Kumhos on the street....feed back please

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Lee that running Kumhos in the rear only works fine on the street. They do hydroplain above 40-45 MPH in standing water so no way would I run them on all 4 tires on the street. The wet traction is just as good as any other tire, EXCEPT standing water in which case they tend to hydroplane more easily than Pilot Sports. On the street you want your rear to stay planted on dry pavement and the fronts to stop you in the rain. Having Kumhos in the rear and regular tires in the front seems like the best combo for street driving. I know mixing tires can make a car twitchy (from past experiences) but the car handles excellent with this combo. I would NOT mix MXX3 and Kumhos as the MXX3 tend to follow the ruts in the road more than the Kumhos do.

PS I now have about 6,000 miles with this tire combo and drive it almost every day including many 1/4 miles runs. It looks like I'll get about 8K-9K miles out of them.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have all four and the car handles great, I never drive in the rain , so I don't know about how they handle in the wet. They were only around $170 each , if I remember correctly.

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered 17" for all four corners. Should be on by the weekend. Maybe autocross this Sunday, Road Atlanta next month on the 16th. closed course drag racing any time. Also saw headlight bulbs on tirerack's web site....has anybody tried them?

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how is everyone's paint looking behind the wheels after running the Khumos on all four corners?

My only reservation is that they are going to bead blast my paint.

-Matt