Lowering caps?

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be replacing your stock shocks premature with EIBACHS. They are not good on the track either. They are more of a poser mod. Some guys here like them though. I have KWs personnaly.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with spring caps. I haven't heard anything negative here about them. Have you tried a search on them here?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be replacing your stock shocks premature with EIBACHS. They are not good on the track either. They are more of a poser mod. Some guys here like them though. I have KWs personnaly.

I'm guess I'm a poser, and have never driven a car fast in my life.

I'd be more curious about how many people have spent $3500+ on coil-overs and have hardly any miles on them, or how many have never seen a track. Would that make them posers too? :rolleyes:

Are coil overs better? Definitely.
Are coil overs required? Depends on your purpose for the vehicle.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my car with Eibachs' and JonBs' spring caps. Had them installed last week.

dyno_06_005.jpg

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So JonB, can i purchase the caps online from you for an 2003?

YES!

And you did order, and they have SHIPPED. THANK YOU. They should go well w/ your CCW Wheels from us a while back, Thanks....

Many thanks to TREESNAKE for the Eibacs+Caps Post. Perfect look in my opinion.
P.S Progressive Eibach springs are a COMPLIMENT to track driving! The more you try to toss em, the harder they rebound. I have had Eibachs on 3 of my Vipers and mostly track miles.

PPS, WE HAVE KW VARIANT-2 sets for "under $3100 complete" assembled, with springs !!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its an 2003 ! I heard eibachs cause problems..Is that true?

The biggest and saddest flaw in this board, besides anonymity, is the abundance of part-truths that grow to urban legends.

Some examples:
KNs dont fit Gen 1-2 airboxes. Sheeeesh. Idiotic, but rumor still around.

Only ACR Shocks are adjustable . Nope. All Gen 1-2 shocks are rebound-adjustable.

CORSA Sounds Like a Boat. Whaat? Cause they have a marine division? FACT: If you heard a Gen 2 Corsa that was installed before late 2001, its a 2.5". Corsa 3" is GREAT!

Eibachs wont fit 2003 or Gen 3. Wrong. [ Unless you buy older stock from some vendor who does not know what to supply you. Fortunately, you have PartsRack! ]

THANKS FOR YOUR BIZ

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im looking at this and i like to chime in as i was the first to do the lowering caps/eibach combo last year when everyone was against it and said it wasnt going to work. went ahead and did it anyway and now everyone is selling this . just like tator says im the "proving grounds" .

after 7k miles the shocks still hold up. only problem that i have had is when u hit a small dip at around 60mph + youre going air bourne, you and your passenger without belt will hit your head on the roof of your car because there is no suspension travel whats so ever. also when you hit a ***-hole or a small road imperfection you really feel it with a big boom! im actually taking off this lowering caps this season and just run eibachs so atleast i have some suspension travel and reduce flight time and booms.

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if thats considered dangerous? I've got eibachs on my car and am fixing to put lowering caps at least on the back. Hmmm...

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most def. dangerous and if you live in a climate (midwest) that has winters and *** holes I would stay away. That is if you actually drive the car on a regular basis. There was a video on youtube...can find it right now....when a viper hit a small dip in the road around 70mph and got air born and bad wreck ensued!!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could you chime in since you ahve the same setup as i do? how do you feel about the ride quality overall?

I haven't had a bit of trouble with my Eibach/spring cap set up on my 06. I also have Eibachs' and JonB's spring caps on my '01 GTS. The handling is definitey better. I talked to JonB about the "shorter" profile of the spring itself. He said "yes the only danger is if you become airborne". I figured that if I become airborne I will probably have several other things to worry about beside the springs...:omg:

There is one other small problem. Other Viper owners will ask what you did to your car. They're not sure what it is but they like it. "RX Viper" saw my car for the first time and ordered the same set up for his Mamba.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
do you guys have any clearance issues?
i drive my car a lot so i dont want to scrape in and out of driveways.
i was thinking abt just doing caps....

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You definitely will need to adjust your driving. My basic rule is to go over curbs and driveway hazards on a 45 degree angle, and slow. I don't have any issues with tire clearance when turning (on '01 or '06). The caps are rated at about 1/2 in. drop. Eibachs are around an inch. (Per JonB) I don't think the caps alone would make that much difference. IMHO

FYI... Some guys get their factory springs "cut" to lower their cars. This is dangerous. You are altering the "load" of the spring itself. As if that wasn't enough, the heat from cut can make the spring brittle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960