Motor Mount Failure

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went on a drive this afternoon. Noticed way too much shifter movement during acceleration. When I returned I took a look and sure enough the motor mount had a tear. Anyone else experience this?
100_3158.jpg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Mark Jorgensen is making out with the urethane motor mounts.

Jim

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
GR8 ASP- Call Mark Jorgensen @ woodhouse.

I have the urethane mounts in the VS-1500TT test mule, and in combination with a Comp Coupe trans mount, movement is substantially less, overall strength is much...MUCH... better and vibration is not too far off stock at all.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed the comp coupe trans mount.

So the urethane motor mounts exist for sale? I say it is worth a try.

Have other Paxton or turbo guys encountered this?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

4300 miles. No problems.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yep, they exist. There are two versions that I know of: Black & Red. Black is what I have, and is softer than red. The red ones are used in the Comp Coupe, but if I recall correctly, the black ones may be replacing red and become the standard. The black ones are still substantially harder than OEM, but not so hard as to rattle the frame with vibration. Both versions have internal locks to prevent splitting and failure in extreme conditions.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I will have to look at mine, as I have noticed more movement in the shifter than when I got the car byt figured it was just breaking in.

Reaction score
We have just recieved the shipment of the motor mounts! They are red and look much nicer than the old picture (will be up on the site shortly). We have plenty to go around and they are still $249 a set. You can also purchase the C.C. urethane transmission mount for about $30 and get the whole drivetrain under control!

Thanks,

Mark

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep, they exist. There are two versions that I know of: Black & Red. Black is what I have, and is softer than red. The red ones are used in the Comp Coupe, but if I recall correctly, the black ones may be replacing red and become the standard. The black ones are still substantially harder than OEM, but not so hard as to rattle the frame with vibration. Both versions have internal locks to prevent splitting and failure in extreme conditions.

Final, Are your mounts the same as the ones Woodhouse is selling, and if not, how are yours better or different than theirs? Also what is the price for these and do you have them in stock/

Robbie

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heffner Performance makes Heavy Duty Engine Mounts to use in Stage 2 and Stage 3 Twin Turbo Vipers. That’s what I have on my Stage 3 TT SRT-10. Looks similar to comp coupe engine mount and works pretty good.

Just another option.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Final, Are your mounts the same as the ones Woodhouse is selling, and if not, how are yours better or different than theirs? Also what is the price for these and do you have them in stock/

Robbie

Yep, my mounts are from woodhouse, I do not stock them however.