Kennys Viper progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SUN RA KAT

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat...e=0&fpart=1

Larry, you are the only one who got those numbers that you claim. Two seperate independent DynoJet facilities got quite different numbers than your claims and they both said you tuned my car excessively rich.

You should be bragging about how you corrected everything not right with my car on your second chance and did not take 5 weeks, let alone 5 months, to do it rather than bragging about using the wrong spark plugs. Is there anything else wrong that you put in my engine that I should know about?

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dyno numbers you posted are in MPH, not engine RPM. The reason for this is that the dyno operator was not able to achieve a clear tachometer signal.

S

SUN RA KAT

The dyno numbers you posted are in MPH, not engine RPM. The reason for this is that the dyno operator was not able to achieve a clear tachometer signal.

That's right, Larry. My speedometer needle jumps 20 MPH every so often. Both independent Dyno operators said there is a lot of electrical interference in my set up. One even thought I needed to replace the spark plug wires that you put in last year already.

The dyno numbers I posted are the with the Viper you returned to me with only 2 changes 1). A new Interstate battery so it would start and run and 2). A little over five and one half quarts of a 50%-50% mix of distilled water and anti-freeze added to my 12.8 quart cooling system because it was delivered to me 5.5 quarts low.

The dyno numbers don't mean much when my car dies in traffic even with your terriffic tune getting unbelievable big numbers on only your dyno (and not even close to your numbers on the 2 independent DynoJets) and using the wrong spark plugs. I sent you the information you requested about that and you haven't responded to any of my eMails.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure your dyno operator is aware of the fact that if he/she so chooses to use the inductive pickup on a spark plug wire, both pickups should be used, not just one. This double pickup arrangement negates shielded wires. On the other hand, if they chose another source for a signal, the graph would be clean.

Yes, the battery was discharged due to the 0* temperatures and it's age.

We put multiple miles on your car and we never encountered a stalling issue, although it never reached freezing or below here while your car was in our posession.

Additionally, you knew the numbers were produced with the catalyst removed for racing. You asked for them to be installed and we did.

As for 1/3 of the cooling system missing, that is a huge mystery. We drove the car in 40-80* weather and never encountered a cooling issue. The gauge never read over 190* in the hottest winter I believe we ever had.

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm sure your dyno operator is aware of the fact that if he/she so chooses to use the inductive pickup on a spark plug wire, both pickups should be used, not just one. This double pickup arrangement negates shielded wires. On the other hand, if they chose another source for a signal, the graph would be clean.

Yes, the battery was discharged due to the 0* temperatures and it's age.

We put multiple miles on your car and we never encountered a stalling issue, although it never reached freezing or below here while your car was in our posession.

Additionally, you knew the numbers were produced with the catalyst removed for racing. You asked for them to be installed and we did.

As for 1/3 of the cooling system missing, that is a huge mystery. We drove the car in 40-80* weather and never encountered a cooling issue. The gauge never read over 190* in the hottest winter I believe we ever had.

Both independent dyno operators tried several methods to get a signal and both had trouble because of the electrical interference.

The minimum temperature in Ohio on the morning of February 1, 2007 was 21 degrees, not zero degrees. The maximum temperature was around the time you dropped the car off and it was 28 degrees, not zero degrees. The rest of your trip was in above 21 degree temperatures coming from Florida to Ohio January 31 - February 1, 2007.

Yes, 90 miles in 5 months is multiple miles. Did you ever pull the spark plugs to check the tips? Did you not notice that you put in the wrong spark plugs? Or do you normally put in the wrong spark plugs to get the big dyno numbers? Did you put a battery tender on my car when it wasn't being driven?

Why would you dyno my car without the Random Tech Metal Substrate catalytic converters being in if that is the way I would be driving my car? My car is running too rich with them on and the way you tuned it. Did you just tune my car for big numbers to brag about how much more power no cats and the wrong spark plugs gives and the heck with how I drive it with cats on the street and the track?

43% of the cooling system missing, not 1/3. 43% is closer to half (50%) than to 33% (1/3). How hot was it in the air pockets? Did any heads or block get warped from the heat and that is the cause of the missing quarts of coolant? Did my heads or block crack from the heat in the air pockets? Did a head gasket blow? You yourself said it was impossible that you underfilled my coolant 5.5 quarts, so are the above reasons why I did have to add 5.5 quarts?

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. So it's suffice to say freezing temperatures in Ohio Vs Florida. Glad we got that out in the open. There were icicles present and snow on the ground.

All of the "you said/I said" will be cleared up once ALL of our dialogue has been revealed.

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny, it seems to me that you are using the board to joust with Larry and damage his reputation rather than resolve anything.

I am drawn to the posts but really find the public approach to problem resolution and attention to minute provocative detail sickening.

To me, not that you care, what ever the facts were they have become irrelevant, this is a meaningless soap opera. If your car blew up Larry would be better off.

S

SUN RA KAT

OK. So it's suffice to say freezing temperatures in Ohio Vs Florida. Glad we got that out in the open. There were icicles present and snow on the ground.

All of the "you said/I said" will be cleared up once ALL of our dialogue has been revealed.

Now can you please answer the rest of the questions?

Yes, 90 miles in 5 months is multiple miles. Did you ever pull the spark plugs to check the tips? Did you not notice that you put in the wrong spark plugs? Or do you normally put in the wrong spark plugs to get the big dyno numbers? Did you put a battery tender on my car when it wasn't being driven?

Why would you dyno my car without the Random Tech Metal Substrate catalytic converters being in if that is the way I would be driving my car? My car is running too rich with them on and the way you tuned it. Did you just tune my car for big numbers to brag about how much more power no cats and the wrong spark plugs gives and the heck with how I drive it with cats on the street and the track?

43% of the cooling system missing, not 1/3. 43% is closer to half (50%) than to 33% (1/3). How hot was it in the air pockets? Did any heads or block get warped from the heat and that is the cause of the missing quarts of coolant? Did my heads or block crack from the heat in the air pockets? Did a head gasket blow? You yourself said it was impossible that you underfilled my coolant 5.5 quarts, so are the above reasons why I did have to add 5.5 quarts?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please lock this thread, and amy other that may be started on the same topic. I have never heard of anyone using the VCA web site as his sole method of resolving an issue with a vendor. And in this case the tone of Kenny's notes are very provocative. If I were Larry I would have a face to face, but given the pit bull attitude shown by Kenny, no amount of reason will ever prevail. This is much more than just ridiculous.

And Kenny, before you spout off that it is none of anyones business please note you have been using a public internet site for your continual schtick. You get what you asked for.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1704854#post1704854

Ask simple questions, end up banned by the owner of the site. What a shame. I'm guessing the truth was too much to handle since they deleted the truth.

No love lost there... They way I see it, if you allow someone to post unchecked, you deserve to reap the rewards.

For now...

Ron 1
Larry 0

Now it's my turn to serve. Oops, no pun intented.

S

SUN RA KAT

Ask simple questions, end up banned by the owner of the site. What a shame. I'm guessing the truth was too much to handle since they deleted the truth.

No love lost there... They way I see it, if you allow someone to post unchecked, you deserve to reap the rewards.

For now...

Ron 1
Larry 0

I had even requested they leave all your posts up the way you posted them. Shows you what influence I have there.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick read. Has this guy posted everywhere on earth?

BTW - Kenny when you state a SRT guy said your conn rods were not strong enough did you take into account that by mfg standards they are just strong enough for the stock power and inertial loading. Their standards are MUCH more conservative than the aftermarket (as they should be). But, given how you have exaggerated elsewhere, I would not be surprised to learn the SRT source is part of the cleaning crew.

Also, you state that Jeff Morys is a DaimlerChrysler engineer. WRONG. He is a mechanic in the engine flow room. A damn good one. But no to the engineer comment.

So for a few things that I can check on your statistics for accuracy are not good.

S

SUN RA KAT

I won't be posting anything more on this until my Viper has been thoroughly inspected and the results are known.

I'd like the situation to calm down.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't be posting anything more on this until my Viper has been thoroughly inspected and the results are known.

Now you want the "situation to calm down?"

What are people going to think when they read the TRUTH, Kenny? For instance, the TRUTH regarding Kenny's center console is that he Emailed me months ago to point him in the right direction as to how to keep it from cracking again once replaced. That is just a little blip on a HUGE radar screen, buddy.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For now...

Ron 1
Larry 0

I had even requested they leave all your posts up the way you posted them. Shows you what influence I have there.

Please produce those requests, Kenny.

Reaction score

Removed by moderator...

2. Personal assaults ... or comments derogatory to any ... individual will be subject to deletion.

3. Posts attacking other posters rather than disagreeing with the post will be subject to deletion.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone wanting to read the dialogue between Kenny and I can freely come by my office and read from the binder, starting from day 1. Kenny opened up the door by posting partial dialogue from our Emails that have a my confidentiality statement attached to the bottom.

G

grcforce327

Unfortunately, Kenny is not the only person involved in this fiasco and others will fall with him.

Larry,could you please explain why this car still has issues,or in your eyes do you believe the car is in perfect running condition with no issues?Always like to hear both sides,although your side is falling fast.Please explain, because I'm sure many of us don't have time to go all the way down to florida to "read" what you have accumulated.Please share it with us so we can draw a fair analysis of this situation.As it stand now,I can't speak for everyone,but I would be totally "PISSED" if this were my car!It's only fair to hear your side though!

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry don't mean to change the subject here boys....Larry the rims look great on the car. Thanks for the service man!!! Heard you met Frank on the phone the other day.....nice guy eh?? ;) OK sorry.....back to SRK's bullsh*t :buttkick:

D

DAMN YANKEE

Would a Vipair help? Then we could go on, and on, and on, and on.....

BAD68GTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said, but I too would be furious if it were my Viper. I mean I think this isn't just poor communication, this seems to be on the face some poor customer service combined with a poorly running car. Larry's opinion and statement of facts would do be great reading to add instead of what I have read so far. For people flaming Kenny on this, sure he is pissed (I suppose) and depressed over it but what would you guys do? Sue Larry, post on here and get an attorney, get ***** (seriously), I mean what CAN you do? We could do all of these but although one might disagree on how people express themselves (I KNOW I am not perfect!), it is important to know even by what Larry has posted he contradicts little regarding the use of improper spark plugs, not putting many miles on the car, the length of time the car has been at his facility and the like. If there is a discrepency on this Larry, I think it would be in your best interest to post otherwise. If I spent $28K and had the problems posted by Kenny and it was not resolved this loing afterwards I would be livid. I mean the battery issue is no big deal and some of this stuff is petty by itself (Kenny would even agree I suppose) by combined with the serious issues of tuning and time, this is outrageous as I see it. Gary :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235