Midland woman, pilot die in accident near Lubbock

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excerpts from the Midland Reporter Telegram..........

"Kirk Fulton, a Lubbock corporate pilot and aerobatic pilot, and 20-year old Melinda Lee Yeun of Midland were killed in Saturdays pre-dawn hours when Fulton's high-speed Dodge Viper sports car crashed south of Lubbock, according to Texas Department of Public Safety officials......"

"Services for Fulton, 44, are to be held at 10:30a.m.........."

"DPS officials in Lubbock said Fulton's Viper, powered by 450-horsepower V-10 engine, was traveling at 139 miles per hour (mph) immediately before the sports car went out of control and landed in a cotton field. Alcohol was a "contributing factor" to the accident, DPS officials said."

"Fulton was to perform in a weekend airshow. Fulton competed in the Unlimited Category in International Aerobatic Club (IAC) competition and performed in airshows throughout the United States."

"Before his aviation career, Fulton had been a professional race-car driver in the sprint-car circuit....."

"As a race-car enthusiast, "He was a good driver" said (friend). "I've driven with him."

Makes you think.........

<FONT COLOR="Red">[ I posted this in the Snake Pit but thought it was appropriate for this forum as well ]</FONT c>

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As this story was posted here a couple days ago (and in Off Topic today), I will respectfully close this one down.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.