Kumho Ecsta XS

FlashFyre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI Kumho is planning on shipping 335/35R17 (rears on the stock GTS) near the end of February. These tires have been out of stock since last March. I've ordered mine today. :D

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is actually the stock size for the rear tires on all 1992-1998 Vipers. The later Gen 2 Vipers (GTS included) are 335/30-18 for the rear (1999-2002). Good to know that they are getting those out there as there are already some great deals on the Kumho XS for the Gen 3/4's. Thanks for the heads up!

F

FrgMstr

Mmmmm Kumho Ecsta XS goodness. I am loving mine. Can't wait for it to get a bit warmer around here. It was up to 76F on Saturday last week and these things are STICKY!

Last edited by a moderator:

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are being told by Kumho that the 335/35-17 is in production. I have a message into them to see if we can get an ETA ... will post back when I hear more

vicj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THANK GOD!! I bought the front tires for my 97 GTS back in AUG 2010 and my rear tires have been on backorder since then! WTH?? Is this a normal practice of Kumho to have to wait this long for tires that you order? :dunno:

FYI Kumho is planning on shipping 335/35R17 (rears on the stock GTS) near the end of February. These tires have been out of stock since last March. I've ordered mine today. :D

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'll be ordering a set as soon as they are available! Kumho tires are definitely the best value in high performance summer tires.

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered mine should be here March 3rd I got mine with studs better traction control with all this ice we got COME ON SPRING

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of them are on the water (have already been shipped from the manufacturing facility via container ship) ... so, there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel and before you go there NO it is not a train

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just read this today on Tyrepress dot com

[SIZE=+2]Kumho creditors considering Daewoo share sale[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]
[/SIZE]
Creditors of South Korea's Kumho Asiana Group, parent company of Kumho Tires, are said to be considering selling a 1.46 trillion won (₤818.8 million) stake in Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co Ltd held by the group's affiliates via a block trade.

Group company Kumho Industrial Ltd holds 14.6 per cent of Daewoo Engineering & Construction and other units own the remainder, and the sale of a 24.7 per cent share in the contractor, as reported by Reuters, would join a number of other restructuring efforts aimed at aiding the cash-strapped company.

hopefully they will get back to normal manufacturing, inventory and supply levels with this move

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone here received their tires yet? TireRack is showing they're out of stock until May! If this is the case, I'm going to have to buy a set of PS2's. Let me know if you guys have heard anything!