Just found out something I didn't know!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hinge on my door (driver side) had broken about 3-4 months ago & I just had it fixed, but it still wouldn't stay open Unless I opened it all the way. I called Kurtis (didn't know if I could mention vendor but they are a supporting vendor) & he told me that these cars have 1 lobe where as most cars have 2, meaning you have to open it all the way for it to stay open. I guess I don't really remember having to do that before, is it that way on eveybody else's cars.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hoped you didn't just find out something you knew all along. :)
Bob? I know on the Viper totem pole of knowledge I'm waaaaay down there but I would be willing to bet that alot of the guys on here did not know this simple little fact about the doors! If they did, well I'm even further down than I thought.:dunno:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob? I know on the Viper totem pole of knowledge I'm waaaaay down there but I would be willing to bet that alot of the guys on here did not know this simple little fact about the doors! If they did, well I'm even further down than I thought.:dunno:

I didn't know it either. I thought I was being a little funny with a play on words there. Maybe not as funny as I thought.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Both my Vipers' doors stay open no matter what position I leave them in. But I also refuse to grease the hinges, knowing I may loose that ability.

Stonep185

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I welded my doors shut and removed my windows so I can be like the Duke boys! Even took it off some sweet jumps...

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Doors are the same, you have to open them all the way, then they stay open. As for my Drivers door, the spring broke on that one so I drilled out the rivet and have not bothered to get a replacement part yet. I know the part being sold by Snakeoyl is available, but I don't like the price (even though its cheaper than a whole new Door hinge).

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score