Motul RBF 600

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I drain my complete system and then refill with Motul RBF 600 will I have any problems with seals, etc.?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no. But don't drain anything out, and then fill- flush the system. If you get any air in the front of the system, it is a real big pain to get all the way out.

Just **** the brake fluid out of the reservoir, and refill with RBF-600. Bleed the system out each caliper, starting with the furthest from the master. Just flush until the fluid turns to a different color signifying that it has run completely through, then switch to another wheel. Keep your eye on the reservoir and don't let it run dry!

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe MBF600 is non-silicone (ie, Glycol or Polyalkylene Glycol Ether which is DOT 3, 4, 5.1 compatible). You will be fine.

By the way: The following (cheap) DOT4s will perform about as well as the RBF600 will if you flush regularly...

1) Gunk DOT4 brake fluid
2) Valvoline High Perf Synpower

You do get a highly elevated wet boiling point from the RBF600 though.

Mike

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Motul600RBF is great and not so expensive $10 that you should go to a lower quality. You really should try the Motive Bleeder if you want something easy to use. Consistent pressure pushes out air too.
Since the Motul is darker colored it's hard to see the color change. I went overboard and marked a container at 10oz, 8, 6, and 4. I use the bleeder and flush the right rear 10, left rear 6, fronts 4,4,4 each.

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motive Bleeder is great. Just get the universal adapter. The one they think fits the Viper does not.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found out the adapter they have fits the 92-00 Vipers...only non-abs ones. The reservoir changed when ABS came out and is still the current size. If you don't have ABS, the cap they have works much better than the universal.

Iceman, Does your service manual reference a Miller Tools cap for your ABS Viper?

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had no problem using the Motive Bleeder on my '01 GTS... didn't buy any extra parts or tools. I called them directly, talked to them on the phone to make sure there wouldn't be any issues... when it arrived, everything fit without much hassle at all.

And I agree with the above comments... great thing to buy, makes life VERY easy!!

OP
OP
N

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had brake boil on the track twice. So I was hoping to stop this with Motul. I think I am going to do this as well as install some brake ducts?

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
95Viper - I will check and let you know.

DG Viper - I also talked to them directly and they assured me that the Ford 3 prong would fit a Viper. I guess they did not realize the ABS vs non ABS reservoir changes.

N Charg - I had the same problems at the track. So I changed to Motul 600 then replaced the front pads to PFC 01's and the back to Brakeman 3. No further braking issues at the track. I could outbrake a 911 turbo.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DG Viper, The universal cap works fine for many but you have to admit, hooking that chain around the reservoir and twisting the screws until it supposedly seals is scary considering what will happen if fluid squirts all over the engine.

The new cap they have fits like the regular reservoir lid. Just screws on.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
N CHARG,
Motul will help but won't be enough.
The proper brake ducting will help alot.
I also had to add a brake fluid recirculating valve to stop it all together.

OP
OP
N

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have EBC Green's all around. I generally run hard and brake hard. I have not run my 05 on the track yet... does it have the same problems or was it corrected with the bigger rotors and different calipers.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are using EBC Green's, you aren't braking hard. Put some stock pads or Brakemans on if you are looking to stop faster...

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were braking hard with EBC Greens, you wouldn't stay on the track. They aren't made for that and would fade like crazy.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to brake hard with EBC too...
You must be registered for see images

If you can't tell from the pic, the pad is completely worn away and the backing plates are fused to the pistons.

OP
OP
N

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were braking hard with EBC Greens, you wouldn't stay on the track. They aren't made for that and would fade like crazy.

This could be my problem! I work them hard... but when I start losing braking I call it a day! I thought it was fluid boil... maybe it is pad related.

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DG Viper, The universal cap works fine for many but you have to admit, hooking that chain around the reservoir and twisting the screws until it supposedly seals is scary considering what will happen if fluid squirts all over the engine.

The new cap they have fits like the regular reservoir lid. Just screws on.

Yeah, I'll agree there. At first I was a little nervous...I had bad images in my head of brake fluid spraying, but once we got going it worked just fine.

I definitely would go for a better fitting cap if they have one.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got ABS and the cap I tested with them works on non-ABS. You should call them, ask for Eric and test one out.

Does the 2001 Service Manual list a Miller part for your reservior like they did for previous years?

NCharg, You found your problem. Bleed with Motul and get those Greens off the track and you'll be amazed. Go back to Greens when on street for no dust.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
......NCharg, You found your problem. Bleed with Motul and get those Greens off the track and you'll be amazed. Go back to Greens when on street for no dust.

Agreed. And You could add the "Cone Cooling Kit" for under $350 for some real piece of mind. And maybe SS lines for about the same price....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets