenging.. even with my cup holder, foot rest and ABS... in my 06.

But please by all means.. sell your current viper unless its the grass roots 1992 rt/10 otherwise, im sorry, but your power mirrored, power GLASS windows, NON Side exhaust, reverse lock out having, non RED, built in wire antenna carrying, NACA duct having, hood louving, Door handles having, adjustable gas pedal, brakes and clutch frills having, CD player having, lowered emissions driving, hatch release having, 10 quart carrying oil pan (if you got 2000 up) having car is not grass roots essentials that you surely didn’t need, and do not constitute the true nature of the original car...

Please its called progress.. try looking it up.. or maybe you should change your name from disturbed to Neanderthal, since your way to approach progress is to stick your head in the dirt and imagine its not happening.

Love to catch ya on the track some time soon !!

PS. Your famed Bob Lutz .. went to chevy.. so whats that say about his take on those nanny gadgets... the very guy who founded your beloved beast..

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

And Chevy beat our cars last year and the year before.. so before dismissing them so easily, maybe you could get your bucket to beat one of them 1st. As for me, you'll find me a bit more challenging.. even with my cup holder, foot rest and ABS... in my 06.

But please by all means.. sell your current viper unless its the grass roots 1992 rt/10 otherwise, im sorry, but your power mirrored, power GLASS windows, NON Side exhaust, reverse lock out having, non RED, built in wire antenna carrying, NACA duct having, hood louving, Door handles having, adjustable gas pedal, brakes and clutch frills having, CD player having, lowered emissions driving, hatch release having, 10 quart carrying oil pan (if you got 2000 up) having car is not grass roots essentials that you surely didn’t need, and do not constitute the true nature of the original car...

Please its called progress.. try looking it up.. or maybe you should change your name from disturbed to Neanderthal, since your way to approach progress is to stick your head in the dirt and imagine its not happening.

Love to catch ya on the track some time soon !!

C6Zo6 doesn't have a chance....that F430 was easy pickings even when he got the jump. :D I'm looking for a Enzo to pick on now, so if you know of one, send the girl my way. I will be more than happy to race you.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard all this back in 2000 when ABS was coming out. Now everyone raves about how great the Gen III brakes. Times change. First it would ruin the Viper. Now, not many seem to mind.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard all this back in 2000 when ABS was coming out. Now everyone raves about how great the Gen III brakes. Times change. First it would ruin the Viper. Now, not many seem to mind.

Of course they don't mind because most people never have nor ever will activate the ABS.

The GenIII brake upgrade and stopping power has little or nothing to do with the ABS mechanism.

Nobody ever bragged about the stock 01-02 ABS brakes.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Disturbed is a *****, how come he is not the one who sold that beautiful gray ACR? You must have gone brain dead on that fateful day.

After 60k miles and driving around the 05 srt-10 for a few days.... I knew what I must do... move on to what I felt was the better Viper. You do what you want to, and I'll do what I want to. I certainly wouldnt have taken a 2000 car myself, with no abs, and no forged pistons, but you did, so it just shows we are different. Cherish diversity.. least thats what they keep telling us.. :D

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kind of reminds me of the Hawwian Ferry. I got mine and you can't have yours. Nothing beats automatics in dragracing. There is a lot to be desired in life so my thoughts are try to enjoy while your here.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly wouldnt have taken a 2000 car myself, with no abs, and no forged pistons, but you did, so it just shows we are different. Cherish diversity.. least thats what they keep telling us.. :D

I have an '06 as well, but still like the GTS just fine. The '06 has cast pistons, also. Doesn't a 2002 GTS have cast pistons?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep (kinda, its actually hyperutectic, which isnt actually the same thing as cast pistons, but everyone likes to call them that), but it has ABS brakes, which we both know are great to have. Comparing the two cars in braking is night and day. I am sure you can attest to that. (ABS vs non ABS)

yes, I saw you had both (per your sig), except we are apparently different in that when I first drove the 05 I bought my father, I found it to be a better car all around EXCEPT for looks, and kept my 02 for a short while afterwards, but I just couldnt escape the feeling that the car had passed its prime and it was time to move on... so I started looking at Ford GTs and Ferraris, and then the fateful happen, I heard there was going to be a Gray Coupe with Silver stripes as an option, and I thought.. ok if Anything was going to bring me back to vipers, it would be that exact combination, gen 3, gray with silver stripes, and had to be a coupe for track use.

I will always have a place for the gen 2's in my heart.. but its like keeping an x girlfriend around even after you figured out she didnt excite you anymore... So I found a new one, and never looked back :)

Jon

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong; I think the gen 3 is great. However, just seeing that pic in your sig would be like that hot ex gf haunting me in my dreams. That's a hell of a pic. I like the '06 you have, also. I have not seen many in that color. The gray is actually darker than the gray in the GTS, isn't it?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah... But the new Miss's are just all that much more fun, without as much of the Physcho in her :) ... lol.. Just depends on what you like, as I said. I personally like the 00 Steal Grey color the best of them all.. its what I originally fell in love with back in 2001 (first of the year, no 01's on the lot yet). First Grey Viper I saw was an 00, and I just had to have it... But the sales guy told me "oh the only thing that changes in 01 is the car comes with ABS." So I laughed inside, like oh, thats trivial? And my girlfriend at the time, told me the same thing "why wouldnt you just wait until 01 cars arrive to get ABS too." So I did, to only find out no grays. So when 02 came out with "second best" gray I jumped at it. And of Course had to have the ACR to make up for the fact I missed out on the 00's beautiful color. Funny, some people cant tell them apart, I can tell right away.

As for my grey, its nice.. and its certainly darker then both 00 and 02, and if this is the closet they are going to get to 00 and 02, then I'll take it (so I decided back a year ago). But I'll never forget my 1st love color. 2000 Steal Gray, Silver Stripes. Looked like a very rich Peuter at night time, under the dealership lights. Its what brought me to Vipers. But again, I was partial to ABS. I had owned Porsches with and without it, and became accomstomed to notion of always having it :)

Oh and as an FYI, I originally had my avatar switch between the two cars, and along the site upgrade, they dumped the new coupe photo in the switching. I never got around to fixing it. But I did it to honor both cars, as I said, its a matter of choice. I feel they are both great cars, but nothing wrong with deciding one is no longer of interest to you.

4596sm_DSCN02991.jpg

4596sm_DSCN0298.JPG

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know that the 2002 color was different than the 2000 steel gray. I do know the reaction I had when I went to go see the GTS at the used car dealer, on the way to buying it. At first sight, there was no way in hell I was leaving without that car. It's an amazing color. When my son and I drove it home, we were seriously astounded by how people were reacting to it on the road. My son said, "Dad, I think this Viper gets more attention than your new one". We then brought it to the Old Town car show that weekend and it stole the show. It was an eye magnet, even among other Vipers.

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe when I get old and crusty, I'll loose the ACR. I don't see myself getting a newer viper...unless they come out with something like the "SRT/Mopar" concept car.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know that the 2002 color was different than the 2000 steel gray. I do know the reaction I had when I went to go see the GTS at the used car dealer, on the way to buying it. At first sight, there was no way in hell I was leaving without that car. It's an amazing color. When my son and I drove it home, we were seriously astounded by how people were reacting to it on the road. My son said, "Dad, I think this Viper gets more attention than your new one". We then brought it to the Old Town car show that weekend and it stole the show. It was an eye magnet, even among other Vipers.

I concur.

Once I saw the steel gray GTS, I had to have it. I would even have little old lady's stop me to say what a beautiful car it was. :rolaugh:
The slate is beautiful but, a little too dark. IMO

Let's hope they bring out a great silver foran 09 ACR:2tu: