Its. Not. Fair.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome,

All good things come to those who wait. You're still young, with more experience, a real job and some patience,
laugh.gif

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting rid of the Grand Am is a great idea! You have to start that muscle car feeling right away of you'll end up driving a minivan by the time your 25. I'd suggest a '93 Z-28 as a good beginning car- 275 rear wheel drive horsepower in a decent handling chasis
supergrin.gif

From there just work on your driving skills and before you know you'll be on your way.

p.s.- I started with a '71 GTO

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should provide you with the motivation to remain focused and disciplined on your education and your future success in business. When I graduated from college in 1988, I was driving a '82 Ford ****** (4-sp) and I was $20k in debt. My education and my business efforts have paid off.

Study and hard work will pay off, just be careful not to lose sight of your dreams in the progress.

Lou

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Best bet ditch the grand am and invest some serious dough (say $500) in an old Iroc. The mod it out until the frame bends during take off. Then, after about 50k miles of this kind of perfromance, you'll be about 50% ready for the Viper.

Or do what I do, tape a pic of a Viper on your wallet and every time you pull that bad boy out look at the pic and say to yourself "what do I want more...food or the Viper."

Or you could just wait, after all you're still young and have plenty of time for a real job and some track time...
supergrin.gif

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's your chance to gain wisdom from those who've been where you are right now, and made all the wrong choices.

Learn from our mistakes.

For now, take your eyes off of material things for the next six years. Focus only on college, and starting your career.

Get off this board, and get to the books. Go into Law, Medicine, or some other field where there is big money and never a slump. Make something of yourself.

Then, when you're 26 and you make more money than 99% of all Americans you come back here and tell us about your McClaren.

wink.gif

nitro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could always get one of the new Neon SRT-4's for some fun until you have a chance at the viper.

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:
Would it make you feel better to hear about the kid in S.C. that got a new GTS for his 16th birthday?

Welcome from one young'n to another, though I've been around a while
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that ain't me, but I still don't know who that kid is nor have I seen him driving around
confused.gif
And why the heck didn't I get my picture put in Viper magazine when I got my dern subscription
pissed.gif
laugh.gif
Good luck with the grand am, it can be fun too, uh er I guess

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What are you good at doing, that might translate to a profession?

Are good at Math? (useful for engineering of all types)

Several people I have met on this board are engineers/business owners.

Art? (lots of starving artists out there)

What makes you feel really good while you are doing it? Wait, don't answer that.

Lets see, uhm, what interests you the most, carreer wise?

You need to educate yourself to achieve your goals. The sooner you start, the sooner you will get there.

First step is to determine what it is you want to do. Look at the top paying trades, and professions. (Search the net)

Determine which of those pursuits interest you. Find out what kind of education each one requires.

Enroll in classes towards that end. Thats a good start right there.

I read a book on electronics, that eventually led me to the elevator trade, and then to becoming a business owner. Wanting a Viper caused me to start my own business.

Wishing you the best, keep fighting!

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is another angle to consider. Drive responsibly!! Tickets and accidents = Unaffordable insurance. You may be able to afford the Viper one day but if you have a poor driving history you will not be able to afford the Viper and the insurance most likely. Think about that the next time some punk wants to race you to impress his girlfriend...or boyfriend. The police are just around the corner. Always.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it make you feel better to hear about the kid in S.C. that got a new GTS for his 16th birthday?

Welcome from one young'n to another, though I've been around a while
supergrin.gif

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:

Or do what I do, tape a pic of a Viper on your wallet and every time you pull that bad boy out look at the pic and say to yourself "what do I want more...food or the Viper."
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Seriously, whatever it takes to motivate you to excel in school, or your job - in order to reach your goals, is all good...