K&N

Marquis7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am considering the K&N Air Filter system for my '04 SRT. Can anyone give me some first hand feedback on the K&N; did you see any gain in HP (K&N claims 14HP), did you like the system in any way? Thanks

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too am thinking of a k&n cold air intake of green filters. Which is the better chioce...??

omore001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 14 HP gain comes from K&N'c Cold air intake for the SRT. Most see an 8-10 RWHP gain using the K&N cold air intake. The filters alone should be good for 5 hp if stock and 10 hp with supporting mods such as exhaust. The K&N filters and the green filters are pretty much the same. K&N is American and green is European.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Works great even better with X-metal tb I also plugged off the two tubes that go into the K&N filter body and put two smaller filters on them just to keep the max air flow into the motor. Tha info came from Racing Solutions inc. I first had there cold air intake which was chrome but, since I changed my TB I needed to change it out. It's for sale on ebay now Search viper03 racing solutions. for pics of it

Last edited:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the K&N FIPK cold air system, easy install, no issues. Haven't dyno'd it for difference, 10-15 is small, but I figured every lil bit helps, plus I feel like it's a bit more responsive to throttle now - but not sure if that's real or perceived. I have the XMetal TB to install, I too think the K&N with TB is going to make a nice combo - together maybe 20rwhp or more & even better throttle response. I just need to take an hour or so & install the TB.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte