low tire pressure warning

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on the track when the "low tire pressure" light came on, so I checked all the tires and the pressure was fine. Later that day on the trip home the warning light went out and stayed off until last week. I was on a back road and having a great (track like!) drive and the light came on again - again all pressure is fine but the light will not go out now! Any idea on what the problem might be?

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think that there are batteries in the valve stems or somewhere. Maybe they are going bad.:dunno: Maybe The Wizard will chime in.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are monitors on the inside of each wheel, attached to the valve stems, which do have batteries (I think). But from what I was told, there is a master TPMS unit for all of them - if all your pressures are ok then that is what I suspect.

04 Black GA Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. 2004 Viper. I finally took it to the dealer. The master TPMS module (part # 4815227AF) in the dash was bad. The wheel sensors were ok. Had to order a new monitor. $158 plus tax. They haven't installed it yet. $200 more to install, and 2 wasted afternoons at the dealership.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a number of prior posts on this. Before you go to the trouble of replacing the module, have the system reset at the dealers using the donut shaped magnet placed on each wheel in the correct sequence and their computer. Have him do it more than once. When I first received my 2006 coupe the low pressure light was on and stayed on. After consulting with Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse and Chuck Tator, AKA "The Wizard", this is what worked. The key was doing it more than once - one right after the other. The system has not malfunctined since. If this does not work, the next step is to test each wheel stem monitor. One or more could be bad. They quickly change out assuming the dealer has the equipment to properly remove that part of the tire from the rim without damaging the rim - a very important thing to determine. The tire changing equipment involved is expensive and some dealerships do not have it. ( This is particularly important with the five spoke rims that first appeared in 2006. They have no lip.)

OP
OP
K

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information...I'll have the dealer try to reset it before anything else!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62