Kentucky Speedway - WOW!!! - Long

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
( Have a few photos I want to post. I however seriously have no idea how. Just respond to post letting me know if you can for me. Thanks in advance. )

Ok, so a while back I read something about a track day at the Speedway. I wasn't too sure about how ti would go, being as I don't have a Viper. But Andy posted any car could come. He also just said come on down and have a blast. And quite frankly, "having a blast" is a incredible understatement.

For starters, it was a huge crowd. We had three Lamborghinis, like 8 Vipers, and about the same amount of Prowlers. So to see these cars parked next to each other is a amazing thing to see. I was expecting a few cars, nothing severe. But DA-MN was I so insanely pleasantly surprised. So yeah, it was most definitely worth it.

1) To get it out of the way, these people are amazing. I met AndyR, Donald Feldman, Chuck, Ed, and a whole lot of other people. They were so friendly. When I was a bit too reserved to approach anyone for a ride or photo, people were quick to help. When Jason gave me my first Viper ride I was impressed as to the generosity and "coolness" of Viper owners. Today, I was incredibly impressed by te kindness and Generosity of everyone there. AndyR, and everyone else, thank you so much. If not your cars, but your openness and friendliness made today worth it 100%.

2) First we ate lunch at AppleBees ( I think? ). The lot was full of Prowlers, Lambos, and Vipers of course. It was truly a awesome site. So we went inside and I was invited to sit with Ed and friends including Phil and Donald. Great conversation and great people they were. I didn't know these people but they spoke to me, not "over me". And it wasn't just about cars but about anything. I was very surprised and have a awesome lunch. Not so much for the food, but for the company.

3) I took my dad's Bonneville SSEI on the track. We hit just over 80mph and it was awesome. I have so much more respect for the drivers of racing now. It is crazy cool to do that speed, at that incline. The car felt so weird but it was lots of fun. I obviously couldn't get going too fast but it was definitely worth it.

4) Ok, first off AndyR gave me a HE-LL of an awesome ride in his Viper. We went for a few laps around the track. Now, when I say laps, I mean fast paced, teeth grinding laps. I would say we hit well over 60mph...LOL Who knows I wasn't paying attention but it was fast. He would let off a bit but then slam the accelerator. AndyR, thanks not only for my first track ride-along, but thanks for making it "very much worth it".

5) Then we got Chuck (sorry if name is wrong ). He let me ride along for a bit in his Blue Lamborghini Diablo. Ok, a little background on me and Lambos. These are one of my top three dream cars. And so when he offered a ride on the track, I jumped at the opportunity. I mean it truly was a dream come true. The car is surprisingly comfortable, and of course he-lla powerful. Seriously, I am still smiling here.

So, what can I say in conclusion? Today was a dream come true. It really was one of best days in my life. It ranged from riding in another one of my dream cars, to just being with incredibly friendly and fun people. Every new experience amazes me as to the generosity and friendliness of the Viper, and other car owners. I can venture a guess that it's not the cars, but the company that makes these things so fun. Thanks to everyone who I met and even those who I didn't. This goes for the safety crew as well. Thanks guys for helping us out, and giving us some track time. That's about it. I do have more photos so if interested, just email me. Hope everyone had a great time. I know I did...Francisco

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
GREAT writeup, FranciscoR...glad you enjoyed yourself. I did talk with one of our members as he was heading that way...good to know it went well. About a dozen of us had a meeting/lunch, 7 Vipers and an SRT-4.

See ya 'round.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again, I miss a really good event of the VCA! :mad:
Glad you had such a good time! Always friendly people and lots of fun at these events!
Did Dean have his Lambo there? Did any one keep times, or top speeds?

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out my pictures from the track on this thread Casey:
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB13&Number=341646&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Most of us got up to 100-120mph. These speeds were not sustained because there still was a lead car driven by the safety crew that we could not pass. So we could hang back a little to be able to speed up to catch the lead. I got up to 120 along the back strait before coasting into turn 3. A lot of fun to be able to drive at full acceleration (which is virually impossible on the street)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics. Andy! Looks like a blast!
I look forward to getting on a track like that and being able to hit some good speeds!
The 2 parade laps I have done at Nascar events, I was only able to get up to 60 for a very short time. So 120 would be nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang