Koni equipped ACR owners.....question

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is there a good way to adjust the damping on the fronts without removing the wheels?

thanks

Stephen Yap

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dials for the rebound and bump adjustment are just below the top shock eye. You can adjust it using a small allen wrench - on the left and + to the right. The problem is reaching it and seeing the dials. It probably can be done but why not at least jack the car up to give you some fender to wheel clearance ? Keep it soft for the street and then adjust up for the track. It should take less than 5 minutes if you don't have grit and dirt in there.

OP
OP
T

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know where the adjustment dials are, i adjusted them last weekend, but i had to take off the front wheels to reach them. maybe i can just try jacking up the car and not taking off the wheels.

I was just wondering if anyone had a techniques to adjust without removing the front wheels or jacking up the car.

I just think its kinda dumb that I can adjust the rears without jacking or removing the wheels, but I can't do that in front.

Ting

The dials for the rebound and bump adjustment are just below the top shock eye. You can adjust it using a small allen wrench - on the left and + to the right. The problem is reaching it and seeing the dials. It probably can be done but why not at least jack the car up to give you some fender to wheel clearance ? Keep it soft for the street and then adjust up for the track. It should take less than 5 minutes if you don't have grit and dirt in there.

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you adjust the shocks on 2001 cars with the Dynamic suspensions. Anyone know what the adjustment is to get the car to stop hopping around. It is to soft. My 2000 ACR was a better ride than the 2002. Anyone

Thanks

OP
OP
T

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks chuck G, i should try opening the hood

ting

The easiest way is: 1. Open hood
2. Turn wheels fully left or right.
3. Adjust with either hand, holding a
flashlight in the other hand.

Chuck G

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you adjust the shocks on 2001 cars with the Dynamic suspensions. Anyone know what the adjustment is to get the car to stop hopping around. It is to soft. My 2000 ACR was a better ride than the 2002. Anyone

Thanks

The Dynamics have the rebound adjusters just below the top eye. The bump adjusters are the large knobs on the canister at the bottom.

OP
OP
T

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck and Steve,

BTW, what are your ACR shock settings?

thanks

ting

The easiest way is: 1. Open hood
2. Turn wheels fully left or right.
3. Adjust with either hand, holding a
flashlight in the other hand.

Chuck G

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 ACR with the Dynamic shocks. I've spent considerable time making adjustments to the shocks to understand how it affects handling. I have mine set so that it is still relatively firm on both the front and rear rebound settings to reduce body roll, yet relatively soft on the bump settings to soften the ride on bumpy roads. You will find that adjusting the rear bump settings several clicks softer than the front bump settings will soften the ride of the car nicely without upsetting the overall balance of the car. I would suggest you experiment to get the car dialed into your own personal liking. Find a bumpy road to drive the car after each change in settings. You will quickly find what suits your personal tastes. My ACR handles and rides far superior to any of my previous Vipers, including my 96 GTS, 99 ACR, and 99 RT-10. The ABS brakes make a 2001 or newer model a no-brainer. The only Viper I have owned that handles better is the SRT-10.

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Frank. Could you please tell me how should I start with the adjustment of the Dynamic shocks on the 2002 ACR. What direction should I turn the knob and is there a click that will help guide you as to how far you are turning. Please give me some kinmd of direction as to how much of a change one revolution will effect the car. Clockways or counterclockwise.

Thanks

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Frank. Could you please tell me how should I start with the adjustment of the Dynamic shocks on the 2002 ACR. What direction should I turn the knob and is there a click that will help guide you as to how far you are turning. Please give me some kinmd of direction as to how much of a change one revolution will effect the car. Clockways or counterclockwise.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Toronto... on your Dynamic shocks, for both rebound and bump adjustments, turning the dial clockwise will stiffen the setting and counterclockwise will soften the setting. There are + (stiffer) and - (softer) indicators near the dials to help remind you.

You should have received a shock manual with your car that describes the shocks and adjustment process in detail. If not, you can get one from Dodge.

The adjustments are not linear. In other words, one click of adjustment when you are already in the middle of the range will not give you as much change as when you are already at the super soft or super stiff end of the range.

You can feel and sometimes hear each click as you make the adjustments on both the rebound and bump dials.

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the summary and the explanation Frank and GTS. The shocks are right now the factory defaults. I will start to play around with it because I founf that my 2000 ACR was much better in the handling department and did not hop around over a bump as the 2002 car does. It is actually a bit dangereous. I do not care to much if the car rides very rough. I just want it to perform when asked. In my book it is a race car and should always be ready for a race. If you have any other tips then please email me what you can. It would be much appreciated

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21