JERKS!

greatbeyond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always feel overwhelmed when I see how much HAPPINESS the viper brings to all the spectators who "witness" it. From waves, to thumbs up, to jaws dropping and ear to ear smiles, I love to see how people are left in awe by my awesome beast!

This is exactly the reason why I got angry and frustrated at what happened last Saturday. I was cruising down the highway , doing around 65 when I saw a Honda Civic approaching. He must have been going at last 90 mph. As he approaches I notice to my amazement that he isn't slowing down at all. When he gets about what seemed to be 10 inches from the Viper, he aggresively swerves into the next lane. Before I could even react, the windows roll down and I see about 5 teenagers showing me the finger and shouting rubbish at the top of their voices......WHAT THE HECK!!!! I have never really seen anything like this before. They had rap music blasting in the car and I am pretty sure they didn't hear me screaming my head off at them. I should have gotten their plate number, but I guess I was too pissed to concentrate.

I have had my Viper for about 5 months now and had a Ferrari prior to owning the Viper. I have never seen anything like this before. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh!

Happens all the time, you will attract all the cool people along with the jerks.

Most of the time when people do that kind of crap, they are jealous and are the type who would key your car for having it. The Viper is a "louder looking" car than the Ferrari is, so it grabs people sooner. I always notice Ferrari's but it's not until I'm right up on it or it just passing me by. Now a Viper, I will spot a mile away.

I have had something simliar happen to me one time and we both ended up stopping at a light before we got to the mall. I followed the punks in the parking lot and when they got out and I got out at the same time, they shut up. I acted a little aggressive which may have not been the smartest thing to do now adays with gangsta wanna be white boys, but I couldn't resist and they were pissed scared little punks in the end. Waste of time!

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
It happens no matter what high end car you are driving. Some ricers are just ______________!!!!!!!!!!
Next time just don't react to them. When you do they think they got the better of you and then talk sh___ to their budies about you.
Let them go and just smile, their kind will never have what you do.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerks? More like jealous A-holes!

Never had anything like that in 9 years of ownership. I did get flipped off by a sore looser, but not that. Was it dark out? At that speed do you think (at least approaching the vehicle) they even knew what kind of car it was?

Kudos to you for not going after them. I don't think I would have had that much restraint. :mad:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Funny you should say that!

When I first got my Viper, I didn't have my peaceful attitude projection techniques perfected, (heh heh, no such thing) and this **** tries to impress his buddy, I guess, and comes up fast behind me, in a p.o.s. car. When he gets right near my rear bumper, he swerves as close as he can without actually hitting me. Then he just keeps going. Wasn't even a race, he just "sucker punched" me with a drive-by swerve, and kept going. I'd have to be an imbecile to chase him, and do the same thing back! It did piss me off, but he gained no advantage, nor garnered any lasting satisfaction by being a ****.

What strikes me about this, is that he must have felt that his actions had some dramatic effect on me, his unwitting victim. Maybe he thought I would pass out from stress? Maybe he thought he was being so incredibly agressive that I would cower with fear, or think highly of him, or think better of his p.o.s. somehow? But all I thought about the incident was that someone must be incredibly insecure, and incredibly jealous, to be moved to do something that juvenile. Pinhead.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel for you. In my first 6 months of ownership, I went for dinner at a joint that I used to go to for lunch like 3 or 4 times a week. I come out with some friends after dinner and someone has spit on the car. rear decklid. I was walking around the car and b/c i was parked under a light, i noticed it. bunch of fockers. I couldn't believe it!

In GA, we have pretty loose gun laws. That is _one_ possible solution... :) Though I never brandish and never take it out unless I plan on using it.

JD

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While reading this post I was thinking that I just had a similar incident happen today. Then again it happens all the time doesn't it? Its just part of owning one isn't it? It goes without saying we all have had someone at sometime or another come up from behind or whatever and all they want is to entice you. They do whatever it takes to either piss you off or challenge you. For me it's especially sport Bikes. That’s OK I'm used to it. I call them A$$ knats(bug). They just swarm and swarm until you either swat them or better yet I just ignore them. They eventually go away. If someone invents some kind of bug spray that I can remotely activate from within my car. I'll buy it. :D

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think AB hit it on the head. I have always had 99.999% positive responses and always try to return them no matter what the other person is driving. Yet for some reason a guy in a black Dodge Neon drove past me when I had the GTS and flipped me the bird. Too stunned to react, I just let it go.

As George Bernard Shaw once said, "I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About a month ago there was a stretch of straight road about a good half mile long. I was going one direction and another vehicle had just come into sight heading towards me in the opposite direction. This vehicle heading towards me starts flashing his lights immediately.....as we get closer and closer, I can see his hand what appeared to be giving me the thumbs up. Well....I flash my lights back and start waving to him. He then starts flashing more rapidly and I see his arm waving frantically in his windshield.
I am thinking to myself that this guy is a total Viper fanatic or something and again I flash back and give a friendly wave.
Finally....when we are very close I can see he is giving me a total thumbs down.
By the time I realized it was thumbs down and not up....we had passed by each other.
I think this was just an attempt on his part to get a negative reaction or something from me but I think that I really pissed him off more by waving then I would have if I flipped him the bird or something and had given him the satisfaction to think he got to me.
The funny part is....after we passed and I looked in my rearview mirror, all I could see was a huge yellow Chevy
sign plastered across his rear windshield of his truck.
That pretty much explained to me his jealous reaction to the Viper.
This is just further proof of the uniqueness and relative rarity of the Viper. This guy spotted my car from so far away and new instantly it was a Viper(I had no idea what he was driving til very close) and went out of his way to try to aggravate me with his jealous negative antic.
The more I thought about this miner incident, the more it put a smile on my face....this car makes such a statement!!
That has been the only "negative" episode I have experienced so far.
%99 truly love the Viper and the last %1 love to hate it.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading some websites just today and you'd be amazed how some guys with like a 13sec Talon will just race anything they can find, tailgate etc.. and they think it's cool.

One guy's friend called him at home to say he was following a Viper, so the numbnut runs out, gets in his car, and catches up to his buddy.

Then he's tailgating the new Viper with the temporary tag still in the rear window of the Viper. He thinks it's cool when the guy won't race more than a couple of gears..

I had some young guys dogging me about 5yrs ago and I pulled over, they did too, and demanded his keys (I was going to throw them into the weeds)..his buddy suggested they get out of there, and they left.

I don't know what the best response is.. it might depend whether you're the only Viper in town or have a custom-easy to remember plate, or whether there's alot of Vipers around where you live, and you might be forgotten if you celled the police on someone or otherwise gave them grief.

Other than that incident I haven't had any problems.. I think they routinely do it to each other, and just don't know any better for the most part.

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok..i can tell ya what i do..and it's really funny!!...when they flip you off jus wave at them!!...and they will flip ya off even harder!!...and they will get madder!!!and it's hilarious to see them getting frustrated trying to flip ya off anf all ya do is wave and laugh!!..try it!!...you'll see what i mean!!...Len

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Very similar responses from most owners- Owning a car like this is not for the timid hearted.

Firecat- Thats hilarious!!! You got the best of him, 'cause you just kept giving the thumbs up, and his piercing arrows of resentment could not ********* your shield of unawareness!!! Hah hah hah!!! "Thumbs up, buddy, thanks for the compliment!!" heh heh, that probably pissed him off no end, he didn't even get his point across!!!

OP
OP
G

greatbeyond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! These are some great responses guys! I almost fell off the chair laughing while reading Firecat's post!

I think the next time something like this hapens I'm going to try the "wave and laugh" approach! I guess whenever you are at the top of your game someone wants a piece of you!

GB

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the next time something like this hapens I'm going to try the "wave and laugh" approach! I guess whenever you are at the top of your game someone wants a piece of you!
We have a bit of a different way of calming the rude here in the wild west. It's called the conceal carry permit. They never know who is carrying and might go off on them at any time for causing trouble. Heck, if the weapon is visible, you don't even need a permit! :D

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is when a nice catless exhaust system comes in handy. I had a similar incident happen at a stoplight. Four punks in an eclipse were talkin' all sorts of smack. "Hey man, It's still a dodge!" he blares. Along with faint odor of what I will swear was dope, I hear his friends all laugh and mutter a few 4 letter words. Well lucky for him we had cars in front of us. This D-head also doesn't hear the low rumble over his buddies cackles. So ahead I see my favorite bridge coming up, so I look at the idiots and grin as I keep even with them at about 20 miles an hour. The bridge I'm talking about is near my house and has a stop light right in front of it so more often than not during traffic I get stuck under the bridge and what better a place to let her sing. So I keep even with these A-holes and as we come to a stop under the bridge he comes to a stop with more cars ahead of him then me. So I creep forward so my rear end is even with his wide-open window. At this point I don't even think he saw me creep by. And once I stopped I hit the clutch and WAAAHHH, WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I continued this for about 1 min until the light turned green I looked back and saw them with there hands over their ears scrambling for the windows. As they passed with the windows about half open they all had thumbs up screaming AWESOME! Anyway jealious or not, sometimes kids are just looking for attention; we all do from time to time. Hell, we drive vipers for crying out loud!
:cool: :usa:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And they tell all their stupid little teenage friends,
"yeah, some old guy in a Viper. I tried to get him to run me but he knew I'd kick his a$$ and he wouldn't do it".

The key word here is "teenager".
A group including some of the most clueless, stupid, self destructive, morons on earth. Any state, any country, any day and time, all through history.
They all grow out of it to some extent.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just slow down. All the ricers wanna do is prove they are faster in thier coffee-can-fart-mobiles. I get people cruising up on me at high speeds then hide in my blind spot. I hate that. Vipers have better brakes...

I also carry 'Little Debbie' for the real a**holes. Beware

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For the most part,I find people are pretty cool about the car....the ones that are ignorant are doing so because of jealousy-primarily.
They really would like a Viper,but they don't have one so they have to play their childish games to grab attention.
Ignore them and they'll go away!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happens all the time. You just do not worry about it. I have had a few of those. It is just something that comes with the car. Many are jealous JERKS that I need serious help.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't understand the jealousy angle. If you don't have something that someone else does, then work hard for it and you will. When I see others prospering around me, I don't get pi$$ed or upset at them, I'm happy for them. When I was at the Chicago Autoshow 2004 Feb. I heard some 'neck make a reference to taking a bat to the new SRT-10. I seriously and do mean seriously almost stopped him to ask him why. LOL! I guess I'm broken since I don't have this jealously thing installed!

Jay K.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, it depends on how the person driving the 'object of jealousy' is acting. Obviously, when someone rolls up on you at 90+mph, they don't see anything, but when I see a guy in a Prowler with his mirrored shades and superficial GF in the car "looking down" on everyone he passes as inferior to his greatness, I think ****! 6 cyl with an Autostick....BLAH! It's just human nature I guess. If I see a guy in a $300+K Lambo and they are just minding their business, driving normal....I think LUCKY GUY! People in civics with wings are SOMETIMES nice and respectful, other times they aren't.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive by yelling is a strictly American phenomenon. I've never witnessed it here in Canada where I live, but many times in the states. People are so ready to lose it south of the border.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been there, I had someone spit on a couple of my Supras while parked at a movie theater. I had someone throw a milkshake at another one of my Supras while parked. At least stuff like this doesn't do permanent damage like keying the car or kicking it or something. I have also had kids come up to me while driving in POS cars and flip me off for no reason?!?!? Annoying.

Considering the fact that Vipers are much more outrageous looking than most Supras I bet it's even worse for you guys.

I feel for you. In my first 6 months of ownership, I went for dinner at a joint that I used to go to for lunch like 3 or 4 times a week. I come out with some friends after dinner and someone has spit on the car. rear decklid. I was walking around the car and b/c i was parked under a light, i noticed it. bunch of fockers. I couldn't believe it!

In GA, we have pretty loose gun laws. That is _one_ possible solution... :) Though I never brandish and never take it out unless I plan on using it.

JD

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually smile at them, show them my badge and they about sh&t their pants and near about lock up the brakes and turn left or right asap to get the heck away.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My best A hole story, was at my local autozone buying parts& this punk in front of me in line is talking to the parts guy telling him his car will cream that blue & white pos in the parking lot(my gts). Now I am dressed like a bikey grease monkey because I m workin on the race cars so this kid has no Idea as he goes on & on about the yuppie **** who thinks he has a hot car(me!). So the parts guy says why dont you race him, The kid goes on & on on how the guy is probable a pu$$ & wont know how to drive bla bla bla, The Parts guy then goes , " well the guy is standing right behind you, ask him?"

I star busting his chops about racing right now & of course he dosnt have the car so I offer him a ride. Ther is an onramp to the interstate near by, where I have done this stunt before. i stop at the top of the ramp & say I will go from 0 to 130 to 60 by the end of this onramp & tell him to watch the spedo. Befor he can say oh shiiiii I was hitting the rev limiter in 3rd & I mash the brakes. The punk starts cryung for his mother & INSISTS THAT I LET HIM OUT! of course i complied & it was quite a sight as I left him on the side of the interstate as I motored away. It was a classic.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With a Mug like yours Pete, I would say hell no in getting into that car with you! ha!

Funny story...Pete as big as you are and being Italian, you should have just clobbered him in the Autozone line..I'm sure that would have made the Autozone people's day of wanting to strangle customers that come in and don't know what they want at the parts counter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas