Mopar PCM's shipping!

Reaction score
To all the customers that have asked me about these I have it on good authority that these are at Mopar and getting ready to ship out! please call me with a CC and confirm you still want one.

Thank you,
Mark

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mark, I'm new to this 08 thing :D :D

What are teh benefits of the mopar PCM on a stock car? Would it be better utilized after you had installed headers/exhaust?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Hey Mark, I'm new to this 08 thing :D :D

What are teh benefits of the mopar PCM on a stock car? Would it be better utilized after you had installed headers/exhaust?

On a stock car the power will be about 10-12 hp so not much really. The throttle response will be better because of the changes made to the tip in tables for fuel etc...

The skip shift is disabled, car will run smoother, basically all the same things the other re flashes were doing on the Gen3 cars. This will allow some leniency in mods by loosening up the PCM a little without throwing codes.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Can it be modified then later on if say NOS or a S/C is to be added, or is it jus the one program?

No, this will be the only PCM from Mopar you will probably see and the set up is what they think will be safe. There might be someone that can crack the codes and make it adjustable but Mopar will not.

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm late to this, too.

Is the warranty impacted by this new PCM?

2008 SRT/10 Coupe

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
1159.00 for 10-12 hp?? seems like a lot for a little? what am I missing?

It's not really about the ultimate gains it is about the ability to get the most out of aftermarket add ons. The PCM runs better and smoother than the stock one and will allow you to mod some without check engine lights.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can it be modified then later on if say NOS or a S/C is to be added, or is it jus the one program?

Mike, this'll catch U up:

MSRP $1159.00
2008-09 Vipers - Off road use Only
>Spark and fuel tables have been modified to function when "power adders" like headers, cat back exhaust, aftermarket cams and cool air inlet systems are used. The computer will sense the additional air flow and will compensate with appropriate fuel and spark to maximize performance.
>Power adders can be used without turning on dash warning lights. Catalysts and O2 sensors can be removed without tripping warning lights or causing limp mode to activate.
>Revised fuel/spark tables are intended for power levels below 700hp [This controller is not intended for use with nitrous, superchargers or packages that go above 700hp]
>1 - 4 skip shift feature in the production calibration is eliminated.
>Rev limit increases from 6400 rpm to 6500 rmp.
>Tachometer is more sensitive, 25 rpm updates vs. production calibration of 100 rpms.
>Engine idle speed increased from 700 rpm to 750 rpm.
>The TTC pedal/throttle MAP has been refined to improve pedal feel.
>93 octane fuel use only....but Knock Sensor will tolerate 91 octane

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
I guess I was thinking you could not change the cam in cam and have no problems. The stand alone would seem to be needed to accomplish this???

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark- How much shop time and cost to do an install? On anther thread you had mentioned it has to be done by a dealer so I assume that's still the case?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Mark- How much shop time and cost to do an install? On anther thread you had mentioned it has to be done by a dealer so I assume that's still the case?

Most shops will probably charge for the swap and then the program sync. 1.5 hours. Yes a dealer will need to do the install.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
do we get the old PCM back in case we need to return to stock?

Yes you get to keep the stock one so no problems switching back. I am under the impression though the dealer would need to perform the throttle re learn again though each time they are swapped.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
I will be getting the first batch of 15 PCM'c on this WED.!!!!! I will be going down the list I have in the order I received your calls or PM's and letting you decide if you still want them. If you do not respond within 24 hrs. I will need to move on down the list since there are 31 of you and only 15 PCM's at this time I have to do this. I will be ordering more but Arrow does not have the second batch yet.

Thanks to you all for being patent with this roll out.:2tu:

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
I just got confirmation here that, and I think Herb had eluded to this before, the PCM after the initial install and throttle learning CAN be swapped back and forth with the stock one without the dealers help!

I'm not condoning this but what should happen is that the stock PCM is for the street and when you get to the track you can swap in the OFF ROAD PCM for there and back again when you leave. This should eliminate any need to worry about smogging the car with the Mopar PCM in place. I do believe though that the Mopar OFF ROAD PCM would without a doubt FAIL any kind of emission testing so don't even try it.

:D:drive: