Italian Gathering 2009 - Columbus 9/6

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just found out my uncle has a retirement party that day also. Same time as the show, Still planning of showing up but might not be there very long.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring him along!
I can't think of any uncle that wouldn't want a jaunt in a Viper to check out a bunch of uber-exotics on a Sunday afternoon. :)

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bring him along!
I can't think of any uncle that wouldn't want a jaunt in a Viper to check out a bunch of uber-exotics on a Sunday afternoon. :)

I'd normally get out of it, but since my dad was killed 3 years ago I've seen that side of the family once. Sad I know, So since we just had a baby and no one from that side has seen her yet, I should probably go.:(

So a hour there and a hour there & a hour back I should be able to show up just in time for it to be wrapping up & avoid all the awkward moments!;)

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally understandable, man. Sorry to hear about your dad.

The good news is that you're not rolling in a Yaris so you'll be able to do both. :D

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LA, sorry to hear about your dad. No harm done, do what you gotta do if you make it great, if not we'll catch ya next time.

In unrelated news.... there's one extra yellow Viper in Columbus this weekend :D

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I talk to Geo Evans quite often. I need to take my Countach to him to have it serviced soon.

Too bad the rest of my month is already spoken for. Maybe next year if there's no VOI.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated 9.5.09.....

CONFIRMED:
- Stretch ('94 R/T)
- Kevan (2005 Ram SRT-10)
- Jaron (2005 Viper SRT-10 convertible)
- Mark/Wolfc2e (1997 Viper GTS)
- tbsviper (I'll bet it's a white gen 3)
- Chrissss (red gen 3?, from the other thread)
- rcdice ('94 R/T)
- lagalaxy (2005 Viper SRT-10 convertible)

MAYBES:
- Sam (relatives dependent. lol)
- tbsviper #2 (logistics w/son)
- GTSPOWERED (weather dependent)

With regard to breakfast:
We're moving it to 9AM, and it is 100% optional and 200% casual.
I'm sure we will be there for a good long time and probably head over to the show around 11AM-ish.
No rush at all. (Canadian progressive rock trio excluded).

In talking with TBSviper this week, he suggested a possible post-show cruise before we all head home for dinner.
He's pretty good about finding nice off-the-beaten-path roads with plenty of room to move and lots of twisties.
We'll see if he's got something mapped out for us.

Jaron was wondering if anyone wanted to do a type of 'dyno day' post-show.
I think he was just looking for a good reason to fill up his N2O bottles. :)
Dyno runs are always fun, esp. if you've done some recent work.
It's probably a little short notice for something like that (Sunday too), but definitely a great idea for a future event.

This is probably too geeky for most, but I will have my GMRS radios.
Check the low power channels (usually ch. 10 or ch. 11) and ask for "Peggy Automatic". That's me. :D

In unrelated news.... there's one extra yellow Viper in Columbus this weekend :D
Heh heh....very cool!

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talk to Geo Evans quite often. I need to take my Countach to him to have it serviced soon.

Too bad the rest of my month is already spoken for. Maybe next year if there's no VOI.
Not to steal the thread, forgive me Jason, but we were in Irvine, Laguana Beach, LA area for a wedding in Huntington Beach three weeks ago, great weather, lots of exotic cars cruising along the Pacific Coast but few Vipers. I just saw two, one red gen 2 with a notable plate starting in J and ending in 1 and a gen 3 on the highway to LA. So, where are they hiding, I thought I'd see more? Reminds me of the other thread, I drove ...... and saw no vipers. In this case, I flew 5,000 miles and saw two vipers. :dunno: Update on Sunday in next post. ;)

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Kevan . We'll see you at Bob Evans around 9 and are flexible all day. Looking forward to a good time .. great weather.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm likely in for a cruise after the thing if we roll at about 3 pm. After that I have to hit a cookout at my parents place that starts about that time so I shouldn't be too too late to it.

I think I'll be there for breakfast too... as long as I can get her all cleaned up tomorrow morning quickly.

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry for the last minute reply but count me in! It's a bit of a drive so I may not make it in time for breakfast but I will try. :drive:

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the last minute reply but count me in! It's a bit of a drive so I may not make it in time for breakfast but I will try. :drive:
Will look for you tomorrow, the event is at Wendys HQ. Just saw some lambos, ferraris, another Viper not on the board at restaurant so cars are rolling in for the show tomorrow.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent, Konza800!
We'll see you tomorrow!

Will look for you tomorrow, the event is at Wendys HQ. Just saw some lambos, ferraris, another Viper not on the board at restaurant so cars are rolling in for the show tomorrow.
TBSviper lives in a nice area.
Not in the 'hood like me.
:D :D :D

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sweetness Konza, look forward to seeing you again.

I actually just got back from your neck of the woods.

Tom, I'll give you a call in the morning to see if you want to cruise over together. I think we're about on your way.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D :D :D[/QUOTE] LOL, funny thing is many of them left the restaurant heading your way!! By the way, remind me of the range of your radios. If Jaron fills those bottles, you may need more range if he leads the cruise!:lmao::lmao:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan said:
LOL, funny thing is many of them left the restaurant heading your way!! By the way, remind me of the range of your radios. If Jaron fills those bottles, you may need more range if he leads the cruise!:lmao::lmao:
Heh heh.
The GMRS radios say "26 miles" on the packaging, but I've gotten almost 40 (in the mountains of WV, no less).
If Jaron hits both bottles, I predict he will be out of range in about....oh...25 seconds. :D
Might have to go sat. phone. LOL

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT TODAY!
The Viper had a great presence at the show.

Big props to TBSviper and Stretch for putting it all together.

More detail and pics/video coming soon!

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT TODAY!
The Viper had a great presence at the show.

Big props to TBSviper and Stretch for putting it all together.

More detail and pics/video coming soon!
Darn, I thought I'd beat you to the punch with a similar note and letting everyone know we expected a pictorial from you but ... you're too fast. Enjoyed visiting with you and everyone who came out to take advantage of the great weather and a neat car show. Kudos belong to Stretch! Glad to see vipers from all parts of OH, KY and Va. :2tu: P.S. to RCDice and son, I'll get you next time. :headbang:

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn, I thought I'd beat you to the punch with a similar note and letting everyone know we expected a pictorial from you but ... you're too fast. Enjoyed visiting with you and everyone who came out to take advantage of the great weather and a neat car show. Kudos belong to Stretch! Glad to see vipers from all parts of OH, KY and Va. :2tu: P.S. to RCDice and son, I'll get you next time. :headbang:

Tom, I have no doubts. Conversation in the car went something like this:

"Dad, you're going over 100" "Yeah, I know, don't tell Mom". :nono: :)

Great weather, great cars, great people, great day!

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got home. We had a great time and the cruise was fun. Maybe next year they'll let us park on the other side of the hill, probably have to park in the Fiat aisle though. :dunno:

Thanks Stretch & tbsviper! :2tu:

Stretch, did you get wet on the way home??

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe next year they'll let us park on the other side of the hill, probably have to park in the Fiat aisle though. :dunno: Stretch, did you get wet on the way home??
Glad you had a safe and dry trip home. LOL about hill and Fiat .... what about the Ford GT? Also curious about Stretch, I called and left message for him at 9:45 .. could still be on the road.:eater:

Last edited:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also curious about Stretch, I called and left message for him at 9:45 .. could still be on the road.:eater:
Might not get great reception while trying to stay dry under an overpass.

I'll start a new thread later tonight for all the pics.

OP
OP
S

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We made it home safely and dry!!!!

Yes it's true, and I was very thankful for it. After checking the weather report at about 5 pm we had a decent window to make it home so we made a run for it. The weather back down was actually great and the trip un-eventful so I couldn't ask for anything more!

Thanks to everyone who came out. I think we had 9 Vipers total, although not all at once. The cruise was fun too. Bob your car sounds mean following behind it! The real thanks should go to Mike for the invite. Mike is my friend who is on the car show committee and extended the invite to the Viper club. Thanks Mike! It was a great show!

I've got some pics so I'll put them up later in Kevan's new thread.

And for my favorite quote of the day:

me: Let me get this straight, you brought your car down from Cleveland on a trailor.
Konza: Yeah, I'm saving the miles for the track.

That's probably something you don't hear very often from a Viper owner! :rolaugh:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a wonderful time at the show. As always, it was a pleasure meeting more Viper owners!

I too made it back home with no issues to report.

- Mark

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4