Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner

dirtysocks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That stuff is amazing, if there are any deposits on your valves, it has the potential to not run as smooth as normal.
I use that stuff all the time at work, and nothing even comes close.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
used it all the time on the old 4.0 to clean the valves. here was the way Chrysler told us to do it on the 4.0s

-Get engine to full temp
-spray can of cleaner into t-body while vehicle is at idle
-soon as can is empty shut off engine
-wait 2 hours, then go beat on the car like the red headed step child

it used to clean up the 4.0s all the time, i can't tell you how many cans of this stuff i have used.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dirtythrottle plates make them run a little funny on some models, havent seen a car run poor due to dirty valves since carbs... the old method spraying can till the engine died,then let sit, then start and clean out was great for me, cause i rebuilt alot of lower ends after fools did this

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dirtythrottle plates make them run a little funny on some models, havent seen a car run poor due to dirty valves since carbs... the old method spraying can till the engine died,then let sit, then start and clean out was great for me, cause i rebuilt alot of lower ends after fools did this

if you are spraying the can so heavy the engine dies? ya i could see that. LOL

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats what they said to do in the day......i hear ya

OP
OP
G

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Funny thing was, I was expecting it to die while spraying but it wouldn't stop running. The engine RPMs went up by itself while I was spraying. I had a friend in the car to shut it off after the cans were empty. My car has almost 72K miles on it, so maybe there was some carbon buildup that was cleaned up. The seat-of-the-pants meter says it worked wonders. Definitely worth $6.99 a can in my book.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 72K you have got some serious carbon build up. I'm sure it was not a placebo effect on your car. At 17K miles my piston tops and cylinder heads had an unbelievable amount of carbon deposits. I don't drive it like a nanny either. Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang