Is there any interest for throttle body nitrous plates?

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to give my old place of employment(Nitro Daves Nitrous Outlet) some factory gen 2 throttle bodies to make some nitrous plates for my GTS. Similar to the ones he has made for all the ls1 based platforms.

They are made with no spray bars, each plate will have several holes to mix the nitrous and fuel together.

Here are some pictures of some lt1/ls1 versions...

You must be registered for see images

Here is a video of the HEMI nitrous plate working...
YouTube - Nitrous Outlet Hemi Nitrous Plate

Would there be any interest in more of these being produced? Either way I am having a set made for me. If some other people would like them, I'm sure they can make more and stock them. If you want them anodized in different colors, I'm sure he can arrange that.

Thanks,
Justin

FYI: I don't mean this to be an ad for him. Just trying to help the viper community out on possible new products:2tu:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool,
I just ordered from them, very good service and fast shipping

I would be interested at the right price
I'm in the process of installing my system

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitro Dave's! I haven't heard from him in forever!!! Did you work there when he did my ACR? That was about the coolest nitrous system I've ever seen!

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool,
I just ordered from them, very good service and fast shipping

I would be interested at the right price
I'm in the process of installing my system

Not sure what pricing would be. I will talk to Dave tomorrow and see what might could be worked out..

Nitro Dave's! I haven't heard from him in forever!!! Did you work there when he did my ACR? That was about the coolest nitrous system I've ever seen!

Yeah I helped Kyle work on your car even. I was a small part time internet guy then. Your ACR was one of the reasons I fell in love with the viper.

I actually tried calling you a while back, didnt you use to sell vipers etc? The number dave had was old though and didnt work.

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dave is a great guy. helped and taught me tons of stuff on nitrous

He is a great friend and boss also. He is someone I am proud to know:2tu:

Still wish I worked there. I got a job offer though in the oil and gas biz that I just couldn't turn down.

pedro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I be interested in a set.:usa: I have ROE SUPERCHARGER with 3in throttle bodys on my car with nitrous and propane.

FlyBy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm interested. Post details when you can.
Thanks!

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now here is a question....

Should these be made for the larger aftermarket throttle bodies, or would stockers work?

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But once he made the CNC program for the stockers, making them bigger is extremely simple.....

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the intake manifold openings larger then the throttle body opening? If so, It would be smarter to match the intake manifold opening, then stockers or aftermarkets could be ran.

Next time I'm up at my fathers work, I can check this out, but if yall can give a quick answer then I can relay it to dave. Seems like there might be some good interest in this setup.

Anton28: I'm sure dave can get a dry system setup for you.

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gave dave a Gen 2 intake and throttle body setup yesterday to start producing cad drawings.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man let me know asap, i have my dry system with water ****. waiting for install and i dont want to drill into my soft tubes. These would be perfect.

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking my car to Dave this weekend. He has prototype plates ready to install. He is making other custom things for the viper off my GEN-2. He also is working on a Gen-3 right now. Out of the box plate setup will be able to spray atleast 400rwhp.

He is going all out on my viper, and installing several new innovative products. I can't wait!

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but could the nitrous plates be used for water/**** injection instead? Or could they be easily modified for it?

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got most everything in and starting the install. When more gets completed I'll start another thread with hopefully lots of install pictures.

Man I really need to do a GOOD cleaning on this car.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they can be reworked easy to work with a roe. When I can post more pics you will see the flexibility of the kit.
I know this is a GenII Thread but here goes anyway. I was talking to Dave a while back and he said he was working on the GenIII Plate system as well and said he was close. He had asked for a Doner Viper but I could not give mine up at the time. I told him that myself and others would be interested in his plate system if he was able to come up with one and he said that he was definitely going to come up with one. Do you know how far along he is with it? When I last talked to him last month he said he was putting the finishing touches on it. He does some of the best work out there that I have seen. I would be very interested in his plate system.

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is a GenII Thread but here goes anyway. I was talking to Dave a while back and he said he was working on the GenIII Plate system as well and said he was close. He had asked for a Doner Viper but I could not give mine up at the time. I told him that myself and others would be interested in his plate system if he was able to come up with one and he said that he was definitely going to come up with one. Do you know how far along he is with it? When I last talked to him last month he said he was putting the finishing touches on it. He does some of the best work out there that I have seen. I would be very interested in his plate system.

I make sure and ask him when I call him today. I think he just needs a viper to test fit it on etc. though. He is at that point.

I know he is ******* with my viper, and he has a Z06 he is working on after that. Maybe that's what is taking his time away from the gen 3?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I make sure and ask him when I call him today. I think he just needs a viper to test fit it on etc. though. He is at that point.

I know he is ******* with my viper, and he has a Z06 he is working on after that. Maybe that's what is taking his time away from the gen 3?
Ok thanks I want to clean mine up a bit. Keep me posted as soon as you hear something about the GenIII Plate. He knows who I am on the ls1tech forum as LS2Camaro.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte