Kudos to SRT at COTA ALMS race.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from COTA where the Vipers did great and almost won in class. Bomarito was the star driver and this guy can DRIVE. The SRT VIP trailer was a blast and well worth the money. Great view from the trailer they provided on the main straight, and the meals and drinks were awesome. The SRT employees did a great job of making us fell welcome too. Ralph stopped by as well as all the drivers on Sat. just before the race to give a talk on whats happening. This was worth the small fee in itself. Well done guys and we are hoping you have a similar setup at the Daytona 24 in Jan. Also their pit area was really cool with a Viper owners only area to watch the crew at work, and a great selection of SRT attire for sale.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely was a top-notch event that SRT hosted for us. I'm looking forward to the next one! Also good to see Ben from Tomball Dodge win his class.

Tony

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your right Tony!! What an event, the job that SRT did was OVER the top and we had the best spot of the whole track to watch the race. The SRT drivers were awesome!!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I agree, it was an awesome weekend, even with the flood Friday, lol. Looking forward to seeing Ben start winning next year in his new Viper! Something about the annoucers saying "The Viper Exchange Porsche" seems a little wrong.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Ben at the track and his Viper no. 1 is not even built yet but soon and Riley will house and do the set ups etc. The class is GT Daytona for next year and the car is near 700 HP

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a fantastic time and the SRT hospitality booth was top notch. If you have never attended a race, I would absolutely recommend the event to anyone. My wife and kids had a blast. We truly felt like a part of the team.

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time. I appreciate the hospitality of the SRT group and getting to meet averyone. If they have it again next year I'l be there.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an amazing event, put on by our very own Kurt in S. Central TX and SRT. These events are a LOT of work, so thanks Kurt for the hard work. Also, the access we had to Ralph, the drivers, the team is simply unparalleled. Ralph came to our dinners, spoke with us at length at the hospitality tent at the race, the drivers and engineers came to our dinners and spent time at the track. It was just an amazing experience, and I'm pretty sure no other OEM supports their owners as much as these guys support us.

I can't thank Ralph, SRT, and Kurt enough for an amazing event!
Greg

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I’ve never been to an event like this before; but will certainly attend again and again if they come back to COTA each year.

I want to personally thank Kurt, his wife, and all the others that were behind the scenes and were involved in putting this together. It was nothing short of awesome. My wife and I had the time of our lives. The work that went into making this happen did not go unnoticed. There was always a Plan B to compensate for in-climate weather , which brings up another couple I wish to express appreciation and thanks to - Ray and Leslie. They opened their house to all and the hospitality they showed was incredible, as was their house and “Garage”, where they store a “One of Four” Nürburgring Viper they own. It is a truly impressive and beautiful car. Again, thank you Ray and Leslie. You made Friday a spectacular day.

COTA was very supportive (I forgot my tickets for Saturday); and they made getting new tickets a breeze.
Parking for our Vipers also was great. They put us in our own asphalt top area, so our vehicles remained relatively clean despite the rain, which was only bad on Friday.

SRT was unbelievable in how they went about supporting us. Everything they did was “First Class”. The Support Team was phenomenal. The corvette club was to our immediate right – and the difference in the “Set-up” between the two hospitality tents (Actually, ours was a trailer) was like the difference in flying First Class and Economy; with SRT being First Class. We had a trailer, outside tables with umbrellas, and beverages and food that was exceptional. There was also an elevated deck from which to better view the track. The view was at the start-finish, and the first turn, which was awesome. Ralph and the Drivers were accessible throughout Friday and Saturday. I don’t think any other racing team is as approachable as the SRT group. Even their racing support staff were there to answer questions. As a Viper owner, I never thought I would actually be able to meet the SRT Viper drivers, and Ralph, let alone get to talk with them, have photos taken with them, and attain their autographs as well. For me, it was an unbelievable memorable moment – one that my wife and I will always cherish. My wife and I also got to meet Maurice. I have one of his books, and to meet the author, was nothing short of awesome.

I also want to thank Kurt and others working with him on this event, for the evening meals provided us Friday and Saturday at the Falcon Head Resort. It was a great location, very close to where we all were staying; and the cuisine both nights was excellent.

It was great meeting members from out of state. There is nothing like a bunch of Viper Owners gathered together in one location – sharing their experiences and love of the car. I’ve never met a Viper owner I didn’t like. Susanne and I had a blast meeting and conversing with everyone. Some of the stories were hilarious. Very good fun to be had by all.

Oklahoma: You guys and gals are … “Crazy” !!!!! (In a good way).

Thanks Kurt – you did a spectacular job putting this together.

Congratulations to the SRT Viper Drivers. You did great.

Thanks everyone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A GTS-R of the type Ben Keating will be driving next year also was on display .....

Attachments

• GTS-R-Prototype.jpg
    GTS-R-Prototype.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 51

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Echo what has been said here. Thanks SRT!