Kennys Viper progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
joseph, you sure ya wanna get involved ? he isnt gonna listen...lol

you are right. I just took the good info and pulled it. I've been down this path before and it hasn't helped (my helping, that is).

just pulled it.

thanks for the advice. i'll quit trying to help now...

Summary of what i'd said: These are minor issues.

JD

S

SUN RA KAT

no sh*t!

how about this: you haven't have the car for almost a year and NEVER in the current conditions with the current set-up. you have NO IDEA what "normal" for the car is now. Stryker heads? different SC pulley? different pistons maybe? all affect cooling.

heat coming on and going off? could be any number of things. from air in the cooling system (quite normal when an engine is rebuilt) to just about anything else. if the gauge is bouncing up and down, it could be air in the system. Keep in mind that the low-speed fan kicks on at 192 deg (or whatever you set it for in the AEM). if you send me your AEM program i could better diagnose...

JD

Thanks, Joseph - I was thinking air in the system all along. That's why I asked Larry for what kind of anti-freeze he used so I can add the same kind as I burp the system.

I don't have a laptop yet to get the AEM program Larry used, but I'll send the program he used to you when I get it.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[deleted by JD]

Thanks, Joseph - you and Plumcrazy are a credit to the Viper Nation by helping fellow Viper owners.

Hey Kenny - Let me be the first to tell you to F- off. I have spent countless hours of my own time trying to help you only to be stabbed in the back by you in public forums. And even here, I have tried to help you.

You are going to get what you deserve. And part of that is no more help from me.

Talk about a staple of the viper community... i hope your next car isn't whatever my next car is.

Good luck and stop whining!

JD

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Joseph - I was thinking air in the system all along. That's why I asked Larry for what kind of anti-freeze he used so I can add the same kind as I burp the system.

I don't have a laptop yet to get the AEM program Larry used, but I'll send the program he used to you when I get it.

One more thing: if you think the type of anti-freeze matters, then you need your head examined. add water. add green. add yellow. it doesn't matter! no more so than brand of oil... 10-30 is 10-30... it's all compatible.

idiot... I can't believe i continue to waste my time on you.

but no more. i'm done with you!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy Kenny you really have pissed JD off!!!! In my short time around here I have found him to be pretty patient and helpful. My advice is to dump the car ASAP and get something foolproof..............like a rock. :)

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny all these posts about what is wrong with your Viper can be very depressing.

How about a uplifting post about what the car does well.

ANYTHING!!!!!!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken:

the odds are that you have air in the cooling system. It would probably overheat if the weather was warmer.

JD:
I just installed the new Interstate battery that writes the adaptives into the battery memory and then when you start the car it downloads the adaptives back into the PCM. It worked great and fired up and ran great the first time.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ANYTHING!!!!!!

Ok Hemi, here you go. The wipers work great! :2tu:

0aDSC_0244_edited.jpg

wait.....I think the blades need to be replaced... :(

S

SUN RA KAT

Ken:

the odds are that you have air in the cooling system. It would probably overheat if the weather was warmer.

Thanks, Jack! That explains why it seems to run hotter than normal and has intermittent heat/no heat.

Any truth to the statement that it doesn't matter to mix brands of anti-freeze?
I had heard it was better to only use the same brand in the cooling system.

S

SUN RA KAT

Kenny all these posts about what is wrong with your Viper can be very depressing.

ANYTHING!!!!!!

Sure, how's this - My Viper is back in my garage.

That's Major Good News to me. :nana: :headbang: :nana:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an idea for your cooling. and it is just for you: drain the entire cooling system and then refill with the same brand of coolant. then you won't have to worry.

option 2 which i hear works really well for cold climates is to add a quart of oil to your coolant. it works really well. i wouldn't recommend it for most people, but for you i think it is just the ticket!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the turn this thread has taken!!! I am such a rebel, I even mixed three different brands of gas last week. Went to Shell, Texaco and 76 and got a buck's worth at each station. Then I am sorry to say I waxed my Viper with Adam's, Zaino, and Turtle Wax all mixed together and used an old bowling shirt to wipe it off with. I made sure to get a lot of wax in all the cracks and all over the emblems just to make sure everything was protected!!!

:D

G

grcforce327

I just installed the new Interstate battery that writes the adaptives into the battery memory and then when you start the car it downloads the adaptives back into the PCM. It worked great and fired up and ran great the first time.

What pins did you use to wire into the computer?My updated one said to use pins 3,7,13,21,and 27 for gen 1.Works great with no issues!

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ANYTHING!!!!!!

Sure, how's this - My Viper is back in my garage.

That's Major Good News to me. :nana: :headbang: :nana:

OK so far you have functioning wipers. How about the radio?

Just trying to build some momentum here. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mad0953, dont get carried away with yourself now...did you really get three different brands of gas last week ? or was it really just 2 ? be honest..i never heard of 3 in one week / car

S

SUN RA KAT

Haven't tried the radio yet, probably because the clock is set to the wrong time. ;)

When it runs it does feel like Larry has gotten the idle RPM right, there's no surging and bucking, and no high idle hang up. Those were the primary issues my car had when it was delivered to me July 1, 2006. Hopefully, my car will have the same drivability when the weather gets warm.

Other good things are I washed it at the car wash and the road dirt came off after only 14 minutes of washing. I got to drive it this past Monday through several cycles of warming the engine up and letting it cool down before starting it again and it seems to run a little better each time. The best news of all - I got up to 43 MPH before lack of traction on the salt covered streets caused me to slow down.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't tried the radio yet, probably because the clock is set to the wrong time. ;)

In that case, you probably need to send the car back to your tuner to get that fixed. Although you yourself did change the battery so the warranty is probably no longer valid.

I might suggest that you consult my spanish friend, manu'al. He can be rather helpful at times like this.

Alternatively, my favorite actress is Helen Hunt. I suggest you go to her.

:nana:

JD

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When it runs it does feel like Larry has gotten the idle RPM right, there's no surging and bucking, and no high idle hang up. Those were the primary issues my car had when it was delivered to me July 1, 2006. Hopefully, my car will have the same drivability when the weather gets warm.

Other good things are I washed it at the car wash and the road dirt came off after only 14 minutes of washing. I got to drive it this past Monday through several cycles of warming the engine up and letting it cool down before starting it again and it seems to run a little better each time. The best news of all - I got up to 43 MPH before lack of traction on the salt covered streets caused me to slow down.

Kenny this sounds like progress. :2tu:
When the weather warms up and the streets are clear give us another report. Until then detail the car and make ready for spring.

S

SUN RA KAT

I hope one coat of Zaino per day won't add enough weight to slow it down too much. It's -3 degrees outside now with about 8" of snow and ice. Global warming has fizzled out here the last two weeks.

S

SUN RA KAT

Kudos to Larry Macedo for willingly helping me with getting answers on my heat/no heat problem.

Larry has never deleted an answer nor has he called me names or used profanity.

:2tu:

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread has almost as many views as the vipair thread. 20353 here and 20854 for the vipair thread as of this posting. :D

Kenny, how's the radio working?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos to Larry Macedo for willingly helping me with getting answers on my heat/no heat problem.

And you are a customer of Larry's. You've paid him. You like to remind us all that. The rest of us have to listen to you whine and cry and complain.

As I've said before, far too many people have wasted far too much time on your situation.

S

SUN RA KAT

And you are a customer of Larry's. You've paid him. You like to remind us all that. The rest of us have to listen to you whine and cry and complain.

As I've said before, far too many people have wasted far too much time on your situation.

It seems you are the one that is whining and crying and complaining, but yet keep coming back from the Alley where being nasty is the norm.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol!

Mr i'll-put-my-whiny-problem-with-larry-on-3-different-forums-and-cry-until-people-tell-me-to-stop-and-then-i'll-still-whine has a thing or two to learn.

at least you got the 'install battery' part.

Don't you have some other forums to go be passive aggressive in? This one is getting old.

S

SUN RA KAT

You know you love to try and stir things up, Joseph, or you wouldn't be coming back so much.

But your name calling really belongs on the Alley, not the VCA. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960