Motul RBF 600 DOT 4 vs. Valvoline Syn Power

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Valvoline Syn Power is prob 12-15 months old, but the top is on as tight as I can get it. Has been stored in a cabinet in a non-climate controlled garage. Is it safe to use again or should I trash it and buy a new can?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most bottles would cave in. Having a little experience in the material used for bottles and seals - it is not only opening it, it can be the bottle wall itself. You should buy metal cans or plastic bottles that are flourinated (acts like a liner). Or put the entire bottle in a sealed container with a dessicant inside. You would think that brake fluids should have a "use by" date from the manufacturer instead of making us guess....

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the cheap stuff if that's all you need. At $3.00 for the little can, does it really matter if you throw half of it away?

Anyway, I'll start with the honesty part here. Just to get everything out in the open for me.

I, dave6666, do willfully and truthfully plead guilty to the charges of wasting cheap brake fluid from Wally-Mart.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the cheap stuff if that's all you need. At $3.00 for the little can, does it really matter if you throw half of it away?

Anyway, I'll start with the honesty part here. Just to get everything out in the open for me.

I, dave6666, do willfully and truthfully plead guilty to the charges of wasting cheap brake fluid from Wally-Mart.

I used to dump my old brake fluid down the drain. Now I pour it on speed bumps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets