Laying waste to the east coast Vipers at the Viperdays Finals at TWS...

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's less then a week till us California guys leave for the Viperdays National Finals and I can't help but feel sorry for the east coast guys and the beatdown they're going to get. They shouldn't even bother showing up, especially the drivers in Prepared and Unlimited who will be dominated by John "SSpeed Racer" Dearing and Paul "PMUM" Mumford respectively. As for myself I'll be vying for a podium spot in Prepared. So how about it anyone on the right coast know how to drive? Forgetaboutit I never truly knew how to drive till I moved here to Cali from NY, I think it's something in the water
supergrin.gif

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh......If only I had the opportunity to take off from work like some of you guys, not to mention if my pockets were just a little deeper......You'd be so sorry you said that.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
Forgetaboutit I never truly knew how to drive till I moved here to Cali from NY, I think it's something in the water
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

&lt;tongue-in-cheek reply&gt; <FONT size="1">(sort-of, you figure out where)</FONT s>
People from the east coast don't have a place to learn how to drive their cars. East coasters hold the automobile in disdain, instead favoring trains and subways, or walking. If one HAS to go by auto, then they all take cabs. I went to Cape Cod last week. I traveled from the airport in Rhode Island. That whole stupid state is no bigger than Bexar County, which surrounds San Antonio. And they have 2 senators.
rolleyes.gif

California now has subways and commuter trains, but they have BIG freeways and people there LIKE cars. Cars don't rust in California, so a nice looking car will stay that way for more than 4 years. They realize that cars require parking spaces, so they BUILD parking spaces, instead of making you lease one on an alley for $50,000 a year.

Notice that we don't have any real racers doing Viper Days from Portland or Seattle either. Maybe it has something to do with subways, trains and "Smart Growth" (not).
&lt;end: tongue-in-cheek reply&gt;

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew2KRT10:
Oh......If only I had the opportunity to take off from work like some of you guys, not to mention if my pockets were just a little deeper......You'd be so sorry you said that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, yeah, yeah, shoulda, woulda, coulda. Andrew it was YOUR neighborhood I came from when I was a slooooow driver, I was born and raised right next to Van Cortlandt Park in da Bronx.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Van Cortlandt Park in da Bronx." ??? That explains it. You never even drove. You probably were too busy hanging out on the corners like the guys in the Rocky Movies singing over a flaming garbage can. At least I drove a cab in the city for a few years and got to scare the hell out of pedestrians & bike riders.

Some day we'll meet up.

have a good day

AC

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, I think Andrew has got you pegged! Thanks Andrew, great visual. If you could only hear the accent....

All kidding aside, Go Left Coast! Ron, go smack them around! I would come represent, but there aren't enough used tires for me.
laugh.gif

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:
Actually, I'm driving down from Seattle in a week.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great! I'll be looking for ya!

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Thankfully Florida gets left out of the "East" inclusion.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ARE east coast Chuck, even if Tampa Bay is on the west coast of Florida.

BTW how's your football team doing?

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, Ron, Ron, man you trying to make enemies already??? Relax...as for my self I am going just for the scenery and commrotory and being proud to be a Viper Owner.
smile.gif
In fact i am hoping that GTS Dean will give me a ride around the track to

show me the line......BUT I GUESS YOU BLEW THAT RON
pissed.gif

Anyway look forward to meeting everybody...

By the way Ron Hows that West Coast Viper Banner Coming???
rofl.gif

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's coming along nicely John, thank u for asking.

BTW I forgot to mention, East Coast guys forget about Super Stock also I think Jon Scott is coming.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:

BTW how's your football team doing?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? When did we get a football team?

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, I'll be there. I've secured my spot on the SoCal Gravy Train -- the only question is whether or not the RV's are big enough to hold all the trophies that have to be hauled back to CA. (What was it that pmum called it? "Our yearly bounty" -- something like that...)

I'm going to have chide you a bit for calling out the Eastern weenies. You see, it's a little like kicking a dog that's been mistreated as a puppy -- they just lay down and take the abuse; they might whimper but for the most part, they've resigned themselves to the whippings and hope that it will be over soon. You won't hear much from the Eastern region -- they don't want to call attention to themselves for fear that the spankings will last longer than necessary.

(btw, this is also why we like piling on Adelberg. He puts up a bit of a fight so there's much more sport in it...)

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:
Actually, I'm driving down from Seattle in a week. Because it's 2500 miles each way (the regular events were only 1000 miles) I went and bought a tow vehicle for the trip.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you hit the Texas state line, you'll think you're almost there. Eventually, you'll realize that a third of the trip is still ahead of you. Go easy on the road kill, OK Andy?

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody asked Skip if the West Coast drivers even need to show up? Why can't he just have the East Coast Weenies show up, subtract a few seconds from their time, mail us our trophi......errrrrr platters and have the East Coast guys spread rumors that we cheated?

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick question for everybody on route:

The quickest way (according to MapPoint) is through Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, to Kansas, then straight south to Texas. A slightly longer route for me would be to go straight down to LA, then straight East into Texas. As near as I can tell the difference is less than 100 miles.

So, can anyone tell me if that would be a flatter/better route to take if I'm hauling a trailer?

A

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WWWoooaaahhh, the west coast wankers have spoken.
hail[1].gif
I do believe Skip has participation hardware for all those that show up. That way Rebell won't go home empty handed like usual in the Western region results. Why is it the guy with the loudest yap is always the slowest driver?
dunno.gif
I just hope that the podium is long enough to accommodate the west coast trail markers who can't crack the top 3 in there own region.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
West Coast Smacking against the ECBC. Too bad i don't qualify for an invite, did you know that the first National Champion came from the East Coast? Wheather it be stock or prepared i'd definately give you Left Coasters a run for your trophys. And who knows maybe since the sun sets a little quicker in the east than in the west we'd know where to find your trophy's.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well now socal ron you do realize ya'll left coasters have to make it through tech inspection first before you can compete
smile.gif
And since the tech guy is from the right coast that just might take awhile.Although I should get ya'll done first since you will need all the time you can get to learn how to drive in little ol TEXAS.

GO east coasters

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoosier Daddy.Left coast trail markers?You must mean Back markers.Or is it moving road blocks?Moving chichanes? or just simply wankers?Can you imagine the sunshine boys on a wet surface?Hope someone takes vids.Major entertainment value. Bruce

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"People from the east coast don't have a place to learn how to drive their cars. California now has subways and commuter trains, but they have BIG freeways."

I am so sorry I cant be there. Having been fortunate enough to live on the west coast and in Texas while in the military I just cant figure how driving in a straight line enhances driving skills. Now take us Kentuckians. When being pursued by the local constable, we may cover 20 miles of roadway to get over the next ridge, and wear out a set of pilots in the meantime. Those kinda roads make you drive, otherwise its all just commuting.
laugh.gif

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:
Notice that we don't have any real racers doing Viper Days from Portland or Seattle either. Maybe it has something to do with subways, trains and "Smart Growth" (not).
&lt;end: tongue-in-cheek reply&gt;

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I'm driving down from Seattle in a week. Because it's 2500 miles each way (the regular events were only 1000 miles) I went and bought a tow vehicle for the trip. 4 days of driving, 3 days at the track, and 4 days back in the Viper would be a bit ********, even for me. Although I wouldn't call myself a "real racer" (my GTS still has 2 mufflers too many), I figured I'd chime in as the only pacific northwest car coming down - except possibly for Frank D'Augustino, who lives in Portland.

I must say, SoCal, that it's a bit bold to be laying the smack down before the trip. Mumford? Sure. SSpeedRacer? Sure? SoCal? Hope you managed to get your brakes fixed. &lt;g&gt;.

A

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Andy, good to hear you're coming. Frank told me at Viperdays BW he wasn't going but things change. I got new brakes, rotors, pads, a new p/s pump, new rack & pinion and a new transmission to boot. Going to WSIR tomorrow to test n tune and make sure everything works before the schlep to Texas.

It's easy to smack these east coast guys, no competition
supergrin.gif

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah to all you no-shows.

Hoosier Daddy,
you don't know the half of it regarding my "loud yap", you think it's loud on the message boards wait until you meet me in person. And also BTW I took 3rd overall in the western region in Prepared, so I'm in the money
supergrin.gif

Tom Sessions,
I've already spoke with Skip about your bias practices regarding my teching. I told him how you made me carry those 200 lb. scales just to get you to look at my car and he has agreed to tech my car. BTW don't miss your plane to Texas
laugh.gif

SUNSHINE BOYS RULE!!!!!!

WAR EAST COAST VIPERS

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron
Actually your not that loud, So kick it up some with the CAPS LOCK ON! THEN WE WILL BE ABLE TO HEAR YOU KNOCKING!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SUNSHINE BOYS RULE!!!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Florida is the Sunshine State Ron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi