Just Wrecked My Dream Car

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You All for your comments and concerns. A little sore and depressed today but thankfully again, no one was hurt. Hopefully everything will work out in the end. I keep going over what happened with the brakes. It's possible the tires just locked up? I remember pumping the brakes though and nothing happening. Didn't have time to use the emergency brake.
The accident happened on Street rd. near Philmont ave. in Southampton, Pa.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 673
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 553

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Gary....I know that area very well. Heading from Feasterville over that hill can be ugly the way traffic backs up.

All the best to you.

Last edited:

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the pictures are scary! Happy to see your okay. Also surprised the car lasted as well as it did. Damage all over.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that *****. Always hate to see a fellow Viper owner like this. Glad everyone was ok and cant wait to see your next ride. You gonna gen 4 this next round?

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you and all involved with you are OK. Do tell us about the brake failure though and what the police investigation report concludes. Yours a non-ABS GTS?

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gald nobody was seriously injured. Still, that is a sick feeling. Sorry amigo.:(

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
GARY !!! Glad You are OK... wise of you to have a stated-agreed value policy.

If I can help, you know how to find me................

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Grundy- no mileage restrictions.....I am in the middle of switching form Hagerty.

Ditto....great company.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but like everyone else has already said - the important thing is that you and the others are OK!

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear! Glad you are okay and no one was hurt...

I'm guessing you locked up the brakes and they stayed locked up? Keep us posted on how the insurance company handles the claim and if they find out anything regarding the brake failure.

Time for a 2001-2002 GTS w/ ABS?

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the brakes first "failed" I thought maybe abs was kicking in for a second. Then I realized I didn't have ABS! I don't think the wheels locked up because I felt no skidding. I also looked for skid marks in the road and didn't see any but that was near my car. My brother walked to the top of the hill and said he didn't see any either. But he did see white tire tracks where I crossed over the median.
I think when I first jammed on the brakes something went. Funny thing is I just came from the gym and worked out my legs! I also thought I might have seen brake fluid dripping under the car.
I talked with my auto body guy and he told me that with "stated value" that's what they have to give me for the car (or fix it). My stated value is 46k so I hope that is true.
Thanks everyone!!

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember insurance companies are just like car buyers, they're going to offer you something but hold out. Usually they will try to lowball the crap out of u

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I just read up on "stated amount" and it doesn't look good.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sanserif]Stated Amount or Stated Value [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sanserif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sanserif] This form of policy is frequently and easily misunderstood. It is often used on collector car policies. Most insurance agents typically represent it as being the same as "Agreed Amount." It is not! The "Stated Amount" form states the insurance company will pay the lesser of: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sanserif]1. The Stated Amount or [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sanserif]2. The cost to repair the covered auto not to exceed the "Stated Amount" or The "Actual Cash Value" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sanserif]The "Stated Amount" helps determine the premium cost. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sanserif] It does not guarantee you a settlement amount that reflects the value of the car when a loss occurs. The "Actual Cash Value" language allows the claims adjuster to settle your loss for an amount less than the "Stated Amount." Sadly, most insurance agents are unaware of this detail. Most agents, unaware of the actual policy language, will insist if your collector car is stolen or totaled, you will receive the stated value. Wrong! [/FONT]

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just fight em if they try to mess with you or ask them to replicate your car with that amount of $$

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually I just read up on "stated amount" and it doesn't look good.
Stated Amount or Stated Value

This form of policy is frequently and easily misunderstood. It is often used on collector car policies. Most insurance agents typically represent it as being the same as "Agreed Amount." It is not! The "Stated Amount" form states the insurance company will pay the lesser of:
1. The Stated Amount or
2. The cost to repair the covered auto not to exceed the "Stated Amount" or The "Actual Cash Value"
The "Stated Amount" helps determine the premium cost.
It does not guarantee you a settlement amount that reflects the value of the car when a loss occurs. The "Actual Cash Value" language allows the claims adjuster to settle your loss for an amount less than the "Stated Amount." Sadly, most insurance agents are unaware of this detail. Most agents, unaware of the actual policy language, will insist if your collector car is stolen or totaled, you will receive the stated value. Wrong!

You are right. I have seen State Farm beat this to death on a Twin Turbo car. They were saying that the value was the same as a stock car. The people who look up the value had no Idea. I had to get letters from many people to help him out. It took a year but the customer did not go after State Farm very hard just when he had spare time.

I have also seen them pay that amout without any issue but now you have to get to 70% of the stated value before a total. I think you will be fine as the Viper values seem high now.

stew4706

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary, Sorry about your baby but glad you are ok. Good luck with the insurance ********

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were you, I would limit any accident details on the internet.........................

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were you, I would limit any accident details on the internet.........................
Gotcha- Thanks

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you are ok. It's that time of the year when we hear a spike in accidents. Wet weather, cold tires, leaves; all thrown in together. I know these weren't the causes here but be careful out there. Practice your emergency braking on these non-ABS models.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Jon B before you enter negotiations with the insurance company. His advise is invaluable. When I wrecked my gen 2 ACR I also talked to Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse. I got a great settlement.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you bro. But my car was perfect for me. Perfect color combo, exhaust sound, supercharger, water ****, I forged wheels.
It will hard to find a replacement- on the other hand thank god I am able to even look.
The best way to get over something like that is to get another viper ASAP

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21