Kennys Viper progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per Superdavz on the Alley.

Kenny,
I was wandering when you took those pictures?
What people more than likely don’t know is that it was dropped of at the dealership for you to pick up. When you didn’t make it the Viper Tech drove it to your hose at your request in the SNOW and RAIN! Then people saw you driving the car the net day in the rain and snow.

So don’t act like your car was dropped off in perfect weather! I was there when the car was dropped off and I know for a fact the when The Viper Tech drove it to your house it ran perfect with no bucking at all!

S

SUN RA KAT

Per Superdavz on the Alley.

Kenny,
I was wandering when you took those pictures?
What people more than likely don’t know is that it was dropped of at the dealership for you to pick up. When you didn’t make it the Viper Tech drove it to your hose at your request in the SNOW and RAIN! Then people saw you driving the car the net day in the rain and snow.

So don’t act like your car was dropped off in perfect weather! I was there when the car was dropped off and I know for a fact the when The Viper Tech drove it to your house it ran perfect with no bucking at all!

Per my answer to Superdavz on the Alley -

Dave, please look at the photo of my Viper on the open trailer - did Larry take that photo? I took my pictures right after my Viper Tech drove it to my house around 5:30 PM. Did you know that Larry called my lawyer and not me and told my lawyer that he is dropping off my Viper and he has 10 minutes to be there and pick it up immediately around 1:20 PM? Larry never told me nor my lawyer what day he was going to drop off my Viper or even where until he called my lawyer and gave him 10 minutes warning.

Did you know that my Viper wouldn't start and had to be pushed off the trailer according to the manager of Voss Parts? Did you know it was then put on a trickle charger for 3 hours? Did you know the snow and rain had been gone for several hours here before my car was delivered? Perhaps all the snow on it in the cell phone photo of it and being on an open trailer didn't protect it enough from the road dirt from being driven 975 miles. There are quite a few self serve car washes in the area.

I drove it the next day to the self serve car wash - after trying to get it started several times in my garage. It died on me twice in traffic on the way to the car wash, which is less than a mile away. It barely started again when I was done at the car wash. By then it was snowing and no heat at all came out of the vents no matter what setting I had it on. My windshield was freezing up and I couldn't see out of it and I drove it home from a nearby gas station after getting a fill up.

There's more, but I'd like to keep that private between Larry and me at this time and give him his third chance at getting my Viper right.

S

SUN RA KAT

Yep. Thats dirt.

Kinda hard to clean her off when its 10 Degrees outside...*****, but cmon, how does she run? Isnt that the resolution you want? Adding side-drama to this thread adds no value.

It was upper 20's that day and the next day when I took it to the self serve car wash.

You can see in my answer above that she runs as good as she looks before I washed her. Unfortunately, she didn't run any better when she was finished with her car wash.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read the pre-edited version of the above post.

one thing you gotta understand: no viper runs well (or consistently) at 20 degrees. worse, if you had to hook it up to a trickle charger, it wasn't running strong. idling doesn't charge the battery. you might need a new one.

i'm not making excuses... i'm just telling you like it is. what your car did on a cold day is 100% normal for a STOCK viper let a long a modded one.

just be happy you have it back. wait for it to warm up and then worry about it...

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny, it’s truly embarrassing how you have misconstrued the facts throughout this entire affair. And this is coming from your fellow Ohio viper owners.

And Dave's response:

"Kenny,
First off it was stated that all communications would go through your lawyer. If you’re so called lawyer didn’t tell you that then you need to look to see if he’s even a real lawman. (He email from a hotmail account a little fishy to me)

As for your Viper being pushed off the trailer that’s [*****] and more lies that you are spreading! The car was a little slow to start maybe because it was –5 with wind-chill. But the car did start and was driven off the trailer and back over into the corner so it could have a slow charge put on it. I was there along with Chris, Tony, Larry, Larry’s dad, Jamie and a gentleman that was painting. There was no service manager present when the car was backed off the trailer so I don’t know if your are just making this up or what but you need to get your facts straight.

I’m speaking to the Viper tech while I’m typing and his exact words are “the car ran flawlessly and the heat worked”.

I don’t know what to tell you Kenny but other that good luck trying to find anyone to work on your car after this. But maybe there is someone out there that knows nothing about this so you can take him for as much as you can!"

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im pretty sure SRK is gonna have to do the battery install himself as there isnt a tech in this world thats gonna touch THAT car.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno... The dyno sheet looks pretty impressive. If it were drivable weather, i think SRK'd be pretty darn happy.

I take that back... is it possible for him to be happy?

What's the word?

94yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of times its hard to get a tech to work on a car that someone else
has screwed up. It's nice when your car runs well but let the same thing happen to you. I'm sure you won't keep too soft spoken. Ken good luck getting your car running, Both parties have not made out good on this issue, I'd think twice about having work done at Marcedo's.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Thats dirt.

Kinda hard to clean her off when its 10 Degrees outside...*****, but cmon, how does she run? Isnt that the resolution you want? Adding side-drama to this thread adds no value.

That's to be expected... we can't all be Gary Almond. Give us the rundown, and let's have the admins close this thread for good. :rolleyes:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Thats dirt.

That is the $28,000 question... Does it run as you expected... Please post a resolution... Hopefully Mr. Macedo is trying to at least make sure you are satisfied with the completed product..

S

SUN RA KAT

The dirt on it is small potatoes compaired with it being hard to start and dying in traffic twice within a one mile trip to the carwash and no heat coming from the vents on any setting. A 14 minute self service car wash took 95% of all the dirt off of it.

I've been told to replaced my battery - it may work fine in Florida but not in Ohio's cold. I won't be able to get it replaced for a while - it's 1 degree here now and will be -5 tomorrow morning and up to 10 degrees with several inches of snow.

I've driven it 2 whole miles since it came back and when it was running it idled at the right RPM for the cam, the was no high idle hang up, and no surging and bucking at all in the high 20 degree weather it was driven in. I'm very happy with all that if it does the same in hot weather, too. Maybe a new battery will make it run a lot better. And hopefully fix the no heat problem as well.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The battery is dead. The 866 post thread on the alley has much more drama than this. but to oversimplify, your battery needs to be replaced ASAP. it isn't a MAYBE it will fix it... it WILL.

the "no heat" issue, if it is in fact real, is also quite minor. usually a vacuum line or something or the sort...

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally figured out what Macedo Magic is.

You charge someone $28,000 to get another 100 hp out of a Roe, you take 15 months to do it, you launch a campaign to trash your customer and somehow you successfully portray yourself as the victim.

That my friends is indeed Magic.

S

SUN RA KAT

I was told I should get an Optima Red Top battery. I checked at the Optima site and they said they don't make a battery for a 2002 Viper. I know some people do use them. What model number would fit my Viper and would I have to do any mods to make it fit?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip the red top. don't listen to whomever told you that. get an Interstate. Or whatever autozone has. the optima is asking for trouble.

To keep the drama going: shelby3=no man = Kenny's Viper = Paolos Turbo? worse than a Melrose Place Episode!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i use an interstate battery and love it. i wouldnt waste the time and effort on the optima

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The words i see: it snows in OH.

The car didn't have snow on it when it left FL, i'm sure.

Not defending anyone here... but let's be reasonable. what is expected for an open-transport??? I trailer my car all the time on an open trailer... it gets dirty just being outside. forget the snow!

JD

Da1cop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never let that dude touch my car! I dont care what anyone says...I saw the car run when he got it back. The thing ran like [*****] and had serious problems. If I payed 28k for that, someone would have a lump on their head! Anyone on this board would of been P#$@%# off!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip the red top. don't listen to whomever told you that. get an Interstate. Or whatever autozone has. the optima is asking for trouble.
JD:
why don't you like the red-top? It is durable and no spills. There was no mods needed to install.

Kenny:
at least (if you don't go red-top) get a no-maintenance battery.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen this guy does not even know how to connect a battery charger. He will never figure out how to replace the battery. He has asked some really dumb, and I mean REALLY DUMB questions over time.

Who drives in near zero temps to check out a tune created in Florida. Duh! I seriously doubt that a Florida tune would include sub freezing temperature adjustment. And on a Viper who cares. Wait for warmer weather, take it to Walmart and have them install the battery (we will wait for that thread) and then enjoy, or continue to complain, or whatever.

S

SUN RA KAT

Listen this guy does not even know how to connect a battery charger. He will never figure out how to replace the battery. He has asked some really dumb, and I mean REALLY DUMB questions over time.

Who drives in near zero temps to check out a tune created in Florida. Duh! I seriously doubt that a Florida tune would include sub freezing temperature adjustment. And on a Viper who cares. Wait for warmer weather, take it to Walmart and have them install the battery (we will wait for that thread) and then enjoy, or continue to complain, or whatever.

I'd rather ask dumb questions and find out the answer than not ask any questions because I think I know everything.

I drove my Viper in 28 degree temperature to the self service car wash to wash the road dirt off of it.

I previously posted it was driven to the car wash in high 20's degree temperature. You said "near zero temps" - this is a perfect example of how to appear dumb in public by not asking a dumb question or even reading what was posted in plain sight. Go troll at the Alley, not here.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had high 20's in Ohio this week? I swear I read a post of yours where you stated the high was around 10F and was below zero at the time. That is more in line with what the weather service has been stating this week.

And what is the "alley" reference. I have not posted there (though I did enjoy reading some of it).

BTW I bought my battery at Sears. They have them in Ohio also don't they? Unique Viper only battery. Right.

S

SUN RA KAT

You had high 20's in Ohio this week? I swear I read a post of yours where you stated the high was around 10F and was below zero at the time. That is more in line with what the weather service has been stating this week.

And what is the "alley" reference. I have not posted there (though I did enjoy reading some of it).

BTW I bought my battery at Sears. They have them in Ohio also don't they? Unique Viper only battery. Right.

Actually, it was in the high 20's last week - Thursday and Friday.

It's been much colder after that.

I was just going by various websites from Optima & Interstate. Optima said they don't make any battery for my Viper. Interstate makes batteries for my Viper.

I won't spend my money at Sears because a Sears salesperson ripped my tonneau cover on my Ram and Sears would not fix it. (The store went out of business shortly after I walked out knowing they knew I would never spend money with Sears ever again.)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD:
why don't you like the red-top? It is durable and no spills. There was no mods needed to install.

mostly fit on _some_ cars. I've tried to fit it and for some it didn't fit and some it did. i've had good luck w/ Interstate PLUS if it fails, you get FREE REPLACEMENT [not pro-rated] in the 1st 18 months (17 months, 29 days).

That's all. Red Top optima works well for some. but for SRK, I'd recommend something simple. it's safer that way.

S

SUN RA KAT

JD:

mostly fit on _some_ cars. I've tried to fit it and for some it didn't fit and some it did. i've had good luck w/ Interstate PLUS if it fails, you get FREE REPLACEMENT [not pro-rated] in the 1st 18 months (17 months, 29 days).

That's all. Red Top optima works well for some. but for SRK, I'd recommend something simple. it's safer that way.

I've used Interstate batteries in the past and have a very good opinion of them. I've heard good things about Red Top batteries, too. The AEM system requires more starting power than my old VEC2 set up. With 5" of snow outside I don't have to make up my mind right away. I thank everyone for their opinions. I will keep using the search feature to see what others have said about their favorite battery.

S

SUN RA KAT

I wonder who HASN'T ripped SRK off??
:eek:

Woodhouse Viper, Corsa cat back, Sean Roe, JonB at PartsRack, and quite a few friends and other companies, tuners, and people I've never met offering me a free place to stay at their home, their personal car to use, free tuning services at their shop, etc. There are many silent behind the scenes good people that stick up for their fellow Viper owners in a time of need.

Maybe you can think of more that I may have forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang