"Major" Bummer...Could Be You or me

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hadn't seen that particular video, at least I don't remember it recently. If you assume the car was new to the driver, he had no business driving it the way he was (riding tails of other drivers, zipping across two lanes of traffic w/o signaling, etc.). On second thought, new to him or not, that was just plain reckless. Fortunately it doesn't appear anyone was hurt, but if there was ever a case of someone who may have 'had it coming', this was it. No sympathy from me to anyone who drives like that in traffic, regardless of what they're driving.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happens in this neck of the woods all the time.....particularly on Friday/Saturday nights......don't need a viper for that to happen....

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this isn't a repost....

This is something to think about while on Viper Club.... "Cruises"

We all know how we drive on them.

(I am as guilty as anybody.....:()

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtwvJt-I-w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtwvJt-I-w[/URL]

I'm not sure why on a "cruise" one would be more prone to poor driving. I guess it could stem from some group mentality? :dunno: When I'm in the group, I'm usually taking less risks than when I'm out by myself.

But that accident was an "avoiding stupid risks 101" example.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to jump over 2 lanes while he was transitioning from a dark tunnel to bright sunlight. Double whammy got him:crazy2: If he had an ABS equipped Viper he might have made the stop in time as you can see that he locked them up pretty good.

He also could have scrubed off a ton of speed on the wall so he didn't hit the car in front of him. Better a 1 car accident than a 3 car!

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure why on a "cruise" one would be more prone to poor driving. I guess it could stem from some group mentality? :dunno: When I'm in the group, I'm usually taking less risks than when I'm out by myself.

But that accident was an "avoiding stupid risks 101" example.

Where are these "less risk" cruises. I've never been on one. I tell the GF they are all "accelerated". I don't want her to know about these 'less risk" cruises.....;)

For example... I was on a large Viper cruise this past weekend. The cruise groups were split up into "Sightseeing" and "Spiritted"...

Need I explain the... "Spiritted".... cruise? :D

I agree totally about the "stupid driver" part in the video. Blind weaving around trucks etc....:omg:

The above mentioned "spiritted" cruise was far from reckless, or anything stupid like the video...IMO

I was on the "sightseeing" cruise......:rolleyes:
With the GF....

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certainly not a "new" Viper as the video is titled... You can see the clamshell hood pop up and tons of tire smoke = no ABS. Also, I agree this didn't happen "because" of this being a Viper. I've witnessed this exact type of accident many times and none of those were Vipers. Inexperienced drivers are allowed to drive anything.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are these "less risk" cruises. I've never been on one. I tell the GF they are all "accelerated". I don't want her to know about these 'less risk" cruises.....;)

For example... I was on a large Viper cruise this past weekend. The cruise groups were split up into "Sightseeing" and "Spiritted"...

Need I explain the... "Spiritted".... cruise? :D

I agree totally about the "stupid driver" part in the video. Blind weaving around trucks etc....:omg:

The above mentioned "spiritted" cruise was far from reckless, or anything stupid like the video...IMO

I was on the "sightseeing" cruise......:rolleyes:
With the GF....

It may well be that I'm not witness to the "spirited" part of many of our cruises, due to my comfort in riding the "sadle". :D But, hypothetically speaking", my experience suggests that the idiot drivers pretty much drive like idiots whether they are part of a "group cruise" or off on their own. Idiot = Idiot

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.) OEM brakes, lock fronts, flat spots: $600
2.) big engine, big ego, idiot driving, collision: $15,000
3.) Move odds in your favor when idiot driver is nearby: rear brakes.

Yes, Mr. Idiot has suffered the consequences. But slo-mo will show lots of smoke from the fronts and not from the rears. Self-serving safety notice- let's learn from these "mistakes".

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may well be that I'm not witness to the "spirited" part of many of our cruises, due to my comfort in riding the "sadle". :D But, hypothetically speaking", my experience suggests that the idiot drivers pretty much drive like idiots whether they are part of a "group cruise" or off on their own. Idiot = Idiot

Very true....

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks as though it was somewhere outside of the U.S.
Mexico City, maybe?

Most populated city in the world and you're driving like that? FAIL
Nice ride like that and you're driving like that? FAIL
You drive like that? FAIL

I wouldn't put that guy in charge of an Easy Bake Oven let alone a vehicle.

For the record:
Of the almost dozen VCA cruises I've been fortunate enough to be a part of, I've NEVER EVER seen ANY member drive ANYWHERE NEAR that reckless.
Don't get me wrong; there are the occasional 'contact patch' marks left after stopping, or a quick tail whip around a corner, but EVERYTHING is controlled and executed with PLENTY of time and space.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21