is this normal? oil etc. coming thru the exhaust?

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello - when I let my car warm up before taking off I always notice perspiration coming out of the side pipes which I assume is normal. Upon closer inspection I noticed clear moisture along with black liquid which feels like oil after I touched it. Is that normal or should I rush my Viper into the shop or somewhere in between?

Thanks! Pic attached hopefully...

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 13

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes thats normal, until the pipes are hot you will see it. when the pipes get hot it will evaporate. the black soot is in the pipes just being rinsed out. And try not to rev the engine high when the engine is cold.give it a chance to warm up a little. dont worry...be happy:drive:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yes thats normal, until the pipes are hot you will see it. when the pipes get hot it will evaporate. the black soot is in the pipes just being rinsed out. And try not to rev the engine high when the engine is cold.give it a chance to warm up a little. dont worry...be happy:drive:

:rock:

What he said! My Z06 did the same thing. My Viper does it as well.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine does it too, I really noticed it when i installed my corsa with out all that extra pipe.

the ***** of it is my nice clean walls in my garage always get hammered by it if i don't pull out right away

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
normal, as others have stated... My 06' used to splatter it all over in the garage.

OP
OP
S

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks everyone... I tried the taste test and it sure went down smooth:headbang:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fire her up and pull out of the garage quickly. This cuts down on the wall splatter.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually you keep it in to be clean, but in this case, everyone is telling you to just pull out. :) Ha! Ha!

Didn't notice it much with my stock exhaust, but with my full Bellanger set-up on, it really spits and sputters. It is just condensation in the exhaust, mixing with the carbon that will deposit in your exhuast over time. Absolutley nothing to worry about. If you had Oil coming all the way out the side, you would notice it.

In the end, it is a sign you are not driving enough. Your gotta blow dat carbon out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte