Joeseph Dell update on the quaife GP?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one PM'd me or emailed me so I didn't even know this post was here! Sorry for my slow response!

Two vendors left me high-and-dry even though they had both committed to supporting a group buy. Put another way, no good deed goes unpunished. I only have about 40 hours of wasted time on this... but I'm not bitter. ;)

My strongest recommendation right now is to call Devon @ Unitrax to get the TrueTrac instead of the Quaife. It is the same thing except it is made by a different vendor. It costs over 1k less than the Quaife and is equally reliable. Devon can be reached at 800-622-4327 or 714-630-4327 .

As for a Quaife, Devon has some of the best prices on Quaife as well. Just tell him you are a VCA member and that I sent you. He'll take care of you.

Good luck!

Joseph

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one PM'd me or emailed me so I didn't even know this post was here! Sorry for my slow response!

Two vendors left me high-and-dry even though they had both committed to supporting a group buy. Put another way, no good deed goes unpunished. I only have about 40 hours of wasted time on this... but I'm not bitter. ;)

My strongest recommendation right now is to call Devon @ Unitrax to get the TrueTrac instead of the Quaife. It is the same thing except it is made by a different vendor. It costs over 1k less than the Quaife and is equally reliable. Devon can be reached at 800-622-4327 or 714-630-4327 .

As for a Quaife, Devon has some of the best prices on Quaife as well. Just tell him you are a VCA member and that I sent you. He'll take care of you.

Good luck!

Joseph

Oh...actually I called Detriot about their tru trac last year and they couldn't figure out what I needed to put in the viper. I wasn't ready to get one yet so I left it at that. I'll call devon tomorrow and get the scoop.... I used the true trac in other cars and it worked great.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh...actually I called Detriot about their tru trac last year and they couldn't figure out what I needed to put in the viper. I wasn't ready to get one yet so I left it at that. I'll call devon tomorrow and get the scoop.... I used the true trac in other cars and it worked great.

Quit being a ****** nozzle and go get a Quaife with the gears all set up and ready to go from Parts Rack. Then you can keep up with me.......:lmao:

Otherwise sit at home and :dig::hitfan:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know... everytime I hear of you two monkey racing on our "track" I think back to the Camaro days... and a single song keeps popping up in my head....
"back in the saddle again..." but for some reason I replace saddle with SLAMMER!!
:D

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit being a ****** nozzle and go get a Quaife with the gears all set up and ready to go from Parts Rack. Then you can keep up with me.......:lmao:

Otherwise sit at home and :dig::hitfan:

Aren't you happy you installed his supercharger now Smoke?!?!?
:rolaugh:

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS MikeR :quack: Boplaw had a set of 3.55's laying around that he never got around to installing...so I took them off his hands. thanks Bobby.......So MikeR :quack: enjoy your reign as king... though it will be brief .:2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THANKS MikeR :quack: Boplaw had a set of 3.55's laying around that he never got around to installing...so I took them off his hands. thanks Bobby.......So MikeR :quack: enjoy your reign as king... though it will be brief .:2tu:

The 3:55's will be too much, but not enough of a difference over 3:33's.

Take 3:07 and 3:33 you got plus :26, now take 3:33 and 3:55, plus :22, divide that by the fact that the 3:55's wont hook up, multiply that by the fact that you have to shift to soon, divide that by the fact you drive like a Grandma and then you should still be a half car back.:2tu:

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 3:55's will be too much, but not enough of a difference over 3:33's.

Take 3:07 and 3:33 you got plus :26, now take 3:33 and 3:55, plus :22, divide that by the fact that the 3:55's wont hook up, multiply that by the fact that you have to shift to soon, divide that by the fact you drive like a Grandma and then you should still be a half car back.:2tu:

hmm...well all I can say to that is, take this VIDEO and shove it up your ....

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

like I said MikeR:quack:..enjoy the crown while you have it!!!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In the words of our friend BLWNGTS..... I retire Champ!!! hahaha

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I've never heard is anyone installing a "Detroit Locker" in a Viper. Anyone have some real info? I know they are not the best choice for a road course, but they are great for drag racing and are bullet proof. So what's up, anyone?

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3.55 isn't bad at all with the paxton...

Been there, done that...

I'll laugh when he beats you...hehehehe

Joe

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have any problem getting a new Quaife (w/333 gears). I exchanged a Quaife loaded housing for my OEM.. I will be getting it anyday. Hoping to get it installed before the car leaves for A.P. Engineering.

After driving another 06 with a Quaife, I went looking for another as soon as I got this car. Liked it so much I put one in my '01.

I got my Quaife from Michael Nouri at XVIPERS INC he did have several more, both gen 2 and 3. Several ratios also.

The price varies depending on several factors. I did some body panel trading for my Quaife. If interested you will need to contact him for pricing.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't have any problem getting a new Quaife (w/333 gears). I exchanged a Quaife loaded housing for my OEM.. I will be getting it anyday. Hoping to get it installed before the car leaves for A.P. Engineering.

After driving another 06 with a Quaife, I went looking for another as soon as I got this car. Liked it so much I put one in my '01.

I got my Quaife from Michael Nouri at XVIPERS INC he did have several more, both gen 2 and 3. Several ratios also.

The price varies depending on several factors. I did some body panel trading for my Quaife. If interested you will need to contact him for pricing.

Ahh... one of the vendors who offered to do the GB but then backed down... He isn't a site sponsor either and didn't want to shell out the $200 to become one for 6 months. (that's 200 total for 6 months). At least the other vendor paid the VCA sponsorship fee and then decided that they wouldn't/couldn't do the GB.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm...well all I can say to that is, take this VIDEO and shove it up your ....

like I said MikeR:quack:..enjoy the crown while you have it!!!

Hahaha... that video makes me laugh... and here is one of MikeR kickin Smoke he is down... Mike... is that you laughing at his car!?!?!:dunno:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh... one of the vendors who offered to do the GB but then backed down... He isn't a site sponsor either and didn't want to shell out the $200 to become one for 6 months. (that's 200 total for 6 months). At least the other vendor paid the VCA sponsorship fee and then decided that they wouldn't/couldn't do the GB.

Agreed, the dude is a *********. I won't deal with XVIPERs again. :mad:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the 3.33 gear and base Paxton kit to be a great combo. Doug Levin told me this was the route to go and it was a great recommendation. I tried another car with the 3.55 and the first 2 gears were useless.

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats funny 99rt10, if i was not mistaken michael s., i have never sold you anything. you were the one who sold me crap wheels, you sent me two wheels that you claimed could be polished and had tiny scratch. complete junk wheels, i brought them in for a local vca member, we spun them on a hunter machine and they were bent so bad.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike was nice on the phone, but I think he got the shaft from a vendor that prevented him from delivering. Which is unfortunate b/c we all then suffer.

details.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, because when I had them spun they were straight and I told you that they were refurbed wheels to begin with. What ever............

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha... that video makes me laugh... and here is one of MikeR kickin Smoke he is down... Mike... is that you laughing at his car!?!?!:dunno:

haha...yeah yeah yeaaah.... ..!..

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry, wasn't trying to stir up anything. I just wanted to pass on to every one a contact for getting a new Quaife. Seems they are hard to come by.

Mike at XVIPERS helped me get my current 06 coupe. He is buying the body panels off the car after Jeff removes them. He "threw in" and installed a Corsa track exhaust and a shifter. He is also arranging the transportation to and from A.P. Engineering next week and arranging the transportation of both my cars to VOI. He is trying to get my Quaife "rushed" so I can get it installed before it leaves. Oh, and he stopped his "convertible to coupe" conversion (that is really cool, yellow convertible to SSG coupe) to install my Eibachs and JONB's spring caps.

The only problem I am having with him is that he is dangling a Ford GT under my nose...If you want to call that a problem.
Sorry to hear some guys had a problem.

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So whats wrong with the new diff in the 08s? I know the Dana Hydra-Lok rear end was a POS but I thought the new 08 diff was supposed to be a nice unit?

Flash