My Mopar ECU Reprogrammed

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased a used mopar ecu along with headers for another member. After reading up on the ecu and asking questions I was told that my vin and mileage could not be reprogrammed into an ecu that already was programmed to another vin. Well the shop that I have installing the headers claimed they were able to reprogram it with my correct vin and mileage. They had someone come in with the mopar tool and said there are specific instructions on how to do it. I have not seen it with my own eyes so I haven;t verified it- but I don't think they are misleading me.

I'm not putting anyone down for the information that I received - I just want to give a heads up on it.
I will have the car back tomorrow.

Also they dynoed my car before the header install for a baseline- it dynoed at 550 which I am pretty happy with. The car already has corsa exhaust and k&n filters.
Hoping with the headers and ecu will be close to 600, but I guess more realistic number would be 580.

Thanks

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm interested what shop did it too. I have a Venom programmer sitting on the shelf and never put it in because I did not want to take it to the dealer.

BTW, are you coming to the detail clinic on 04MAY? I'd love to hear a GENIV with headers.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested what shop did it too. I have a Venom programmer sitting on the shelf and never put it in because I did not want to take it to the dealer.

BTW, are you coming to the detail clinic on 04MAY? I'd love to hear a GENIV with headers.

I am going to try. Have to see how busy work is.

The name of the shop is JD'S automotive. Web page is here http://www.jds-high-performance.com/
The owner Joe told me when I brought the car in that he could reprogram the ecu with my vin and mileage.
I told him I didn't think it was possible. When he talked to me today he told me it was accomplished. He said there were
specific directions from mopar on how to do this.

Now I didn't pick up the car yet and don't know how I would even tell unless I brought it to a dealer- but I don't think he would outright lie to me.
He does have a very nice shop with a dyno and the mechanic that works on my car - marcellus is meticulous. That is the reason I am using him again even
though he has had my car for 11 days (am also doing the woodhouse motor and trans mounts) , after making an appointment a month in advance.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome news!! If it doesnt work out for you, I'll gladly take it back like I told you I would. BTW, I made 585RWHP with my setup. Only difference, I had the bigger corsas... Good Luck and wait till you hear your car now with the headers!!

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have the intake also?
BTW thanks for being a stand up guy! I'd give you 100 rep points if i could.

Awesome news!! If it doesnt work out for you, I'll gladly take it back like I told you I would. BTW, I made 585RWHP with my setup. Only difference, I had the bigger corsas... Good Luck and wait till you hear your car now with the headers!!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah forgot about that ;) No worries, I'm glad my mods went to good guy!

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that it matters a whole lot...gen IV mileage is stored in the BCM
When dodge removed the battery power, removed the factory PCM, I noted mileage wasn't recorded, being concerned my car has clocked KM, I didn't want the new Mopar Controller to read miles. When the car was brought up on wi tech it was shown mill age wasn't an issue because it was stored in the BCM.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome news! Also to ease minds did the ECU go from a vert to a coupe? I seen Moundir commented and from what I remember he has a Vert?!?! NO? And you obviously has a coupe?

Someone on here is selling the ECU in classifieds for vert. Great info and thanks for sharing!!!

-Tim

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll let Gary chime in, but So far all the rumors are false about the PCM! I do have a vert and he does have a coupe, and it did work in his coupe after being used in my vert!

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE the new mods. Installed ACR-X Headers with hi-flo cats and Mopar PCM. Already had Corsa's, Quaife with 455's and K&N's.
The headers sound amazing and the throttle response is much better. Real nice raspy sound when you get on it, but not too loud when cruising in 4th or 5th gear. Car still has a nice decel pop when downshifting at higher rpms which I read that the Mopr PCM would delete.
Car feels tons faster! Mopar pcm from Moundir's vert seems to working great.
Too the track soon- see what she does.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently sitting in my car with a buddy. We have a star scan and are trying to reprogram a used Mopar pcm to my car. Anyone have advice?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is where we got.

Plugged in used Mopar PCM from '08 vert into my '09 coupe. As soon as I hooked up the battery cable and opened the doors, both window drops worked.
We went through the with the Star Scan and updated the mileage in the PCM, relearned the ETC/APPS, TEC & Misfire Adaptive Numerator Value.

We were however, not able to change the VIN. I know others have said you cant, while a few said you can. Because the VIN in the PCM still says 08 Vert, my window drop feature no longer works, at all.

Any ideas?
He's going to some research and if we have to, try the wiTECH

Car runs fine and everything else works fine, throttle response improved, skip shift is gone so far I'm happy, just need to get the VIN updated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456