Keep the ACR or buy a ACR X

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Those pics are of the previous owner...... When Jeff was running it. Im just getting my sponsor decals on the car tonight so tomorrow it will be a little more "mine" and ready to run. MB

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MBPERF,

Your new ACR-X Clutch Kit shipped today, put a few heat cycles on unit then go for it! Don't hesitate to slip your clutch a bit at the standing starts otherwise those Michelin Slicks will go up in Smoke..:D

Any questions please feel free to contact me anytime and enjoy your new Race Car.

Thanks,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MBPERF,

Your new ACR-X Clutch Kit shipped today, put a few heat cycles on unit then go for it! Don't hesitate to slip your clutch a bit at the standing starts otherwise those Michelin Slicks will go up in Smoke..:D

Any questions please feel free to contact me anytime and enjoy your new Race Car.

Thanks,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Thanks Toddy. Running your old clutch on Monday here at TMP then the new one will go in for VIR.

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So the X was killer at VIR. Having never been at this track ( any track other than Mosport for that matter) and in a new car my starting lap times were in the 2:14 range on the first couple sessions. There was a fair bit of slower traffic on the track so this didn't help at all for sure. I did manage to get into the 2:08 range on my second day and saw 160 on GPS on the back straight just after Oak Tree. I cant say enough about this track, it is so cool.

On my third day the track was starting to open up with less cars running I managed a best time of 2:04 and was seeing 164 MPH on the back straight. For those of you that know the track I just love turn 14, right after the back straight, the braking of this car ( still a newbie) at marker #3 ******* the binders to get ready for the corner is wild.

Would just like to once again thank Bernie for helping me put together the deal on this car, Jeff Courtney and his team kept the car in such great shape that it was easy to get it ready for its first trip out here at VIR

I did get a few pics but need to figure out how to load the pics on this new forum format........

MB

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see them, if you want to email them to me I will post them up for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ill get you pics tonight or tomorrow.... thanks much.

MB

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pic's of MB's ACR-X in action!

You must be registered for see images attach

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MB, how tall are you? It looks like you fit in that car well!

I'm 6' 2" and its a VERY tight fit in my caged viper. We have spent countless hours and dollars trying to get the seat as low as possible to help give me head clearance. THe problem is also compounded by the size of the new SA2010 helmets.

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A long ways from 6' 2" im afraid .... Im 5' 10" and do fit the car very well.

The previous owner must have been very close to my size as I hopped in the car and everything felt right at home for me so nothing was adjusted.

MB

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MB, how tall are you? It looks like you fit in that car well!

I'm 6' 2" and its a VERY tight fit in my caged viper. We have spent countless hours and dollars trying to get the seat as low as possible to help give me head clearance. THe problem is also compounded by the size of the new SA2010 helmets.

Is that because the top of your helmet needs to be at or below the top of the cage?

I'm 6'4". Tall guys are just not made for race cars. I've been trying to find a fire suit that will fit me but it just isn't going to happen. I'm going to have to get one custom made.

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The top of my helmet is below the cage. Fortunately its a lot easier to raise the bar that goes through the middle of the ceiling, vs the one on the left by your head. Because of this, drawing a line from the left to middle bars does clear my helmet.

The problem with the viper is the top left roof comes down pretty far inside, meaning, that top left bar can only go so high and out. All your adjustability needs to come from the seat.

There is the other problem, the center tunnel area is so HUGE that its hard to move the seat over any more to the right to get your head away from that bar, and, because its so tight down there, its hard to really fab up a good solid bracket system to get the seat basically on the floor.

Right now I'm using the Suzuka S seat and its less than 1/2" off the floor in the back, and it also has a considerable angle to it to help get me lower in the car as well.

But, when you add padding to that top let bar, and put on a snell SA2010 helmet, move your head left a little and you'll be tapping that bar. That's the problem.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers were designed for guys about 5'10 and 160 pounds I think.

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How did your track days go on the 3rd and 4th? Was this mostly vipers?

MB

Rain Saturday morning but the track was dry by 11.00. Sunday was sunny and cool. I had a great time. A load of track time. There was a few vipers there 5 in total. 2 Comp Coupes, 2 ACR's and mine. , Stuart "red fang" was full of great info, and very helpfull, thanks. Jim stout and his wife are also very nice people. Im still getting my car lined out after all the winter mods. Suspension worked great, tires, and brakes also. My aero was a lil late getting to me so i didnt get to run the wing but i did the splitter.
My car was pretty twitchy at high speeds, im not sure if it was because i was running a front splitter only, or jim stouts lead mechanic told me that 0 toe which i have could be the culprit. Could be a combination of both. Ill know in April:) My best was a 2.14, your 2.04 is a excellent time.

OP
OP
M

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rain Saturday morning but the track was dry by 11.00. Sunday was sunny and cool. I had a great time. A load of track time. There was a few vipers there 5 in total. 2 Comp Coupes, 2 ACR's and mine. , Stuart "red fang" was full of great info, and very helpfull, thanks. Jim stout and his wife are also very nice people. Im still getting my car lined out after all the winter mods. Suspension worked great, tires, and brakes also. My aero was a lil late getting to me so i didnt get to run the wing but i did the splitter.
My car was pretty twitchy at high speeds, im not sure if it was because i was running a front splitter only, or jim stouts lead mechanic told me that 0 toe which i have could be the culprit. Could be a combination of both. Ill know in April:) My best was a 2.14, your 2.04 is a excellent time.

Right on ..... I bet once you get the wing on your car will not have the high speed twitch. Im new to VIR but I would say the 2:14 is a great time. Isnt the track a blast? Do you know what sort of times the other Vipers were able to run?

MB

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure what times were run this same day but I know when the first Viper Cup was run there the ACRX's were running between 1.53.x (fastest was Ryan or Ben can't remember). It was my first time out there and I ran a 2.04.xx and Tommy Archer (in my car showing me the track) ran a 2.02.xx. My car was stock except exhaust, pcm, and brake pads on R6 Hoosiers. I thought I was fast until I saw all the X cars running sub 2s :(

Imcgrew, I think you will realize a lot more confidence in your car with the wing as well. It will also change the toe when at speed as the added aero will affect the compression at speed and obviously the toe.

Great running!

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My confidence actually went down, for a lil bit. I decided to go out in the rain on the cups for a few laps and spun off track backwards in turn 10. No lift no throttle the ass end just slowly came around. Got the car parrell to the wall and, Missed the tire wall by about 5 ft. No damage just some vir mud under the car.

Another issue i was having on the back straight was i believe loss of brake booster. In the braking zone a few times the pedal was extremely had to push in, then gave way back to normal pedal feel. No fade or anything just basically no power brakes for a slight second. Then power brakes, not sure if that was because of the high rpms, collapsed hose or maybe i have a slight vacuum leak. Ive read that someone had the same thing happen on here but never seen anymore. I did it a handfull of times, and leads to wondering if you gonna have brakes in the next turn. Confidence Sucker also!

If im not mistaken i think the regular acrs was running around 2.04-2.05xx give or take. I believe the comp coupes are in the 1.54-1.55 area. I was used to my car on pilot ps2 tires, Squealing all the time. Now with the cups i didnt hear them talking. So either they dont talk much i may have heard a lil or im not pushing it hard enough.

Another note, my friend that i always go to tracks with, got down to 2.08 in a stock 07 z06, with kuhmo v700 tires. The day before he couldnt break the 2.17 mark with his stock tires. Just to let you know a difference in tires. The bad thing is the kuhmos only have another day on them and they will be done.

Last edited:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another issue i was having on the back straight was i believe loss of brake booster. In the braking zone a few times the pedal was extremely had to push in, then gave way back to normal pedal feel. No fade or anything just basically no power brakes for a slight second. Then power brakes, not sure if that was because of the high rpms, collapsed hose or maybe i have a slight vacuum leak. Ive read that someone had the same thing happen on here but never seen anymore. I did it a handfull of times, and leads to wondering if you gonna have brakes in the next turn. Confidence Sucker also!

That exact thing happened to me the last track event I ran last year! First time it's ever happened. Would love to know exactly what's going on.

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did a vacuum check on the brake booster, and the check valve, both are fine i went ahead and ordered a new vacuum line, and check valve, they was under 30 dollars shipped. Tom sessions also says if the anti locks brakes dont finish there cycle or you let off once you kick them in it takes a second for the antilock to figure out what is going on resulting in a stiff pedal, Seems very likely. One reason i ordered a vacuum hose also is that it lays across the valve cover and gets quite hot, Could be getting hot and collapsing or kinking?

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highly unlikely that the vacuum line could be kinking. Even with the heat, it is a higher temp hose and pretty thick. Chances are not very good but definitely worth changing for $30.

I hope you figure it out. Did Tom have any other ideas? Maybe it is simply going into full ABS and then taking a moment like he said?

I did a vacuum check on the brake booster, and the check valve, both are fine i went ahead and ordered a new vacuum line, and check valve, they was under 30 dollars shipped. Tom sessions also says if the anti locks brakes dont finish there cycle or you let off once you kick them in it takes a second for the antilock to figure out what is going on resulting in a stiff pedal, Seems very likely. One reason i ordered a vacuum hose also is that it lays across the valve cover and gets quite hot, Could be getting hot and collapsing or kinking?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My confidence actually went down, for a lil bit. I decided to go out in the rain on the cups for a few laps and spun off track backwards in turn 10. No lift no throttle the ass end just slowly came around. Got the car parrell to the wall and, Missed the tire wall by about 5 ft. No damage just some vir mud under the car.

If im not mistaken i think the regular acrs was running around 2.04-2.05xx give or take. I believe the comp coupes are in the 1.54-1.55 area. I was used to my car on pilot ps2 tires, Squealing all the time. Now with the cups i didnt hear them talking. So either they dont talk much i may have heard a lil or im not pushing it hard enough.

Another note, my friend that i always go to tracks with, got down to 2.08 in a stock 07 z06, with kuhmo v700 tires. The day before he couldnt break the 2.17 mark with his stock tires. Just to let you know a difference in tires. The bad thing is the kuhmos only have another day on them and they will be done.
cups **** in the rain,try normal street tire with a heavy wheel, ps2 and maybe a razor wheel, big big differance-unless your a pro,then buy some 2500 dollar rain tires,if not,2500 dollar rain tires are a waste-learn on ps2 and heavy wheels

Last edited:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting. I've run many track days and it's only happened one time. It was the last track day I ran last year so I haven't had a chance to see if it repeats. The spot where it happened is the hardest braking zone on the track. I was going from 139mph to 58. Not the spot where you want a funky brake pedal. Anyways, it doesn't sound like the antilock issue you describe. The pedal was hard as soon as I hit it.

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine is exactly the same way dont feel like anti lock but its from a the hardest braking zone. Very hard pedel then if you kinda repress it goes to normal. Maybe a new thread on this as we are hi jacking mp's thread.

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipers were designed for guys about 5'10 and 160 pounds I think.

This conversation came to mind this past Saturday evening...

I was testing my new ACRX at Road Atlanta this weekend. Brad Daugherty, former Tar Heel and Cleveland Cavalier was there. He's a seven foot tall racing enthusiast. Loves Richard Petty, that's why he wore #43 when he played ball.

So I asked him if he could fit in an ACRX. He said, "No wa. My wife has a Viper and I can't get in it." My idea was to buy another ACRX and plug him into it as my "celebrity" driver. After he said that I thought of your comment.

(I am 5' 10" and 180, so I can fit fairly well.)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im 6.0 and 185 and fit way easy, the seat is all the way down on the foor. its a little bit of a challenge to get in and out until your figure it out, now im in and out of it like a monkey....lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang