Let's Have The Vca Send Dodge To The Ring With The Acr!!!!

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am not sure of the exact number but i am willing to be that we have over 1000 members in the VCA.

if everybody just donated 50 dollars to the cause we could send dodge a check for 50k to sponsor a trip to the ring with the new acr and once and for all find out just how good this car is!!!

come on guys. i want to see this car kick ass on the ring and finally show a factory supported and verified time.

thoughts ???

regards
george ciamillo

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the VCA has closer to 5000 members, not bad!!

I figure there will be someone who takes the new ACR to the "ring" anyway just to have bragging rights.....we'll see who antes up first.

Regards,
Aaron

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ring?

A bit of lingo that I'm not familiar with.

I thought at first we would all get a chance to swing at a Viper exec for 50 bucks. In the ring.

That sounds sweet.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Here's an explanation...most people including myself can't spell Nürburgring so we abbreviate to the "ring".

Here's what Wikipedia said about it:
The Nürburgring, known as simply "the Ring" by enthusiasts, is the name of a famous motorsport race track in Nürburg, Germany, built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel, which is about 70 kilometres south of Cologne and 100 kilometres northwest of Mainz. Originally, the track featured four track configurations: the 28.265 km long Gesamtstrecke ("Whole Course"), which in turn consisted of the 22.810 km Nordschleife ("Northern Loop"), and the 7.747 km Südschleife ("Southern Loop"). There also was a 2.281 km warm-up loop called Zielschleife, around pits area. Between 1982 and 1983 the start-finish area was demolished to create a new GP-Strecke, and this is currently used for all major and international racing events. However, the Nordschleife is still in use; nicknamed The Green Hell by Jackie Stewart, it is widely considered the toughest and most demanding purpose-built race track in the world.

Regards,
Aaron

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a huge F1 fan, I know exactly what the Nürburgring is.

Ferrari's are Viper GTS red BTW...

Thanks for the clarification on that!

And I'm in, only if 50 bucks gets you a lap.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am not sure of the exact number but i am willing to be that we have over 1000 members in the VCA.

if everybody just donated 50 dollars to the cause we could send dodge a check for 50k ...
There are 300 million people in USA. If they all donated just $1, we'd have $300,000,000 to save a lot of sick and dying people all over the world. The keyword is "IF". :dunno:

Besides, senior VCA members already has done this.

And yes, the ring is the Nurburgring! I don't think that's what he meant though since we were released from our German *******.

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need more current info on ACR.Seems like the hype came and went.Need to keep it in the headlines.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great point AviP - crazy when broken down like that - $1 each. Would love to see the ACR results at the Ring..

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's another idea (maybe easier than sending charity to Dodge):

The VCA Challenge:
>VCA members chip in $10 each, until we have, say $20,000. And Dodge supplies an ACR.
>Challenge ALL other clubs (Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) to show up at Road America (another large track) next summer with $20,000 and a factory-supplied, unmodified car. Blue Devil prototype? Bring it. Any car. And bring a driver chosen by each club.
>After a few laps of warm up, each car club gets three sessions, 3 laps each. The best 3-lap session average is the official lap time for each club.
>The best official lap time wins, winner take all (for their respective club).

We get Road & Track, or some other magazine, to throw down the oil can, and issue the challenge on our behalf.

I think the ACR would beat them all. This way an ACR, loaned from Dodge, could make some money for the VCA :2tu:

Last edited:

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's another idea (maybe easier than sending charity to Dodge):

The VCA Challenge:
>VCA members chip in $10 each, until we have, say $20,000. And Dodge supplies an ACR.
>Challenge ALL other clubs (Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) to show up at Road America (another large track) next summer with $20,000 and a factory-supplied, unmodified car. Blue Devil prototype? Bring it. Any car. And bring a driver chosen by each club.
>After a few laps of warm up, each car club gets three sessions, 3 laps each. The best 3-lap session average is the official lap time for each club.
>The best official lap time wins, winner take all (for their respective club).

We get Road & Track, or some other magazine, to throw down the oil can, and issue the challenge on our behalf.

I think the ACR would beat them all. This way an ACR, loaned from Dodge, could make some money for the VCA :2tu:

Carrera GT
GT2
F430 Scuderia
ZR-1
Superleggerra

But either way, I do not think that is a winnable, challenge, depending on what cars show up. And I love the ACR. And who's driving? People should at least be on the same level of performance.

But for the record, I would like to see that happen with or without money at stake anyways, just a big all car club event.

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an idea...

If the VCA has 5000 members, that all donate $50 that's $250,000... now, if the VCA then send me an ACR, I will happily drive it to the ring and do some testing for you all, with a full write up etc... and I will happily let the VCA keep the change from the $250,000 donations for the car, shipping and testing... I'm generous like that... :2tu: :drive:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carrera GT
GT2
F430 Scuderia
ZR-1
Superleggerra

But either way, I do not think that is a winnable, challenge, depending on what cars show up.
In speaking with the folks at SRT that designed and tested this car over the past couple years, they assure us that there is not a street legal factory car that will beat the ACR on the track in factory form. None. Zero. Nada. Zip. Sure, throw some add-ons and make it a lot closer, but we have heard that the ACR will outrun any street legal factory car on the track - including the list above.

But like everybody else, I want to see it in action! :2tu:

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In speaking with the folks at SRT that designed and tested this car over the past couple years, they assure us that there is not a street legal factory car that will beat the ACR on the track in factory form. None. Zero. Nada. Zip. Sure, throw some add-ons and make it a lot closer, but we have heard that the ACR will outrun any street legal factory car on the track - including the list above.

Those are some bold assertions, I actually wouldnt mind that being true, but I would need to see it beat a Carrera GT, GT2 and ZR-1 to beleive that statement. Or at least see some data where they have tested the other cars to say that.

I do plan on getting one as well, so that would surely be an added bonus if that is the case. I have some GT-R's to spank and I dont want to hear that my car is modded, so I want a stock one as well, and the ACR fits the bill.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And another thing, if they really beleive this, I say some ring testing is in order, it would really revive the Viper name to go over there and do something great, and with the influx of 60-80k sports cars that beat up on supercars, they had better not let the car die, because there is too much opportunity there.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper has always been my favorite car ever and is without a doubt the greatest car on the streets, however I have a really hard time seeing an ACR beat a scuderia or GT-2 stock for stock. If it can I would be thrilled.

Jax419

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is a pretty bold statement to make...esp. after hearing about the new GTR tearing up the ring.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Talk is cheap...Id LOVE it if it could be proven....One way for Dodge to put their money where there mouth is is to show up at the Ring and prove it...Or line up said cars and run em at VIR etc...until then its just talk.....

Zonda F? Konigsegg CCX? Caparo T1? Probably not[especially the Caparo]...

I can see it beating the GT2 Porsche [hell I see the regular 08 running with the GT2]..I also see the ACR beating the GTR, Scuderia, Superleggera, maybe even the Carrera GT...Dodge how about ending this speculation and adding just another notch to the Vipers greatness by conquering the Ring factory style...:2tu:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Stig with the ACR at The Ring would be great publicity for Dodge to if they could pull it off, the Top Gear programme now go's to loads of countrys, someone contact Dodge marketing or SRT and please put them in the picture !!

all the big manufacturers regularly test their cars at the Ring, some even have huge premises/workshops near the track (even Nissan) Were hoping to have another UK club trip over to N'burg next year, so get the ACR then :D and we can have some fast laps

I've noticed a few articles about the ACR in UK glossy car mags, but just repeated info and pics

ps. Tomorrow nights TG has 'The Stig v Hamilton' that should be interesting!
the super fast and modern Nissan GT-R is also on soon, it did 7.38 around a damp N'burg quicker than the new 911 turbo they were also testing ! 0-60 3.5secs, 1/4 mile 11.7 and top speed 197mph for the GT-R

here you go Jonathon, treat yourself for xmas ;)
Amber Promotions > I am the Stig

Last edited:

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper has always been my favorite car ever and is without a doubt the greatest car on the streets, however I have a really hard time seeing an ACR beat a scuderia or GT-2 stock for stock. If it can I would be thrilled.

I think an ACR would easily beat a scuderia or a GT-2 hell I would put my money on a regular 08 Viper beating both.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think an ACR would easily beat a scuderia or a GT-2 hell I would put my money on a regular 08 Viper beating both.

I concur...I also see the regular Viper hanging with or beating the GT-2/Scud.....ACR will flat out cream them both...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
somebody posted this pic on the alley site, this is the entrance to the Ring !

You must be registered for see images

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A friend of mine has driven the ring! It is a VERY LARGE course and way too many turns for a new driver to learn and do the ring or the ACR any justice. If someone was going to drive an ACR on the ring for bragging rights for us all, he or she had better spend a lot of time driving the ring in the ACR or he or she would just be spinning his or her wheels no pun intended. I would will throw my hat in the ring (again no pun intended) to take a month off and go over to Germany to practice daily if necessary to make us all proud! Since I only have an 08 SRT I will need some help with the proper Vehicle to drive.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But dont forget if you drive an ACR on a track your warranty is void... :omg: :dunno: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F8l SNK: Black w/graphite stripeS or driver's stripe? If it's the latter, this should be Ralph Gilles and this is quite possible...