Lamborghini Murciélago

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today was a good day.

Had an awesome encounter on the local freeway which was a far cry from what we usually deal with (mostly RV's, and SUV's). Anyways, I was out this morning for a quick spin and had a Lamborghini Murciélago hit my rearview mirror and before you know it we're playing the 30mph to 100mph game. I should add it was clear sailing with literally no other traffic on the road.

I thought I would get my a$$ kicked, but the two times we went I came out ahead. I don't know if he was having problems with his car but ... who really cares ... I'm still smiling!

Cheers!

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! Was it yellow? Saw one last Sunday on D'foot @ 32nd. Unfortunaly heading north as I was coming south from the Airport.
Of note, saw a red F430 (?think that's what it was) cabrio on 32nd Ave. on Wednesday.

OP
OP
B

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! Was it yellow? Saw one last Sunday on D'foot @ 32nd. Unfortunaly heading north as I was coming south from the Airport.

It was black. We were both heading south to Okotoks on the new section of the Dearfoot.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good spot for a squirt up to 100.
Was about to head out this afternoon, but weather threatens...
Tomorrow for sure. Will keep my eyes peeled for you.
PS: Search the thread for my 'Z06 kill' from last week.

OP
OP
B

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good spot for a squirt up to 100.
Was about to head out this afternoon, but weather threatens...
Tomorrow for sure. Will keep my eyes peeled for you.
PS: Search the thread for my 'Z06 kill' from last week.

Awesome! ... I'll look for you!

By the way, great Z06 kill!! ... my brother takes delivery on a 06 Z06 (505hp) in July ... should be a fun summer!!

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Kevin, I love this part:

"I don't know if he was having problems with his car but ... who really cares ... I'm still smiling!"

Re: the Z06, I saw one for the first time today at a local cruise-in. Definitely much more sinister looking than the base C6. This guy had his lowered an inch. Very cool guy, no attitude at all.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I race my buddies 04 Merci with 580hp and beat him up to
120's.After that the Lambo gonna catch ya.
Remember he can go 200+.
Now you know how the mustang guys feel when they
spank us with their S/Crs,and we still won't trade.
A good win and safe run on the street always nice!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
good kill with the Viper. Murci's seem to be quick, but a stock Viper will give it a run for it's money.

I just got my Diablo tuned and went out cruising. I got next to a c5 that wanted to play and we went from a 60 roll. Well...the C5 took about 2-3 car lengths ahead of me...I think I started in 3rd gear where I should of started out in 2nd...but anyways...he was ahead and then all of a sudden my Diablo came to life when I got into the 6K rpm range....I blew by him pretty quickly...so I think the Diablo/lambos tend to wake up at higher rpms where the Viper is always awake at all rpms. A stock Viper would destroy my Diablo, but on higher speeds...I think the Diablo would take it on. So if the race is a stop light to stop light race, I lose....if it's a 1/2 mile or 1 mile from a roll...I think the Diablo would have a chance. I sure do miss the low rpm torque.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good kill with the Viper. Murci's seem to be quick, but a stock Viper will give it a run for it's money.

I just got my Diablo tuned and went out cruising. I got next to a c5 that wanted to play and we went from a 60 roll. Well...the C5 took about 2-3 car lengths ahead of me...I think I started in 3rd gear where I should of started out in 2nd...but anyways...he was ahead and then all of a sudden my Diablo came to life when I got into the 6K rpm range....I blew by him pretty quickly...so I think the Diablo/lambos tend to wake up at higher rpms where the Viper is always awake at all rpms. A stock Viper would destroy my Diablo, but on higher speeds...I think the Diablo would take it on. So if the race is a stop light to stop light race, I lose....if it's a 1/2 mile or 1 mile from a roll...I think the Diablo would have a chance. I sure do miss the low rpm torque.

Having owned a Diablo myself, I suggest you learn to drive it.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah sounds like a plan :rolleyes: ...obvioulsy you know first hand a Lambo doesn't have the low end torque or power like the Viper does...especially the Diablo. I guess if I were to stick nitrous on it maybe it could hang... a Diablo is a nice car..but don't get yourself too fat of a head. :2tu: Hopefully you didn't get your feelings hurt when the all mighty Lambo got beat by a little ole Dodge. :D

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah sounds like a plan :rolleyes: ...obvioulsy you know first hand a Lambo doesn't have the low end torque or power like the Viper does...especially the Diablo. I guess if I were to stick nitrous on it maybe it could hang... a Diablo is a nice car..but don't get yourself too fat of a head. :2tu: Hopefully you didn't get your feelings hurt when the all mighty Lambo got beat by a little ole Dodge. :D

The Diablo may not produce the torque numbers down low that the Viper does, but a well driven Diablo will pull a Viper all day long. Been there, done that. But I guess when youre as knowledgeable a person as yourself and race cars from 60 mph in a gear that will take you to over 120mph these things happen. :bonker:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The Diablo may not produce the torque numbers down low that the Viper does, but a well driven Diablo will pull a Viper all day long. Been there, done that. But I guess when youre as knowledgeable a person as yourself and race cars from 60 mph in a gear that will take you to over 120mph these things happen. :bonker:

LOL! I knew you got your feelings hurt. :nana:

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL! I knew you got your feelings hurt. :nana:

Ya, in your dreams. :nana:

porter12345

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today was a good day.

Had an awesome encounter on the local freeway which was a far cry from what we usually deal with (mostly RV's, and SUV's). Anyways, I was out this morning for a quick spin and had a Lamborghini Murciélago hit my rearview mirror and before you know it we're playing the 30mph to 100mph game. I should add it was clear sailing with literally no other traffic on the road.

I thought I would get my a$$ kicked, but the two times we went I came out ahead. I don't know if he was having problems with his car but ... who really cares ... I'm still smiling!

Cheers!

Hi Kevin. I am the owner of the black Murcielago. I also waved to you last year from my Ferrari Novitec 360, if you are the fellow I am thinking of.

Your recollection of the events are interesting. From what I recall, you were in my rearview on Deerfoot south as we passed the Douglasdale mall. I gave the car some throttle, and by the time we hit 130th Avenue you were a dot in the mirror, or so I thought.

Furthermore, I recall that as I continued on towards Okotoks, you turned off at Mackenzie Lake. My car has an onboard computer that records top speed. I checked it later and it read 251kph.

I'm sure I am mistaken though, because your version of the events seems to be much more vivid and believable. I'd love to meet you in person, and am frequently at the track. However, I've never seen you there nor have I seen your name on the active rosters. I'm guessing you are probably too busy to track your car.

In any event, best wishes to you. Like I mentioned, I'm sure I am mistaken about the situation, since it all happened so quickly. Luckily the gal I was riding with had a video camera. I think after dinner, I will go check out the video, and maybe upload a clip if I feel like it. She shot most of it looking into her sideview mirror.

According to your story, that sideview mirror should have been empty, and certainly would not have contained the image of a quickly diminishing Viper with an owner that was afraid to depress the throttle more than halfway.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today was a good day.

Cheers!

Hi Kevin. I am the owner of the black Murcielago. I also waved to you last year from my Ferrari Novitec 360, if you are the fellow I am thinking of.

Your recollection of the events are interesting. From what I recall, you were in my rearview on Deerfoot south as we passed the Douglasdale mall. I gave the car some throttle, and by the time we hit 130th Avenue you were a dot in the mirror, or so I thought.

Furthermore, I recall that as I continued on towards Okotoks, you turned off at Mackenzie Lake. My car has an onboard computer that records top speed. I checked it later and it read 251kph.

I'm sure I am mistaken though, because your version of the events seems to be much more vivid and believable. I'd love to meet you in person, and am frequently at the track. However, I've never seen you there nor have I seen your name on the active rosters. I'm guessing you are probably too busy to track your car.

In any event, best wishes to you. Like I mentioned, I'm sure I am mistaken about the situation, since it all happened so quickly. Luckily the gal I was riding with had a video camera. I think after dinner, I will go check out the video, and maybe upload a clip if I feel like it. She shot most of it looking into her sideview mirror.

According to your story, that sideview mirror should have been empty, and certainly would not have contained the image of a quickly diminishing Viper with an owner that was afraid to depress the throttle more than halfway.

Well if you're going to bring this to the table, you better bring the vid.

:needpics:

(Change PICS to VIDS)

OP
OP
B

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Porter ... great to meet you! Per the events .. hmmm ... I did turn into Heritage Golf course which would have put me in your mirror. Like I said, I should have got my a$$ kicked. Beyond that PM me. Let's definitely hook up. Good to see something other than an RV or SUV.

Cheers!

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Porter ... great to meet you! Per the events .. hmmm ... I did turn into Heritage Golf course which would have put me in your mirror. Like I said, I should have got my a$$ kicked. Beyond that PM me. Let's definitely hook up. Good to see something other than an RV or SUV.

Cheers!

Way to backpeddle! :hitfan:

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today was a good day.

Cheers!

Porter, are you on www.lambo-power.com? if not, come joing us. Plenty of Murci owners.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Cheers!
[******]??? He "kinda" called you out? What exactly happened?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta love these. It is okay as a coupe, but as a roadster, WOW!

COUPE:
You must be registered for see images

ROADSTER:
You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187