Looking to trade 2013 Sidewinder II Hyper-Black wheels for Matte-Black

s_c5519

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't want to wait on an order, so I found one at a dealer that was pretty much what I wanted except for the Hyper Black Wheels.

I know there's not a lot of them out yet, but f anyone is in the New England area and wants to meet up and trade wheels. I am only interested in the exact same Sidewinder 2's but want them in the Matte Black. My car currently has 200 miles so at this point you will be getting basically new rims....

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't want to wait on an order, so I found one at a dealer that was pretty much what I wanted except for the Hyper Black Wheels.

I know there's not a lot of them out yet, but f anyone is in the New England area and wants to meet up and trade wheels. I am only interested in the exact same Sidewinder 2's but want them in the Matte Black. My car currently has 200 miles so at this point you will be getting basically new rims....

Are the hyper black actually black? Are are those the ones I see in all the dealerships and pics where they look kind of greenish. I believe there are only 2 sidewinder wheels correct for the track pack and that is the regular one and the matte one?

OP
OP
S

s_c5519

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it seems like most of the ones you see at dealers are the Hyper Black. They don't really look black, they are more of a match to the smokey silver exhaust tips. There are only two different versions of the Sidewinder II's.

Here is a pic...

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHOOOAAA! That looks HOT!!! Sure you want the matte black wheels? I think that has just the right amount of darkness in the rims.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would stick with the hyper black wheels....the matte black just get lost with the tire into the wheel well. Your car looks fantastic just the way it is!

Bill

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the matte wheel better. Hyper black looks weird to me.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't do it, your car will be too black and the wheels will look somewhat boring. When I had a black car, I specifically put on hyper black wheels for that "just enough" contrast. Look at the different aspects of your car and notice why small things such as trim are always a different color, to make a contrast and make the car pop more. You have the right wheels, don't change them. By the way, that car picture looks incredible.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats on the purchase! Check with Viper Parts of America. They at one time had a set of each on the '13 rims in all the finishes possoble. You could buy them now and then put your current ones up for sale. As a side not...I agree with everyone else here...keep the hyper black one. :)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, why do we not have a ton of pics of your car? That looks incredible. Wow.

And either way for the wheels, that car is beautiful and mean.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please reconsider, those wheels look perfect! Add change elsewhere like matte black stripes and OEM Chrome GenII Viper GTS logo's on the front fenders.
My .02

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jaw dropping gorgeous. Black is one if the sexiest colors on this car. Love the red interior with it.

I personally would stick with hyper black, but I'm sure the matte black will give it a sinister look.

Either way, congrats on your new ride! More pics!!!

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That thing is hot! I would not change them... I think I just found a new screensaver! Enjoy that beauty!!!!

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn I would NOT trade those wheels. Matte black is worn out. Your car is gorgeous!

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes it seems like most of the ones you see at dealers are the Hyper Black. They don't really look black, they are more of a match to the smokey silver exhaust tips. There are only two different versions of the Sidewinder II's.

Here is a pic...

Thats my favorite new car of them all, and thats with those wheels to. Dam that looks sick, in a good way.

OP
OP
S

s_c5519

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. It seems the general consensus here and also from my friends, is to also keep the stock wheels that are on it. The problem for me is I am just a huge fan of the matte black. I'll post some pics later of a few of the cars I have/had... I have been doing some research and found I will just go with the Plasti Dip. I can do a flat black and add a bit of gloss to it to get it to look like the factory Matte Black. Plus it's fully reversible, peels right off, if I change my mind or for resale later on...

Here's a few pics of the ride home from CT to NH...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. It seems the general consensus here and also from my friends, is to also keep the stock wheels that are on it. The problem for me is I am just a huge fan of the matte black. I'll post some pics later of a few of the cars I have/had... I have been doing some research and found I will just go with the Plasti Dip. I can do a flat black and add a bit of gloss to it to get it to look like the factory Matte Black. Plus it's fully reversible, peels right off, if I change my mind or for resale later on...

Here's a few pics of the ride home from CT to NH...

Damn you. I promised myself to never get another black car again but these pictures are tempting me soooo bad lol. Btw would you have happened to have a black zr1 perhaps and some other black cars like a truck or hummer? Your driveway and house looks very very similar to one someone posted of their zr1 on the vette forum and their car on cars.com.

OP
OP
S

s_c5519

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn you. I promised myself to never get another black car again but these pictures are tempting me soooo bad lol. Btw would you have happened to have a black zr1 perhaps and some other black cars like a truck or hummer? Your driveway and house looks very very similar to one someone posted of their zr1 on the vette forum and their car on cars.com.

Well I promised myself I would never NOT get another black car again:) lol... Yes I am the one on the Vette and Camaro forums. I sold the ZR1, H2, and Camaro ZL1 coupe and just bought a ZL1 convertible. I have always had Chevys, but I gotta tell you, this Viper is the BEST car I have ever owned!

This will also explain why I am not getting talked out of pitch black wheels...

Last edited:

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I promised myself I would never NOT get another black car again:) lol... Yes I am the one on the Vette and Camaro forums. I sold the ZR1 and bought a Camaro ZL1. I have always had Chevys, but I gotta tell you, this Viper is the BEST car I have ever owned!

A zr1 for a zl1? You crazy? lol. How does this viper compare to the zr1? Especially how do the bilsteins compare to that MR system?

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I promised myself I would never NOT get another black car again:) lol... Yes I am the one on the Vette and Camaro forums. I sold the ZR1, H2, and Camaro ZL1 coupe and just bought a ZL1 convertible. I have always had Chevys, but I gotta tell you, this Viper is the BEST car I have ever owned!

This will also explain why I am not getting talked out of pitch black wheels...

You have too many black cars damn lol. Yea it seems I am in the minority here telling you matte black would look better. I don't like hyper black they look like my OEM gt500 wheels. I think they are the same color. It looks way better with a gloss or matte black especially withe big red calipers.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, that is spectacular color combo on the Viper! Black with the red/black interior, wow. It really has me second guessing myself waiting for the Stryker Red when I see from my search that there are a couple of Vipers for sale now with that black/red combo. I swear I'm tempted to get one like yours.

Nice collection of black bad ass machines! I have a love for Corvettes as well as Vipers, after attending Ron Fellows ZR1 school at Spring Mountain. So much that I'm returning for Level II in October. Although I don't have the emotional connection with the Corvette as I do with the Viper's Halle Berry curves, and she looks good in a black dress.

How about adding a red pinstripe to your matte black wheels, like you had on the ZR1? I think that would be a nice touch, to tie into the red/black interior. Some of the high end wheel shops send wheels out for painting, they could probably powder coat them matte black and add the pinstripe. Not sure though, it's been a while since I've done anything like that. You might try California Wheels, if you strike out in your area.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a shot of matte black Sidewinder IIs on a black Gen V. I still prefer the Hyper Blacks you have on there now, but either way it's a sweet ride. :D

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny thing about this Hyper vs Matte black finish choice, is that with most wheel companies the Hyper Black is an upgrade finish and the Matte Black is a standard finish. They Hyper Black is a 2-stage powdercoat with a basecoat and tinted clearcoat. Matte black is just a single stage coating. I found it amusing that SRT charged more for the easier finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32