Lee Iacocca introduces the Dodge Viper

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been so long since I seen it . Two great icons Iacoccoa and Shelby building Legends Like the Viper / Cobra / and Mustang . :2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too cool Randall! Thanks!

Watching Lee speak you realize how much more professional vehicle introductions have become! Wow! Did you see Ralph introduce the Gen 5? Wow. Day and night! :omg:

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I remember those first heady days of VIPER!! SO EXCITING!! Just like it is now with the introduction of the 2013!! Today (Of course) with the internet and social media the excitement is kept alive even when the press has settled down. Today we never let it settle down.
As for me....I was one of those people (in Feb 1992 at the Toronto Auto Show) who as Lee said "got in line"....I plunked down my $2000 deposit and proceeded to wait 20 months!!!!!!!!
All so worth it!

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Conceived, designed, engineered, right here in America. And built right here in America..... What you're looking at even before production starts is an American classic......... Go build the damn thing....." Lee Iacocca

Old school marketing and selling.:2tu:

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice video!
Iacocca: "Some of them are just going to have to wait awhile"....

I didn't think it would be all of 19 years later, to be able go back and get one of those 1992s. But thanks to them building a good product that lasts for the long term, I am glad that there was an opportunity to finally buy one, turn the key, put it in gear, and drive it around for all to enjoy. Good work Team Viper!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two best lines in those videos are:
"Now go build the damn thing!"
....and....
"The car is just a place to put my engine."
:D :D :D

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why doesn't the video show up on my iPad? Nothing to click on?

For some reason the ipad doesn't parse the video tags. Just hit reply with quote on the first post and the URL will show up to copy it out and paste it into youtube. A hassle but it works.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is fantastic . . . also clicked the 2011 video of him accepting the Ellis Island award; that man has aged in 20 years!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456