Mopar Performance Venom ECU Q's

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That was a great reply SRT, as stated when changing any Gen 4 controller (new or used). A full relearn process must be done or the vehicle may go into limp.

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Mopar PCM less sensitive to higher Maf readings then the stock PCM?

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well new ECU goes in Sunday thanks to a friend's connection at a local dealer. Anything tips or advice for the install??

I have:

K&N filter (Drop in)
CAT delete
Borla cat-back

Thanks! I dyno'd around 543 prior to this so I am excited to see the new numbers. The car is also going back on the dyno a week from saturday so I will keep posted on before/after numbers.

Hoping for 560+

I read that you want to put some miles on the car after the install so the new ECU can learn the car better. How many miles would be recomended???

Thanks!

-Tim

F

FrgMstr

I read that you want to put some miles on the car after the install so the new ECU can learn the car better. How many miles would be recomended???

Thanks!

-Tim

I have gotten some feedback from several sources on this very recently and opinions vary. The opinion that seemed most informed was 100 miles in 4 25 mile driving sessions. I have not been back on the dyno to confirm it all. Others said 50 miles of driving and it would be "set." So 100 miles or so seems to be the safe choice before you get back on the dyno. I was also told that spirited driving would be required to get the most out of it. I did a dyno pull with about 40 miles on my new setup and was told that I was not showing the numbers I should.

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting forged internals and Belanger headers and exhaust. Motor is currently At Arrow, and upon return Belanger will be installed.

Do I need this Mopar CU? I was going to forgo it. I do want the reduced throttle lag, but love the pops on decel.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say I am a bit confused. My car just came out of the shop having acr headers installed and a used mopar pcm. The shop say's they were able to succesfully change the vin and mileage.
The tec told me the procedure but i really wasn't paying attenion as I was eager to drive my car. I believe he said that they programmed the vin into the pcm before installing in the car. Also I
think it came out of a vert (moundir's), not sure. So far the windows are working fine.

I guess I would need to go to a dealer to read my vin and see if this was really accomplished.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say I am a bit confused. My car just came out of the shop having acr headers installed and a used mopar pcm. The shop say's they were able to succesfully change the vin and mileage.
The tec told me the procedure but i really wasn't paying attenion as I was eager to drive my car. I believe he said that they programmed the vin into the pcm before installing in the car. Also I
think it came out of a vert (moundir's), not sure. So far the windows are working fine.

I guess I would need to go to a dealer to read my vin and see if this was really accomplished.

What year car was Moundirs? I have an 08 convertible PCM i was going to use in my 08 Coupe, but the info shared here made me decide to sell it and buy a new PCM, but if I can get it reprogrammed and work fine, I would much rather do that.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year car was Moundirs? I have an 08 convertible PCM i was going to use in my 08 Coupe, but the info shared here made me decide to sell it and buy a new PCM, but if I can get it reprogrammed and work fine, I would much rather do that.

Pretty sure it is an 08.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That was a great reply SRT, as stated when changing any Gen 4 controller (new or used). A full relearn process must be done or the vehicle may go into limp.

It also should be noted that the same applies if you change throttle bodies or pedal assembly on a Gen-4 for some reason, even if the ECU/Car is untouched otherwise.

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the wealth of knowledge on this forum, and appreciate the level of detail that I recieve from the pro's on here. I know I am bring an older thread back from the dead... but It seems like a good place to continue on.

I just purchassed a new controller, and will be having the dealer install it soon. Reading the mileage bit is what I am confused about. Is the mileage stored in the PCM or somewhere else? It sounds to me like its stored in two places... What happens when you switch back and forth?