Loud noise from back of Viper

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the rear end goes over choppy pavement I have a loud noise from the back of my Viper. Is it possible the battery has come loose? Has that ever happenned to anybody before. It sounds like something hard bumping around. What else should I check for? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Flash

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my case it was the exhaust. Verify the clearance around the cross members.
The battery is easy to verify. Open the trunk cover and check it.

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does it make a "clang" when you shut the trunk as well? The screws on your diffusers may be missing. I was missing 3 or 4 from my car (it was less than a month old ???) Is it that? I don't know but..... good luck.

Bookie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I heard the same noise. The viper tech at my dealer told me it was the emergency brake unit making the noise. As per the tech, the tolerances on the emergency brake are not what they should be and it is causing some movement, ie. noise. He made it sound as if it is a common issue and there is nothing realy to do.

OP
OP
F

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the noise just started. It hasnt always made the noise. I guess Ill have to take it in to the dealer. The bummer is you have to drive it aggressively to get it to make the noise. I perish the thought of them driving my car.

Flash

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trunk latch will make some noise when you close the trunk. Look for loose parts inside of the rear of the trunk lid where the latch is.

Robbie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302