Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anybody have this:

P4510172 *Race Engine Controller (2003-05 Viper SRT10) $399.00 Click her

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, here is what it says.

This Race Engine Controller optimizes fuel/air tables for peak performance without catalytic converters, removes the skip shift feature (found on the production model), and is calibrated for premium pump fuel (91 octane minimum). For race use only.

Add Part # Description Price Addl. Info

P4510172 *Race Engine Controller (2003-05 Viper SRT10) $399.00 Click here

* Not legal for sale on pollution-controlled vehicles or vehicles registered for highway use.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i have to wonder how it works with catalytic equipped cars. Will there be a performance gain seeing there are states where we have to run the converters? If so, This is a cheap modification. has anyone tried it on a converter equipted car? Why would they say it is for race only after saying to run 91 octain fuel. Racing brequires fuel with more octain than that folks.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would they say it is for race only after saying to run 91 octain fuel. Racing brequires fuel with more octain than that folks.

That's pretty standard CYA language ... like headers are 'for off-road use only'

My understanding is that it ignores any O2 signal from behind the cats. So that can't really hurt. The question is, how much does it improve performance?

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would really like some of our more experienced "tuner" folks and racing folks chime in on this. I just acquired one in trade for a bunch of turbo Dodge stuff. I would like some definitive info on the PCM before I stick it in my car.

Along those same lines, I would like an answer from one of our dealer good guys on if I did take off the converters would I be out of warranty even though my car has 3500 miles on it

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iam interested in if there are any drivabilty and performance gains to be has with a stock viper as mentioned above. If it is programed for max power output instead of being programed for emmissions then this would be a great piece. Steve 911 are you interested in selling yours, as long as it is new in the box.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would really like some of our more experienced "tuner" folks and racing folks chime in on this. I just acquired one in trade for a bunch of turbo Dodge stuff. I would like some definitive info on the PCM before I stick it in my car.

Along those same lines, I would like an answer from one of our dealer good guys on if I did take off the converters would I be out of warranty even though my car has 3500 miles on it

I will have first hand knowledge shortly. What I was told by several "in the know"....is that it produces about a 12-15 hp gain.

Also, no voiding of the warranty with cat delete, or so I'm told.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure how it works but the specifics were explained to me by JonB at PartsRack. but from my there are certian functions that the race pcm will not handle that the stock pcm does not

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not sure how it works but the specifics were explained to me by JonB at PartsRack. but from my there are certian functions that the race pcm will not handle that the stock pcm does not

For whatever reason...my AC works at idle. After seeing your info, I called the tech doing my installations, and he checked. It worked ok.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the mopar racing will not work the a/c when the car is idling(race cars dont have a/c) so you will have to turn it off at a stop lights.

Partially correct Michael, esp during hot weather, and in-traffic creep. We can provide further tech support to customers on this PCM (in Stock, $379)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B., I am interested in using this controller. Will it work as I have asked in earlier posts? I live in CT and we have emmissions tests every 2 years so it would be easy to change out the controller but not the cats.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Sylvan, I will have to call Jon as he has not responded on the post as to my questions. I am sure he is very busy and does not have time to read all the posts.

Thanks again,

Robie

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it on my 05 along with the Race Exhaust/Catless. Dont know how much power I gained because it has not been dyno'd yet. At idle the A/C does work, though on long road trips, the A/C does lose it's coolness occasionally. I simply turn off the compressor for a few minutes, then it kicks back on.

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your a/c will work but not properly . The problem is that when the a/c turns on the stock pcm is programmed to increase the cooling fan speed in response to the a/c line pressures and temperatures . The mopar race controller does not seem to talk with a/c controller. Therefore if you are sitting there with the a/c on and it is warm out , because of the lack of air flow over the condenser , you a/c pressure sky rockets, and in general the a/c performance will not be as good . I have seen cars pop the safety valve on the a/c compressor and loose all of the refrigerant.

On cars we have installed this pcm , I feel there was a definite improvement in the drivability . There was also an improvement in the midrange torque .

- Chris

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
vprtech any idea on how much power would be gained by this system on an srt10 that has the whole belanger exhaust system with headers and high flow cats rather than catless? any ideas on how much gain in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have the mopar racing pcm & the full mopar exhaust.
the ac does cut out from time to time, but i just knock the ac knob from wherever it's set to full blast ac & let it run for a sec & then back to where i had it. that kicks the ac right back on. it's not that big of a deal.

the full mopar race kit sounds excellent.
nothing dyno'd but it certainly sounds tons btr than just having the corsa exhaust installed.
i removed my corsa to put the mopar on b/c i didn't think the corsa sounded viscious enough.

the overall fit & finish of the mopar isn't as nice as the corsa, but the mopar has a more throaty note to it. plus, you can get the pcm & full exhaust for the price of the corsa. this setup drops about another 30lbs off the car over the corsa alone.
only downside is it's not street legal.

the mopar has a lil drone, but who cares.
& yes, it's LOUD.
but now my car feels & sounds like it wants to drive around & eat lesser cars.
if i leave my car running while i'm in my office i can FEEL the rumble in my gut wherever i go. :2tu:

the only other mod i have is the K&N filters.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen