looking for a salvage wrecked gen 3 or gen 4 viper

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By "Jason's" car I think your referring to Malu95RT or something like that??? I was actually interested in his car but from what I heard he sold it just recently. I thought he was waiting until spring but I guess he jumped the gun. I heard. This may all be just adding to the confusion.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Coupes tend to bring a little more, and I see that '08 going for closer to $35 - $40k, mileage adds some question to the price. Some of the possible unseen damage based on the hit location - PCM, ABS Unit, Suspension Corner. Parts to replace. Hood, Fender, Bumper Cover, Front Bumper Rebar, Inner Fender, Radiator, Cooling Fan Assembly, AC Condensor, AC Line, Power Steering Cooler and Lines, Airbox, Headlight, Fog Light, Splash Shield, Radiator shroud, Front Skid Plate. Roughly $9-11k in parts. Add Minor Frame Repair and paint costs to get your total. Just my $0.02 worth.

vbzatty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished my '04 vert rebuild. It was hit in the rear. New quarters, trunk lid, trunk tub. I got it a year ago for $20k and have $4k in parts and $4k in paint. I spent a little more in mods (paxton) while I was in there. I found it to be one of the easier cars to rebuild. Everything bolts on, no welding new panels and pulling out unibody frames.

Colby

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is pretty ambitious. Have you done this type work before? This car has frame damage all the way around. There is going to be serious cutting and welding on this project, this will not be a "bolt on" restoration. I have done full restorations in the past and this is a big project, definitely not a "starter" project. Don't forget the value on something like this is not just finished value minus restoration cost. This might be more of a value of the parts rather than the whole.

OP
OP
F

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah, I know whats involved, done many regular drivers 2011. 2010's etc, but it seems like the vipers are way overpriced damaged and after you rebuild them with that scary salvage title which makes them almost worthless

V

Venomiss

I just finished my '04 vert rebuild. It was hit in the rear. New quarters, trunk lid, trunk tub. I got it a year ago for $20k and have $4k in parts and $4k in paint. I spent a little more in mods (paxton) while I was in there. I found it to be one of the easier cars to rebuild. Everything bolts on, no welding new panels and pulling out unibody frames.

Colby

If you have finished your Viper please consider joining the VCA.
Online is quick and easy.
https://www.viperclub.org/join/