July 13th, 2013 – NARRA – Virginia International Raceway – Alton, VA

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
July 13th – NARRA (formerly Viper Days) – Virginia International Raceway – Alton, VA (http://narraonline.com/)

NARRA is within our reach again this month! We’ll take a trip up to VIR for some additional fun at the track! This is a wonderful opportunity for us to drive our Vipers on the historic 3.27 mile VIR track. We will post up more info in the next day or so about how you can attend this event with the club!

You must be registered for see images attach

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya, sounds cool. I will be attending this event. I have been a couple of times and neat seeing all the cars. Probably can do a parade lap with no helmet, but need instructor and certified helmet to hit fun speeds.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are still waiting to hear back about finalized plans, but if you do want to get out on VIR for HPDE or otherwise, then you can register through the NARRA site. We are planning on parade laps for everyone who would like to take a leisurely drive on the track. Brian is working hard to make this a fun event for all that attend.

The Dragon, NARRA, Mopars at the Beach, Biltmore.... Hell of a year to be a VCA member in the Carolinas! :drive:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE NARRA EVENT AT VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY!!!

The event will take place on Saturday, July 13, 2013. Your $25 per car registration fee includes:

- Admission to the track.
- Goody bag.
- Private VIP parking in the Viper “Snake Pit” Car Corral.
- Lunch at the VIR snack bar.
- Viper parade laps on the historic VIR track.
- Observe the time trials, qualifiers, and watch the races!!!
- Participate in the “Viper” car show.
- We also have various prizes to give away.
- A couple other surprises we are working on. :)

NARRA also offers optional driver education courses for a fee. Please contact me if you may be interested.

By the way, this is also a pet friendly racetrack if you would like to bring your “best friend”. :)

Last edited:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What kind of time frame do you need on registration? I would
like to attend, but it'll most likely be a last minute thing.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of time frame do you need on registration? I would
like to attend, but it'll most likely be a last minute thing.

We can probably squeeze in a couple last minute registrations, but the sooner we know, we can better plan for the event. The folks at NARRA would appreciate as much advanced notice as possible since they are going through some preparations for us as well. We'd like to have a pretty good idea of those attending by the first week of July.

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke to NARRA today to register for the high performance drivers education, 2 days (Sat and Sun) and they shared that they were currently evaluating if they will be conducting the Novice Class at this event or not. Should know within the next day or two. If they do, I intend to sign up and participate with HPDE in which I will meet the group there on Saturday. If not, I may not attend though I have heard it is a fantastic track, I may need to bank this date for another event as I will be away the weekend of the 4th and the weekend following NARRA the 18th through the 21st. I will watch the posts for "last call" and let you know.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple things to add to our day at VIR beyond what is listed above:

- We will have access to the pits and be in the center of all the action!
- Kuno Wittmer will be meeting with us in the car corral and signing autographs!

So far, we have:

Jeremy
Rich
Paul & Joanie
Stephanie
Norman
Chris & guest
Bill & Elaine
Brian & Janelle
Steve
Stuart
Dru + guest
Angel (maybe)
Chuck (maybe)
Bonkers (maybe)

If anyone is else is planning to bring a guest that is not listed above, no problem....just let me know so we have enough lunch for everyone. :)

Who else can join us? :)

Last edited:

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was hoping to do the two day DE that weekend at VIR, but Kim from NARRA just let me know that they have decided to cancel the DE due to low entry count. Disappointed, I will let you know this week if I will attend the event on the 13th, with what you are pulling together it may be difficult to pass up.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill and his wife Elaine are planning to attend. Updated the list above along with your guest Chris.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About time to start putting together caravans and arrival times... What time should everyone be there by?

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course. We are shooting for arrival by ~10am. We understand it is a bit of a drive for members outside of the triangle, so if everyone could get there by 11am, that would be great and give us time to get situated before lunch & parade laps. Weather is surprisingly promising at only 30% chance of rain - I am planning on attending rain or shine, but 30% with the current weather we've been seeing is great IMO.

What does everyone think of meeting at the Carolina Ale House @ 7981 Skyland Ridge Pkwy, Raleigh, NC around 8am?

For those outside of the Triangle, let us know if you'd like to meet up along the way or if there is a location you'd like members from your area to meet at before heading out.

Slammed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm still planning on making the run to VIR on Sat morning but the weather is starting look real iffy, I live in Cornelius and it looks like going up 85 north is the way to start so meeting in Concord Bruton Smith Blvd exit at the Harley dealer or one of the restaurant parking lots near there would probably be the thing to do.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't drive my car in the rain. I have drag radials on. So if it is going to rain, maybe I can ride up with someone like Jeremy of whomever.

Slammed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys looks like I'm going to have to bag it, they're saying 80% chances of rain which will be at the track around 11-12am then be a rain out. Fyi Grass Roots Magazine is doing their yearly Ultimate Track Car Challenge the next weekend, if the weather is good I'll probably make a run up then, not sure if any Vipers are running but Viper have won this event in the past.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are headed up rain or shine. fingers crossed it is just overcast or momentary rain like we have seen lately

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rain or shine I'm going. A lot of under cover cops on 15-501 from Durham to Roxboro. Keep the speeds legal of a little over. My buddy works at DOT said road was full of hot headed law-dogs. I will not be meeting at Ale House because it is so far south. I will head NW to track.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rain or shine I'm going. A lot of under cover cops on 15-501 from Durham to Roxboro. Keep the speeds legal of a little over. My buddy works at DOT said road was full of hot headed law-dogs. I will not be meeting at Ale House because it is so far south. I will head NW to track.

Jeremy if I can ride up with you I would like to do that. Too much of a chance of rain for drag radials. I will give you a call in the morning.