Kennys Viper progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
16 pages of posts on 3 boards is trying to stir things up?

If you look at EVERY post i've ever done, you'll see that they are all to ask questions or to help others. Even to you whom i have wasted personal time on.

I got into helping people with vipers b/c I didn't like getting taken advantage of. I try to avoid leeches. I keep responding to your posts so that anyone that wants to help you (if there is anyone left in the world) knows what they are getting into. aka: that they will be taken advantage of, just like you did me.

What I know is that you don't take responsibility for your own problems and you sling your passive aggressive shots at people (specifically me in several cases) for what purpose i don't know.

I can only hope that your vehicle spontaneously combusts or that your internet connection goes down indefinitely. And that there are no hot-spots near you. And that you quit wasting the time of the good people of the VCA. Of which you have demonstrated through several posts that you are NOT.

What do you have to contribute other than passive aggressive noise and 'my wipers work today' garbage? Oh yes... and your anointed Sir Larry. As No Man pointed out a looooooong time ago, i was one of the only people helping you.

But that stops. And only for you. The rest of the VCA board I will still help. And as tempted as I will be to respond to your follow-up passive aggressive post, you won't get the pleasure, no matter how much you try to bait me.

End transmission.

S

SUN RA KAT

If you look at EVERY post i've ever done, you'll see that they are all to ask questions or to help others. Even to you whom i have wasted personal time on.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

joseph, you sure ya wanna get involved ? he isnt gonna listen...lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you are right. I just took the good info and pulled it. I've been down this path before and it hasn't helped (my helping, that is).

just pulled it.

thanks for the advice. i'll quit trying to help now...

Summary of what i'd said: These are minor issues.

JD

I can only hope that your vehicle spontaneously combusts or that your internet connection goes down indefinitely. And that there are no hot-spots near you. And that you quit wasting the time of the good people of the VCA. Of which you have demonstrated through several posts that you are NOT.

Joseph, why are you so angry? Why do you keep posting here and wasting people's time by posting off the topic posts so full of hate? This thread is Kenny's Viper Progress, not what you are posting.

What do you have to contribute other than passive aggressive noise and 'my wipers work today' garbage? Oh yes... and your anointed Sir Larry. As No Man pointed out a looooooong time ago, i was one of the only people helping you.

Joseph, I did not start the 'my wipers work today' humor.

You were just one of many people helping me a long time ago, and I still appreciate your and everyone else's help.

But that stops. And only for you. The rest of the VCA board I will still help. And as tempted as I will be to respond to your follow-up passive aggressive post, you won't get the pleasure, no matter how much you try to bait me.

End transmission.

Yes, please do not respond to this post. Thank you.

S

SUN RA KAT

I finally got to put a few miles on my Viper again to keep the new battery charged and to get all the fluids up to proper temperatures thanks to a few days of above freezing temperatures. It runs tremendously better than when Larry delivered my Viper to me July 1, 2006 - no surging, idle is correct for the cam, and no high idle hang up. Power comes on as gentle as I want it to or as violently fast as I want it to, though I haven't even come close to even half throttle yet (roads have too much salt on them still).

Larry's dyno numbers for the 93 octane gas I use:

2000 RPM = 250 rwHP & 650 rwTorque

2500 RPM = 320 rwHP & 720 rwTorque

3000 RPM = 450 rwHP & 780 rwTorque

3500 RPM = 540 rwHP & 820 rwTorque

4000 RPM = 620 rwHP & 820 rwTorque

4500 RPM = 680 rwHP & 800 rwTorque

5000 RPM = 720 rwHP & 760 rwTorque

5500 RPM = 725 rwHP & 700 rwTorque

I will be hopefully getting the heat/no heat problem fixed this coming week by getting air out of the cooling system.

I have also set the clock to the correct time.

Again, I would rather hear the engine running than the radio, so I didn't set any stations.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got to put a few miles on my Viper again to keep the new battery charged and to get all the fluids up to proper temperatures thanks to a few days of above freezing temperatures. It runs tremendously better than when Larry delivered my Viper to me July 1, 2006 - no surging, idle is correct for the cam, and no high idle hang up. Power comes on as gentle as I want it to or as violently fast as I want it to, though I haven't even come close to even half throttle yet (roads have too much salt on them still).

Larry's dyno numbers for the 93 octane gas I use:

2000 RPM = 250 rwHP & 650 rwTorque

2500 RPM = 320 rwHP & 720 rwTorque

3000 RPM = 450 rwHP & 780 rwTorque

3500 RPM = 540 rwHP & 820 rwTorque

4000 RPM = 620 rwHP & 820 rwTorque

4500 RPM = 680 rwHP & 800 rwTorque

5000 RPM = 720 rwHP & 760 rwTorque

5500 RPM = 725 rwHP & 700 rwTorque

I will be hopefully getting the heat/no heat problem fixed this coming week by getting air out of the cooling system.

Again, I would rather hear the engine running than the radio, so I didn't set any stations.

sooooo, you're happy kinda ?

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My goodness. In 4 weeks I will have to set all the clocks in the house and cars. Help - anyone know how to go about doing it (electrician, dealer, ...)?

S

SUN RA KAT

It appears to be running the way I wanted it to from the beginning - lopey cam idle, smooth acceleration to violently fast, depending on how much throttle it gets, and no surging or bucking. I'd say now if it runs like this in the summer heat that Larry has it tuned the way he said it would run when he originally described his high standards to me and I will be very happy .

I have been burping my car (rather do it myself now than wait until sometime next week) and it appears to have been almost a gallon of coolant low, though.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep burping it and keep checking the overflow bottle. Check it after each drive and then re-check it before you go out. If the bottle goes empty, it will just put more air back in the system.

Glad to hear the car is running good. Oh and please don't blame Macedo for the clock not being right. You did that when you changed the battery.

S

SUN RA KAT

Hey Kenny, This may have been asked before but what does Sun Ra Kat mean?

Sun Ra was a jazz musician who was taken aboard a spaceship in the 1930's and was shown the planets of the solar system close up and was told his home planet was Saturn. He led a big band for over 40 years. He was the first jazz musician to have his own record company - Saturn Records. He was the first jazz musician to record with an electric piano and the second jazz musician to record playing the synthesizer. He helped Robert Moog develop the Mini-Moog Synthesizer. UFO's have been spotted many times near Sun Ra from the early 1950's to his leaving the planet in the early 1990's. Sun Ra also has verifiable miracles associated with him, most notably the stopping of rain storms while his band was playing at outside concerts and the rain beginning again when the Sun Ra Arkestra was done playing. Do a search on Google for Sun Ra and you will find many sites devoted to him.

I did a radio show for over 26 years and played the music of Sun Ra on it. I once did a live telephone interview with Sun Ra on the air. I met Sun Ra and his aura and vibrations were much, much stronger than the Dalai Lama's aura and vibrations.

My last name begins with KAT and I have 3 cats, so I put the two names together.

SUN RA KAT

S

SUN RA KAT

Keep burping it and keep checking the overflow bottle. Check it after each drive and then re-check it before you go out. If the bottle goes empty, it will just put more air back in the system.

Glad to hear the car is running good. Oh and please don't blame Macedo for the clock not being right. You did that when you changed the battery.

I plan on doing just what you said on burping my car before I drive it each time. I drove it several times today and so far, no overflow spillage on the garage floor after coming back from a trip.

Is having to add a gallon total (half distilled water and half Mopar anti freeze - the kind Larry used) a lot to have to be added?

The clock was way off when I received my car February 1, 2007. The time was right when Larry got my car September 8, 2006, but it was Daylight Savings Time and now it is Standard Time. The clock time wasn't even close to either time when I got it back, but the battery had to be put on a trickle charger when my car was delivered.

Pressured

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These last few posts CAN'T be for real. "Clock wasn't set right"......please tell me that in NO way upset you.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy Kenny you really have pissed JD off!!!! In my time around here I have found him to be pretty patient and helpful. :)
I second this statement, JD has helped me quite a few times, he's a good guy in my book.
I still can't believe this freakin thread is alive lol. Is it ever going to end? :bonker:

S

SUN RA KAT

These last few posts CAN'T be for real. "Clock wasn't set right"......please tell me that in NO way upset you.

It didn't upset me, but someone asked about my clock. ;)

Daylight Savings Time comes March 11, 2007.

I know how to set my clock...do you know how to set yours? :D

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I do know how to set a clock. And I do not believe I have ever stated on the internet that it was off (what kind of nut case would complain about the clock setting anyway). Like that means something. You do know it runs on electricity and when the battery is removed or goes dead the clock (and even the radio settings) is reset. Duh!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of anti-freeze you added is not abnormal. Obviously you should check under the car and all your connections in the engine bay to make sure you have no leaks. Once the heat returns, it shouldn't be too much longer before the system is completely purged of air.

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm very glad you know how to set a clock. :D

I think I put smilies in my post about the clock. :D

I think the original poster and other posters who mentioned the clock were enjoying and sharing their sense of humor about the clock. :D

I am seriously much more concerned about my car being delivered to me with the coolant level being a gallon low. Things like that don't give me the feeling of $28,000 confidence in the workmanship... :(

...and neither does taking 5 months to get my car tuned right on a second chance and there was several demand letters done by my lawyer before my car was returned to me.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please.....1 gallon low and you're all upset? you really are pushing it now. throw the gallon of antifreeze in the car, reset the clock, drive it and please shut up about it.

that car has a ton of power and from what you have stated, runs great.

BE DONE WITH IT !!! get over it. i admit the time it took to get to this point seems long but its over now, move on.

S

SUN RA KAT

please.....1 gallon low and you're all upset? you really are pushing it now. throw the gallon of antifreeze in the car, reset the clock, drive it and please shut up about it.

that car has a ton of power and from what you have stated, runs great.

BE DONE WITH IT !!! get over it. i admit the time it took to get to this point seems long but its over now, move on.

please.....with so many little things not right and so much time to have made them right how am I to trust the big things were done right?

Maybe in your world doing things half-a$$ed - letting the battery go so so long that it dies, not filling the cooling system propery,etc., taking 5 months for something that should have been done in a week on a second chance after delivering a car than ran horrible after 8 months to have perfected it, broken promises of "at least the high 700's in power", spending $28,000 for only 150 horsepower, the list goes on and on, may be OK.

In my world doing things right the first time and making them right quickly if needed on a second chance is how business is done.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could the battery have been on the way out when you sent it to him ?

god forbid the system was 1 gallon low.

but you do have a point on the time and promise of rwhp. but im guessing it wasnt drivable enough to YOU to keep the power level there. but i could be wrong.

yes, it should have been done right the first time and maybe it was, after all this BS who knows..but its back in your garage. **** it up, fill the radiator,change the clock and put it behind ya and drive it.

but stop the whinning !!! you sound worse everytime you post.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$28,000 for only 150 horsepower, the list goes on and on
kenny bro, i have been pulling for you since day 1. seeing a fellow viper owner get worked over is not cool to say the least. I was the first one to recomend you send it back to larry so he could repair.

but, you never asked us if it was a good idea to spend 28k to enhance a roe setup. if you would have made a poll i can only assume that the outcome would be you driving a 1000+hp TT setup.

The deal is done, while it was sour, you got your car back, with the promised parts in it. you got a free? aem computer.

im sure if you have someone else dyno tune it you can pull a little more out.

bottom line, its over, you got what you paid for, sour & long delivery yes, at least you didnt get hennified. enjoy the car bro, have a real AEM tuner with a dyno tune it up, and send us only the good news!

S

SUN RA KAT

could the battery have been on the way out when you sent it to him ?

The battery was in perfect shape on September 8, 2006 but it sure wasn't on February 1, 2007. Many times I got reports that Larry was not even working on my car during the 5 months he had it back - how hard would it have been for him to put on a battery tender? How hard would it have been for him to look like a hero by getting my car tuned right within a week instead of dragging it out over 5 months?

but, you never asked us if it was a good idea to spend 28k to enhance a roe setup. if you would have made a poll i can only assume that the outcome would be you driving a 1000+hp TT setup.

I made the mistake of totally trusting my tuner when he told me about half a dozen times that my car would have "at least the high 700's in power and quite possibly the low to mid 800's" which is why I never did a poll. The original estimate was in the low $20K range - I added some things because of the promised power and my tuner had me spend extra money for unplanned good expenses (David Weaver Pulley, etc.), but some were totally not needed ($420 for a '96 PCM). I thought my tuner was an expert on a Roe setup. I also thought he already had experience with tuning the Roe with Stiker heads on another Viper before mine (Cudaman). My tuner also never added the $4,500 AEM system to any estimates until a month after the time in June 2006 that I made my final payment to him totalling very close to $28,000 and I already had my car back with an extremely bad tune for a month.

For those of you that keep complaining about this thread, maybe don't keep posting here and this thread would maybe just go away.

For those of you that want to learn what it is like to be without your Viper running right for 15 months and everything that goes with that, maybe you can make an informed judgement on whether taking the risk and spending the money to try and perfect your Viper is something you are willing to even try.

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Kenny, This may have been asked before but what does Sun Ra Kat mean?

Sun Ra was a jazz musician who was taken aboard a spaceship in the 1930's and was shown the planets of the solar system close up and was told his home planet was Saturn. He led a big band for over 40 years. He was the first jazz musician to have his own record company - Saturn Records. He was the first jazz musician to record with an electric piano and the second jazz musician to record playing the synthesizer. He helped Robert Moog develop the Mini-Moog Synthesizer. UFO's have been spotted many times near Sun Ra from the early 1950's to his leaving the planet in the early 1990's. Sun Ra also has verifiable miracles associated with him, most notably the stopping of rain storms while his band was playing at outside concerts and the rain beginning again when the Sun Ra Arkestra was done playing. Do a search on Google for Sun Ra and you will find many sites devoted to him.

I did a radio show for over 26 years and played the music of Sun Ra on it. I once did a live telephone interview with Sun Ra on the air. I met Sun Ra and his aura and vibrations were much, much stronger than the Dalai Lama's aura and vibrations.

My last name begins with KAT and I have 3 cats, so I put the two names together.

SUN RA KAT

MBK, they don't come much stanger than you.

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I figured this whole thing out. The car was actually abducted by aliens who mistook it for one of their spaceships. They are to blame for the thing running so bad bacause they really **** at tuning Vipers. They only brought it back because the damn thing is too hard to get in and out of. LOL

S

SUN RA KAT

I think I figured this whole thing out. The car was actually abducted by aliens who mistook it for one of their spaceships. They are to blame for the thing running so bad bacause they really **** at tuning Vipers. They only brought it back because the damn thing is too hard to get in and out of. LOL

It is just as easy/hard to get in my Viper as before, but...

It feels like they shrunk my Viper - my leg room feels much less than before.

I'm still 6' 5" tall, so it must be a space time warp occuring once I get into my Viper.

I think Larry got the tune right this time, so he is not an alien. :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abducted by aliens? Man you got it all wrong, this thing is what landed in Roswell in 1947 and was not approved for release to the public until about a quarter century later :D

S

SUN RA KAT

Added another quart of distilled water/anti-freeze today.

That's 5 quarts missing from the almost 12.8 quarts total...

...and it still burps air. :(

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is truly a never ending psychiatric wet dream. PLEASE, WAKE UP ALREADY!

Has there ever been such a PUBLIC cry for attention?

Kenny, you deserve to make demands for all that which you believe you are entitled. This is a simple contractual issue (implied and/or written).

Take it to civil court. Make a statement or 10 here if you want to cause damage to Larry's VCA reputation. I don't know either of your personally, but you should trust me when I suggest that you're gaining NOTHING by continuing to support this thread. What you are loosing is your personal credibility as a Viper owner among friends and acquaintances in our club.

At best, you've become "Britney Spearesque" entertainment for the forum....regardless of your intended use of "smilies". I'm not imaginative enough to conceive of how you might be viewed "at worst".

Continue to make your case and pursue what you believe is right exactly as you wish....just take it off of this public forum. PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang