It's finally here!!!!

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After 5 long weeks of waiting my 98 GTS is finally here. It arrived this morning VIA Gary Almond, who did an excellent job of keeping me informed during the whole shipping process. Some of you may recognize the car it's Eric's (00SVTdubs) old car. I couldn't be more pleased with it's condition. It's everything I expected and more. Here are a few pics of it getting unloaded....
You must be registered for see images

Leeland

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
**** car! Now just contact an admin and get upgraded to owner status and join the VCA!

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I will do that this week for sure (both the VCA and contacting an admin). I put about 30 or so miles just driving around near my house. Didn't want to go to far since I still need to get it registered and all that mess. It's been insured since I bought it just haven't made it down to DMV yet.

Leeland

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sweet car! Like the wheels. Welcome.

Ain't it a great feeling when it's home safe and sound ???

Yes...great feeling. Now to just wait for the roads to warm up a bit so I can actually drive it like it was meant to be driven. We had unusually cold temps here the last few days and today was below freezing most of the day so my few miles were at a nice and easy pace. Cold roads + lots of torque = nothing good.

Leeland

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi there, my buddy Justin H. from VA says hello.

Congrats on the purchase. Eric took great care of the car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhh..You must be Justins friend with the Viper. Tell him I said hello. I finally made the switch from Vettes to the Viper. Just sold my Z06 to get this one.

Leeland

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhh..You must be Justins friend with the Viper. Tell him I said hello. I finally made the switch from Vettes to the Viper. Just sold my Z06 to get this one.

Leeland

Yup, thats me, I've been a member since 04, when I purchased my first GTS. The Z06 aint no Viper, or should I say the Viper ain't no Z06.;) Prepare to actually get some looks from people when you drive down the street :lmao:Oh and listen to that crazy guy who dresses up in a Wizard outfit. He knows his stuff!! I have him on speed dial.

Have fun with the car, they are a blast......I'm sure you will. :2tu:

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Z06 aint no Viper, or should I say the Viper ain't no Z06.;) Have fun with the car, they are a blast......I'm sure you will. :2tu:

Yeah, I was actually kind of disappointed with the the Z06. Not performance wise, but it just rode a little to luxury car like for me. I missed the ride of my old 90 vette with the Z51 suspension. I like a car that rides rough like you are feeling every bump/pebble in the road and the Viper is it for sure. The GTS is very simple in the cockpit no frills really just the way I like it. Supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow so I will take it out for a proper thrashing for sure.;)

Leeland

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Leeland! It was great meeting you and your wife (finally!). Enjoy your car and be safe!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Delivery day is quite the rush isn't it??? Too bad it's 9 degrees here and the roads are covered with a sheet of ice or I'd be out there driving. Welcome.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes...great feeling. Now to just wait for the roads to warm up a bit so I can actually drive it like it was meant to be driven. We had unusually cold temps here the last few days and today was below freezing most of the day so my few miles were at a nice and easy pace. Cold roads + lots of torque = nothing good.

Leeland

Beautiful Viper, congrats! I took delivery of mine in the winter and I just had to get it out on the road. With the cold temperatures, the tires wouldn't stick. As you said, Cold Roads + Lots of Torque = Nothing good. I ended up spinning myself around in the middle of an intersection when the light turned green. :D But damn it felt good! Enjoy!

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well not much driving got done today, but it's all registered and what not. Not to mention I went over it with the clay bar, polishing compound and put on a good first coat of wax. Much better now. Roads were icy here this morning so I figured I better not tempt fate.;)

Leeland

V

Venomiss

Very nice pictures of your new addition! Drive safely;)

Here's the information to join online:
VCA Renewal Message - Introducing PayPal!

You can now renew your VCA Membership in one of 3 ways:
1) Via our new PayPal option at Dodge Viper Magazine
2) by calling Viper Headquarters at 1-800-998-1110 or
3) by mailing us your check or money order. If you choose to use the new PayPal option, you will need your full 17 digit Viper VIN to complete the renewal process. Simply log onto Dodge Viper Magazine and the renewal information is located on the Home Page.

Make sure you PM one of the moderators with your information so they can upgrade you on this site. Lee00blacksilverGTS, CitySnake, or kcobean can help you.

If you join the VCA soon enough you could enter the VCA raffle for the new 2008 ACR.
Selling tickets until January 31st and the drawing is on February 14th.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I'm all registered/paid and whatnot for the VCA just waiting on my membership stuff to get procesed and get issued a member number.....:2tu:

Leeland

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats again man. I just couldnt resist this house... I HAD to sell the car. Hopefully I can buy the car back from you on my 24th birthday.... we will be in touch :)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'm all registered/paid and whatnot for the VCA just waiting on my membership stuff to get procesed and get issued a member number.....:2tu:

Leeland

Congrats Leeland. Just to hold you over, I updated your status to Viper Owner. when you get your member number, let me know, I'll get you fixed up ASAP.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leeland: Congratulations on your very very SWEEEEET ride!!!! Gorgeous~~~those wheels look great! Welcome, as Chuck said, to the 'dark' side....mwah-hah-hahhhhhhhh!!!! ENJOY~~~~juli