Modifications

ViperKSA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd like to survey members with respect to their modifications. List 4 or 5 changes/modifications (in the order you did them) to your VIPER to improve performance/driveability/looks, etc. Why did you do them in that particular order?

Just curious. Thanks for your input.

TJ

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2004 SRT-10

1)Mopar Race exhaust

2)Autoform Rollbar

3)Autoform Hardtop

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Norcal Viper club Mats
2) corsa
3) rt high flow cats
4) k&n
5) RB1 Navigation, Icruze, and Polk Speakers
6) MGW
7) hre 542R 19/20 wheels

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Paxton
2) Lowered w Motons
3) Skip shift mod
4) Aluminum exhaust tips
5) Upgraded floor mats
6) A/C and radio knob trim

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
" List 4 or 5 changes/modifications "

Way too many mods in my case to list, but ones I would recomend and would do over and over again:

1-PAXTON
2-Autoform Hardtop

Next mods:

3-Quaife
4-Motons
5-Rollbars

Mamba King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Borla exhaust
Skip shift mod
Lowered w Motons
HRE'S 19"/20"
Hood pad with Mamba Logo
Mamba sills
MGW Interior
Rear bumber inserts with mesh (very nice)

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't edit my post now, but actually.number 2 for me should have been RB1 nav radio with XM satellite radio. Forgot about that.

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st, put in a real roll bar. I can't find the photos of the OEM "roll hoops" I removed from my car now, but they're made of lawn furniture quality aluminum. One look at them in person will scare you. They're just decorative .... but on a 500 HP car! It's crazy and yes I know there is a door jamb warning about them. Get a roll bar and then mod away.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st, put in a real roll bar. I can't find the photos of the OEM "roll hoops" I removed from my car now, but they're made of lawn furniture quality aluminum. One look at them in person will scare you. They're just decorative .... but on a 500 HP car! It's crazy and yes I know there is a door jamb warning about them. Get a roll bar and then mod away.
Ditto! Here ya go:
7177Sport_Hoops.jpg

Reaction score
Skip Barber 2 day Driving VCA discount 25% (1)
Skip Barber Car Control VCA discount 10%(4 times)
Skip Barber 3 day racing school VCA discount 10% (1)
Skip Barber Lapping Day (2 times)
Skip Barber Viper Club Driving School (4 times)

Reason for modification:
1. Learn how to control a car, Vehicle dynamics, braking, turning, braking and turning, skid recovery then connecting these skills.
2. Maximize the driving experience.
3. Support Participation in open track driving events like "Viper Days"

Vehicle Modifications:
1. Five point Restraint system
2. Brake deflectors to cool front rotors
3. Motul Brake fluid - higher temperature fluid to extend useful function of brake system.
4. StopTech Big Brake system- better braking
5. EMI suspension tuning
6. K&N air filters
7. Heads ported and polished, headers
8. Roe Racing cooling fan
9. Fire suppression system
10. Roll Hoop

Performance driving can make drivers safer and much faster at track events. Adding power without increasing the ability to control a car will make the driver slower because the car is more difficult to control.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
ViperKSA,

Most mods in sig. It sounds like you're talking about car mods, not driving school. If I were to do it over:

1 - 3M clear bra on front. Road rash occurs very fast on these cars. I should have done this the day I brought the car home. I've now repainted the fascia twice in 25,000 miles.

2 - Autoform roll bar. Factory roll hoops are a joke. What is your life worth to you?

3 - Autoform hard top. If you plan to track or drag the car, this is a must.

4 - Quaife Differential. The stock diff is junk.

5 - This one is tough. I went with 3.55's and got a lot of early bang for the buck. I later went back to 3.07's due to power increases and traction problems.

My advice. Think about how you want to use the car and how long you intend to keep it. Are you a "poser" and into bling? Are you a drag racer? Are you a road course guy? Do you just want to cruise with the top down? How serious are you and what is your budget?

Sooner or later, you must attend a driving school or two. I wouldn't wait too long on that. FYI, I have now attended 4 driving school sessions (Viper Days is a good start). I now know how little I really knew about high performance driving. I still know a lot less about driving this beast than I want to and my skill level isn't what I want it to be. I am attending my fifth and sixth driving schools in Feb and March 06. The March school is being set up by Bill Pemberton of Woodhouse Dodge to be held in Las Vegas. I believe there are still some openings.

Whatever you do, it should be fun. My latest mods should net me about 900 rwhp in my SRT-10, so as you can see, I'm hooked.

Good luck,

Dan

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. LPE headwork/cams/rockers
2. Headers/cat, resonator, and muffler delete
3. Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear brakes/rotors
4. Rollbar/harnesses
5. Revalved Koni shocks/Eibach springs/aggressive alignment
6. Goodyear Eagle slicks on 18" CCWs

I did all of this for increased performance on the road course. Next in line- motons, new upper/lower control arms (Archer), and a Quaife dif...

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
How many "cams" did you put in that GTS Viperidae GTS?

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper X- funny guy...

I didn't put any in, but hopefully John Lingenfelter knew how many to install since the car was originally owned by one of his closest friends at the time the cam/heads were done.