local dealer wants my GTS in trade

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
for a 2009 Challenger SRT8, 6 speed. he want's a little cash also. I'm waiting to hear how much but I'm not sure I'd even do a straight accross deal....

I'd rather pick up a racecar in the long run.....:drive:

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take an even trade if I was in your shoes and want the Challenger. The SRT model probably goes for mid 40's which should be in line with what a GTS goes for. Also, If the new Camaro comes out as planned the SS will have same horse power as the SRT and priced around 10k cheaper than the SRT.

Tell the dealer to give you 5-10K and the challenger for your GTS

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
all those were my thoughts also. In 5 years assuming I don't just sell the viper outright which one will be worth more. Plus, as nice as the challenger is, it is no viper. I drove it today and "had" to jump on it to merge on the freeway as a truck was holding up the onramp. I normally just cruise on the street so I tend to forget just how fun and fast it is. I then had to slow down to freeway speeds once merged....and obeyed all traffic laws the rest of the way to work.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you kidding? drive the viper down a busy street. then drive a challenger. which one will get the most attention?

nuff said.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of a Viper for a Challenger? Not no, but hell no.

Honestly, him wanting your car AND a little cash would offend me. Ask him does he plan on taking the cash and buying more drugs with it??

Last edited:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost traded my heavily modded Gen I ( + $4k) for a new SRT8 300 when they came out. Figured, something fun that I could haul the family in.

Really glad I did not now as I see SRT8's local going for around $22K. Even depreciated beyond an old Gen I viper already.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For God's sake get yourself checked for delusional fever and stay away from the dealership.
The challenger is a nice car but the GTS is a automotive work of art.
Having whined like I did, do what makes you happy but we will point and laugh at you if you do!!!

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For God's sake get yourself checked for delusional fever and stay away from the dealership.
The challenger is a nice car but the GTS is a automotive work of art.
Having whined like I did, do what makes you happy but we will point and laugh at you if you do!!!

keep in mind, they contacted me probabaly from either my ad or one of the boards.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't they make a V-6 version of the Challenger as a rental car? There is no comparison. A Viper is an exotic thing of beauty.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is not a good deal at all. If you did an even trade with them, they still would be coming out ahead on the deal. Challengers are losing value faster than the stock market. Wait a year and pick a used one up for half price.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not do that. You would miss your Viper and start seeing Challengers everywhere. A good Viper is hard to come by.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way!!!! They did a great job with Challengers, no doubt.. But a Challenger to me, is D.D.. These will be nothing but used cars, in a few years.. A Viper, will always be a viper... It doesn't matter if its a GenI or a brand spanking new ACR. Its still a viper..

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really need th car for family size reasons (second row of seats) then I would say a straight cash transaction even though in a year the viper will probably be worth more because teh challenger will drop in value, especially after the Camaro comes out. Personally I would not trade a viper for a Challenger, no comparison.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know man, I'd take a viper over a challenger any day. Even if the cars were equal, which they are not, why get rid of something that has most likely hit it's rock bottom value, and exchange it for something that is about to lose half it's value in a short amount of time. I'm not knocking the Challenger, it is kinda cool, heavier than a WWII tank, but cool. It's just no viper and will be tanking in value more than Enron shares. Seems like a lose-lose to me.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so your saying he saw your ad and contacted you?
ive never heard of a dealer activly looking for customers like that
if so,
you local dealer is a smart man and knows exactly what he is doing persuing deals like this

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell him HE!! no, do a burnout in the stealership parking lot and never look back

:)

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although tempted I wouldn't give up my GTS for an 09 ACR even trade. You have a car with the lines of the cobra daytona and the father of them all the '62 Ferrari 250 GTO. You have 1 of the three most **** beautiful cars ever designed. Some day I may get a daytona cobra replica to park next to my GTS. Yeah its like a print of a painting but all I can afford. Have no Idea what the real thing costs.I think there were only 6 built? Recently came across a Ferrari 250 GTO '62 for sale. Magnificent looking car. Only problem is I can't afford the 14 million dollar asking price. GTS Bruce

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trade in your Viper for a Challenger??????????????????? Oh pullllease! Drive the Viper and you will be seen. Drive the Challenger around and won't be noticed. It boggles my mind that you are even considering that! :spank:

Last edited:

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New is alway nice,but I guarantee in 3 years you will be very very sorry if you make that trade.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your looking to get $'s for the GTS sell it outright. If your looking to replace the GTS I wouldn't go with the Challenger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32