Last year for Dodge/Skip Barber

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is a lose-lose-lose (Viper Owners, Dodge and Skip Barber). FYI, Skip has been out(sold) of his company for a few years.
Right... I meant Skip Barber, the company, not the person. It's "lose" all around, but DC and especially Viper owners will lose more for sure.

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to register as a VCA member, here is what I was told:

"Unfortunately, all of our Dodge and Viper discounts are no longer in effect. After a 10 year partnership, our relationship with Dodge will end at the close of this year. As a result, the Viper savings is not available."

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to register as a VCA member, here is what I was told:

"Unfortunately, all of our Dodge and Viper discounts are no longer in effect. After a 10 year partnership, our relationship with Dodge will end at the close of this year. As a result, the Viper savings is not available."
Was this through the website? I called last week and got my discount.

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent them an e-mail, this was their response. the 2 day high performance course is what I asked about...this is what they replied with.

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also asked about the availabilty of Vipers as a car to drive, here is what I was told:

"We are currently in a transition stage right now...Dodge is slowly pulling out vehicles as we start to integrate new vehicles in. At this point in time, any 2006 driving school may or may not have Vipers. Any 2007 school most likely will not have Vipers. Sorry to be vague, but we should know more and have concrete answers in the next few weeks. The replacement for Dodge should be announced at that time as well."

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent them an e-mail, this was their response. the 2 day high performance course is what I asked about...this is what they replied with.

hmm... try calling

then again, I might very well be the last VCA member to get a discount :(

Reaction score
I need you e-mails supporting the continuation of Dodge-Skip Barber programs. Viper owners and the VCA has a lot to lose if Dodge follows through with their plan to discontinue this relationship.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the Skip Barber 3 day racing school at Sebring this year. Best $3k ever spent and I'd do it again tomorrow.

4030DSC02415.JPG

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me say it again.SO What?If you want practice in a front engine GT then go to panoz and don't waste time and money driving PU trucks and econoboxes.If you want single seater road or oval or stock car practice select the appropriate school and don't waste your time and money.I don't think Dodge should lend its name,time,or money to a PU truck and econobox driving school anymore than they should embarass the marque with ricer drifting. Bruce Roche

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the 3 day Panoz (racing) school at Sebring... great school although a few of the cars were a bit in disrepair.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip Barber has a one day school that runs Porshe, BMW and Viper

http://www.skipbarber.com/driving_school/one_day_hp_school.aspx

This program has been around for over a year. The platform to replace the Viper is still being discussed.

Fred - I think the discussion is over - They had one Gen 3 GTS on display next to a Porsche and a gaggle of Porsches in back where the Vipers, Stratuses, and Dakotas normally reside.

Now here is a lesson folks - Support Viper Days - participate in Viper Days track events - attendance at west coast events certainly could improve - none of us would like to see Viper days pull out of the West Coast due to lack of support

Reaction score
Let me say it again.SO What?If you want practice in a front engine GT then go to panoz and don't waste time and money driving PU trucks and econoboxes.If you want single seater road or oval or stock car practice select the appropriate school and don't waste your time and money.I don't think Dodge should lend its name,time,or money to a PU truck and econobox driving school anymore than they should embarass the marque with ricer drifting. Bruce Roche

SO What you say?

We (N.Calif. VCA) have had driving schools managed by the SCCA. The instructors were National Champions in Corvettes. We let a few of them try out the Vipers and they were spinning like tops!

You can buy a book about performance driving and it can explain everything there is to know about driving. Read the book and now go racing!

Why start with slower platforms? Because you(most people) need to learn to walk before you can run.

Viper owners need to know how a Viper responds(braking, over steer, under steer, etc.).

Reaction score
Gavin,

Their plan is to continue with several brands of performance cars and we just hope the Viper continues to be one.

Support, for Viper Days, has not been very strong from N.CA.

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I signed up for the 2 day course, was told I would get the 25% VCA discount, and then the next day told that the 25% VCA discount is discontinued because Dodge is no longer supporting SKip Barber. Anyone else have their discount cancelled?

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I signed up for the 2 day course, was told I would get the 25% VCA discount, and then the next day told that the 25% VCA discount is discontinued because Dodge is no longer supporting SKip Barber. Anyone else have their discount cancelled?

Nope... my charge went through last week, and I don't know if I would let them give it back without making a big fuss. It's not about the money, but the principle.

I guess I really am the last VCA member there on discount. :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang