Missing Koni's

Looki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey All

I purchased a 2000 ACR last year from Bernie @ BJ Motors.

The car was in good shape and only had 8000miles on the clock. At the time I ask Bernie why the car did not come with the shock adjustment tool and never got a answer.
Finally decided to take a crack at adjusting the ride height and compress yesterday and guess what?
The car does not have the adjustable 2812 Konis as it should. It has the standard non adjustable 8240 koni.
To me, this seems strange as the car had so few miles on the clock as to why some one would pull them out.

Any one have any thoughts and suggestions on what to do now?

Thanks

Looki

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very possible someone changed them for a better ride or could have had one leaking and just replaced them with regular old Viper shocks. I wouldn't worry about it too much. BJ very likely didn't know either.

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come you didn't make sure the car came with all the ACR options before buying it? Have you talked to Bernie since then?

If I'm not mistaken, Dynamic shocks were in '00 to '02 ACR's, only the '99 ACR's came with Koni 2812's. The Dynamics tend to leak more than the Konis, so it is highly possible that the previous owner just put the regular shocks, and he probably wanted a more comfortable ride.

Since you have the regular shocks now, how about some Eibachs, or springs caps, or both? If you want the Koni 2812's, I have a used set, PM me if you're interested.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Did you buy the car "as is", or were there any representations/warranty/guaranties made with the sale?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The build date dictates whether your car came with the Koni's or the Dynamic. The Koni package never came with the adjustment tool (spanner wrench).

OP
OP
L

Looki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all

Thanks for the replys .

I am not intrested in giving Brenie a hard time as I am sure he had no idea they where missing prior to selling the car.
My question really is what to do now regarding replacment. Do I go back to the factory installed equipment or are they not worth my time.
I assume the reason they are missing is because of leaking and I do not need to see that happen again.

Thanks
Looki

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things happen to cars, when they've been around for 8+ years.
In the case of a Viper, you can't judge it by mileage.
People are dweebs, and will rack up normal miles on their fat SUV's, and only occasionally go out and beat their Viper.
If you want a perfect car you should buy a new one.

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 2000 ACR comes with Koni Shocks. All were rebuilt too. If I remember correctly it has very early build date. When I put the supercharger on, the tuner told me that early 2000 ACR comes with forged internal -- there's no fixed rule it's just the availablity of parts.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, I am puzzled and if something is not right or missing than I want to make it right. I am in Texas for the Viper Days event this weekend and then returning on 31st, call me let's get it taken care of as soon as possible. Please e-mail me [email protected]. The car should have the Dynamics and almost all of the cars I have had with the Dynamics have leaked. Thanks

OP
OP
L

Looki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, I am puzzled and if something is not right or missing than I want to make it right. I am in Texas for the Viper Days event this weekend and then returning on 31st, call me let's get it taken care of as soon as possible. Please e-mail me [email protected]. The car should have the Dynamics and almost all of the cars I have had with the Dynamics have leaked. Thanks

Hi Bernie

Thanks for the reply and I will drop you a line. The car did come with Koni's as the sealed owners manual and adjustment manual for them are with the car.

Thanks

Tim

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car should have the Dynamics and almost all of the cars I have had with the Dynamics have leaked. Thanks

BJ.. and what do you do with the leaky Dynamics? You do know that it's a seal rebuild necessary for any race style damper, hopefully you don't scrap them..

Let me know..
Mike

SCCAviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Viper without the correct shocks is not an ACR. Would be very unhappy.